Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I am all for an Ole Miss style offense. QB is a passer first and a runner second. With Franks we are limited in both areas. I don't want Tebow like rushing numbers.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will be really interested to see how EJ and others are used moving forward in the offense. Definitely think Mullen has the opportunity to recruit more dynamic QB’s here.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I will be really interested to see how EJ and others are used moving forward in the offense. Definitely think Mullen has the opportunity to recruit more dynamic QB’s here.

Franks is responsible for FIVE turnovers in the last two weeks. Playing more like I thought he would all year.

If he continues to regress and EJ or JJ comes out looking solid in the spring and fall, Dan has to exercise a Spurrier-esque ruthlessness in naming a new starter. Forget all this locker room nonsense with players' emotions. It's Dan's team now. No more transitional touchy feely crap. Saban and Smart don't have a problem with it, neither should he if he really wants to compete against them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe, Mullen assesses that his most direct path to his kinda QB is to "bronc-bust" Franks out of his flaws. That would mean he sees EJ as a longer path. None of us know about EJ's flaws.? And none of us have seen him conquer the opposition. If he has what it takes to develop fast, he has the 2 coaches to speedily develop him.
IMHO, Jalen Jones will develop faster, better than EJ.? But that remains to be seen, remains for him to show that. No guesswork.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
IMHO, Jalen Jones will develop faster, better than EJ.? But that remains to be seen, remains for him to show that.

Why is this? I can see believing this IF you believe EJ has developed more slowly than average. I can see believing this IF you believe that JJ is more advanced in high school than EJ was, but being more advanced in high school may mean you have less distance to your ceiling. I am just curious if you have a reason for more optimism about JJ?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Insti, IMHO means it's based on a humble = not expert, but flimsy-based opinion. Perhaps I'm jaded by such "sure opinions" that EJ deserves more investment than Franks, who is out there facing the fire that EJ is not. My take was meant to have no more surety it's gonna rain than if I said "those clouds look like rain".

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Insti, IMHO means it's based on a humble = not expert, but flimsy-based opinion. Perhaps I'm jaded by such "sure opinions" that EJ deserves more investment than Franks, who is out there facing the fire that EJ is not. My take was meant to have no more surety it's gonna rain than if I said "those clouds look like rain".

Right, I understood that from your first post. I just wondered if there were anything more than that. You prompted me too look it up and EJ was a higher ranked recruit than JJ is at this moment.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right, I understood that from your first post. I just wondered if there were anything more than that. You prompted me too look it up and EJ was a higher ranked recruit than JJ is at this moment.

There you go, Insti, humbling my humble opinion with real info?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Serious question. Not trying to be a d! ck.
But do you think maybe he doesn't run it because we don't have the personnel? I agree with you that we should use that play more, but I struggle to think with whom.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

Meyer looked pretty 1 dimensional until he added a FB to the offense.

Glad your looking on the bright side of things. Go Gators, right? :headslap:

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
It wasn't "one game". Franks is averaging 14.5 completions per game this year (he had 13 Saturday). As a team we are averaging 15.25/game. Van Jefferson has 19 receptions to lead the team and Swain, Cleveland, and Grimes are 2nd w/ 13....through 8 games. It is what it is.

Damn, how did he ever get QBs or WRs to go to Miss ST?

Your right, it is what it is. And it is 6-2, good enough for and 11th ranking at this point.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

Its been awhile, but as I recall in Meyers first year his scheme had big trouble in the SEC. Then during the bye week major changes were made and a FB appeared. Then the offense started to take off.

So are you saying pre-bye wasn't Meyers scheme?

Is recruiting over? Did I miss it?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Your right, it is what it is. And it is 6-2, good enough for and 11th ranking at this point.

What are you talking about? He got a bunch of 2 & 3 star QBs and WRs at Mississippi State. Franks averages 14 completions a game. This discussion is about getting top rated WRs, not being 6-2 w a mediocre passing game.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

He didn’t. He got 6 total qb/wr ranked 4 star or better his entire tenure there. 3 were in his first class with no games coached. All of those 3 were from Mississippi. He got 3 more total the next 7 years. One was from MS. Dak was a low 3 star and Fitz was a 2 star.

Edit- see BMF beat me to it. Though I’ll add his total WR recruit numbers over the last 5 years (when recruits saw the full offense installed) were very low.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator