Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

alcoholica

I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
We won't get to bama because top 10 won't be enough to compete with UGA either.

After the game this year, I'm not sure. Top 10 and good QB play may get us past UGA. They are young and may really take a huge step next year, but their coaching is very suspect.

I get your point though. Top 10 shouldn't be enough be beat UGA with how they had been recruiting. I do wonder if that streak is over considering their many defections this year.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Could the linebacker play maybe have to do with the
We won't get to bama because top 10 won't be enough to compete with UGA either.
top ten has consistently been good enough for Clemson.

2018: 7th
2017: 16th
2016: 11th
2015: 9th
2014: 16th
2013: 15th
2012: 20th

Those are all of their classes that would have any major impact on their national title and playoff appearances. Average of 13th in the country.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
We shoulda kept Butters then.

Who knew robbing FIU was the real path to championships?

If only we could get in on that "one game season" thing. Of course there is the potential pitfall of losing to the Syracuses of the world.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
We shoulda kept Butters then.

Who knew robbing FIU was the real path to championships?

If only we could get in on that "one game season" thing. Of course there is the potential pitfall of losing to the Syracuses of the world.
Nobody is saying that. Stop being drunk at 8 in the morning.

we need to fill our class out with talented players at crucial positions. I’m not super worried about where the class is as long as we get our needs and they aren’t huge talent stretches

I’ve said it all along there’s quite a bit of flips that will happen/could potentially happen that aren’t being talked about.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Look, no matter what, Mullen needs to close on recruiting this year.

It would take a significantly above average / elite QB to carry a team talent ranked 11-20 into Championship discussion. We don't seem to be getting that type of QB yet, while EJ showed some promise, and JJ maybe decent, neither are proven commodity as of now. So unless we get a Tua or a Tebow, we need to be aiming to be in the top 10 at least in terms of talent, and continue to bump up to top 5.

That starts by taking Florida back. Winning against FSU may help some, but we really need better recruiters too...

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Look, no matter what, Mullen needs to close on recruiting this year
Yes.

The blame for his 31-39 record at cowbell was lack of talent. He is still recruiting like he is at Cowbell. What now?

Well, he needs to win. Then he can recruit. So we are winning, mostly, big improvement. And yet, nothing on the recruiting front.

Now Bowl's yearly "secret commit" recruits are our last hope, as usual. Ok. I will believe when I see it. Maybe we can finish second like always.

At least we have been able to steal a few Cowbell recruits.

gatorkev85

Could the linebacker play maybe have to do with the

top ten has consistently been good enough for Clemson.

2018: 7th
2017: 16th
2016: 11th
2015: 9th
2014: 16th
2013: 15th
2012: 20th

Those are all of their classes that would have any major impact on their national title and playoff appearances. Average of 13th in the country.
Yes you are correct with that statement but there is a major difference between their 13th ranked classes and ours. They have brought in 15 5* players over the last 4 classes. We have just 3 over the same span. Over the last 4 classes I'd be shocked if we had 15 total top 100 players little long 15 5* which is usually a top 30 player. Our recruiting has been down right pathetic since Muschamp left. I dont see it changing either unless Mullen makes changes to the staff and he brings in at least 2 elite recruiters.

Alright so I did the research weve signed 9 players that ranked inside the top 100 over the last 4 classes based on rivals. UGA has signed 31 of those players. Clemson has 24 so you can see why it works for them and not us. Were not pulling any elite talent like them. Were getting some solid players and a lot of good players. They are pulling a hand full of elite players every cycle to go with a hand full of really good players and a sprinkle of good players. Their top heavy were bottom heavy

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
:doh:

Id ask you to repeat that in Engrish, but I dont really care.

My boy Slev and I are rapping here. We dont need any help from the peanut gallery.

And of course a complaint about a missing word from the king of posting garbled mess from his phone. I went back in and added the missing word to further underline your confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator