Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
He didn’t. He got 6 total qb/wr ranked 4 star or better his entire tenure there. 3 were in his first class with no games coached. All of those 3 were from Mississippi. He got 3 more total the next 7 years. One was from MS. Dak was a low 3 star and Fitz was a 2 star.

Edit- see BMF beat me to it. Though I’ll add his goal WR recruit numbers over the last 5 years (when recruits saw the full offense installed) were very low.

Fine. Of course, thats not UF.

Lets see how he recruits here. He got a pretty good looking WR last time that other big schools wanted.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Its been awhile, but as I recall in Meyers first year his scheme had big trouble in the SEC. Then during the bye week major changes were made and a FB appeared. Then the offense started to take off.

So are you saying pre-bye wasn't Meyers scheme?

Is recruiting over? Did I miss it?

The offense didn't take off until the Championship game, which didn't look much like Meyer's offense. "Meyer's" offense here didn't take off until Tebow was at the reigns, and then it was a lot of Harvin.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zipperer & Summerall are visiting Miami this weekend.

Trey Sanders is at LSU for the Alabama game. Nate Pickering will be there too.

Kamaar Bell is visiting Kentucky.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The offense didn't take off until the Championship game, which didn't look much like Meyer's offense. "Meyer's" offense here didn't take off until Tebow was at the reigns, and then it was a lot of Harvin.

Yeah, the first game after the bye week (UGA) we put up a whopping 14 points.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
NewZipperer & Summerall are visiting Miami this weekend.

Trey Sanders is at LSU for the Alabama game. Nate Pickering will be there too.

Kamaar Bell is visiting Kentucky.

Getting close to crunch time. Any bold predictions??

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Getting close to crunch time. Any bold predictions??

I think we get the one's we've been favored for:

Summerall, Zipperer, Wright, Elam, Bell. Then there's a few we have better than a 50% shot with: Hammond, Steele, Hunter. Then there's going to be a few surprises, last minute commits. I think we get 9 to 10 more.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think we get the one's we've been favored for:

Summerall, Zipperer, Wright, Elam, Bell. Then there's a few we have better than a 50% shot with: Hammond, Steele, Hunter. Then there's going to be a few surprises, last minute commits. I think we get 9 to 10 more.

And probably some surprise switch away from UF too.

I agree that UF likely gets Summerall, Zipperer and Wright to get to 18. I think UF has a good shot at Elam. I also UF gets Steele IF UF decides his SoCal recruitment did not make him too dirty. They would get UF to 20.

I wonder if UF has room for Bell. I am guessing UF takes only one of Pittman, Hammond and Bell to get to 21. I also wonder if UF takes one more WR either Higgins or maybe TJ Jones to get to 22. Then UF gets either maybe Sorrell or one of the 7,000 SDE committed to UAL or FSU to get to 23. That leaves slots for Sanders if he wants to come and UF turning another QB to get to 25.

Then there is still that possibility that someone currently committed bails and UF can count some guys back and sign more than 25.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have room for far more than 25 as some will be EEs and can count back. Any of the EEs can count back if we didnt have a full class and weve never had a full class since like 2010.

I have long since given up on the math but lets say that in for instance 2 years ago we signed 22, but five were EEs who counted back, them we effectively only signed 17 three years ago. Then two years ago we signed only 19 and seven were EEs. Up to eight (or is it 10? I forget) could count back to the prior year so all seven count back giving us only 12 for the second year. The last year we sign 17 and five EE, all of whom count back again.

One caveat to this is the separate "initial counter" rule and that includes tranfers in the limit. There is a countback rule for initial counters too. We have had a few of course, but not enough to fill 25 minus the countbacks.

There is of course the 85 overall limit but weve rarely made it past 75 not counting the yearly schollies given to walkons. Between kids we expect to declare early and those who will likely move on this year, I think we will continue to remain well below 85, as had become the norm for UF.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We have room for far more than 25 as some will be EEs and can count back. Any of the EEs can count back if we didnt have a full class and weve never had a full class since like 2010.

I have long since given up on the math but lets say that in for instance 2 years ago we signed 22, but five were EEs who counted back, them we effectively only signed 17 three years ago. Then two years ago we signed only 19 and seven were EEs. Up to eight (or is it 10? I forget) could count back to the prior year so all seven count back giving us only 12 for the second year. The last year we sign 17 and five EE, all of whom count back again.

One caveat to this is the separate "initial counter" rule and that includes tranfers in the limit. There is a countback rule for initial counters too. We have had a few of course, but not enough to fill 25 minus the countbacks.

There is of course the 85 overall limit but weve rarely made it past 75 not counting the yearly schollies given to walkons. Between kids we expect to declare early and those who will likely move on this year, I think we will continue to remain well below 85, as had become the norm for UF.

Me too on the arithmetic. Put a team on the field that I can have hope can compete again and I will start following recruiting arithmetic much closer.

Basically you can count back the smaller of 85 less the number of scholarship players you had in August and 25 less the number of initial scholarship players you counted in August. You can then sign 25 + the number you can count back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.