Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
English and Scott are the two I could see being "pushed". Johnson could end up getting an OC job somewhere, unless we give him a fat raise. I'd keep Robinson, due to his youth he's probably a good recruiter (see our LB commits). But if anything, English needs to go. His position group is a failure and so is his recruiting for that position.

2018 Football Roster - Florida Gators

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
English and Scott are the two I could see being "pushed". Johnson could end up getting an OC job somewhere, unless we give him a fat raise. I'd keep Robinson, due to his youth he's probably a good recruiter (see our LB commits). But if anything, English needs to go. His position group is a failure and so is his recruiting for that position.

2018 Football Roster - Florida Gators
You ain't lying. He's nord bad

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
A&M has the #2 class right now....Texas is 7th & Oklahoma is 8th (and Oklahoma is 9-1, not really a "bad season"). Fisher is the best recruiter in college football not named Saban or Meyer (and after another season or two, maybe Smart). Fisher specifically said on signing day something like, "I promise you we will have a top 5 class next year". Looks like he's going to be right on that. I'm not ready to say Mullen will never get there but he does need to scrub some of his staff and bring is known recruiters. We'll see what happens...
Stop praising Fisher. You'll get labeled a nole pointing out the facts

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It takes three years for a class to produce on the field and we need three elite classes to compete again.

It is already abundantly clear this staff is below average at best in recruiting. If we dont fix this NOW we will be stuck in the four to five loss zone and will be hiring a new coach in year four.

There is no scenario in which these Butterslike recruiters can win. None.

Did you see Daryl’s post directly above yours? LB recruiting is picking up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see Daryl’s post directly above yours? LB recruiting is picking up.
Whats your point? You realize coaches are assigned geographic regions, right? Not position groups.

No GA is good enough for UF and this asshat proved it this year.

About four of these guys at least, need to be encouraged to find new employment, soon.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
even if mullen jettisons a couple of dudes, it isnt a given he will backfill them with top shelf talent pullers. Hell, the only thing we know about him since hes been in orange and blue is that he started the job by jettisoning the only top shelf crooter we had!!!

Now you think he'll get rid of more to pull in what he started off letting walk?
Get ready for disappointment if you think we are going to be upgrading the recruiting capabilities. In his 10+ years of HC time he's never shown that to be something of importance. We hired a moderate talent developer whos a mediocre playcaller and a poor recruiter.

It is what it is.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Whats your point? You realize coaches are assigned geographic regions, right? Not position groups.

No GA is good enough for UF and this asshat proved it this year.

About four of these guys at least, need to be encouraged to find new employment, soon.

And you think recruits don’t heavily consider who their position coach will be?

I’m not crowning Robinson a great coach, but I don’t see a significant difference in performance between him and his predecessor except that the talent he’s chasing seems to be improved. I recall “randy specials” being a common reference for the 3* LBs we got and you in particular being part of that mantra.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's the point, CG. linebacker and defensive backs show no improvement from the terrible Butters staff. Every other position including offensive line (which had similar Sunbelt talent issues/butter specials) have shown significant improvement.

I would say the safety play is probably even worse. Trey Dean and McWilliams still like look like they're learning on their own, like a freshman out there freelancing. and linebackers look like they're playing sandlot ball.

LT Raz obviously we're not keeping three coaches and firing the rest, but two or even three elite recruiters would make a real difference on this staff. There are not many Jujuan Seiders out there but we have to find a couple and fast to offset this terrible staff. Obviously just adding one elite recruiter completely changed Butters hapless recruiting somewhat (went to top 10). It can do the same again.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yeah, that's the point. linebacker and defensive backs show no improvement from the terrible butters coached.

every other position including offensive line which had similar talent issues and butter specials have shown significant improvement.

I would say the safety play is probably even worse. Trey Dean and McWilliams still like look like they're learning on their own still looks like a freshman out they're freelancing. and linebackers look like they're playing sandlot ball.

With 3* talent. 4* talent is coming, so maybe we see improvement(?).

Edit: To expand on my previous comment...

Randy Shannon has decades of LB and DC coaching experience, but we didn’t see a drop off in LB play with a rookie LB coach? Logic says we should. We have what YOU like to call FIU and LA Tech talent at LB (RS recruits) and you think it’s the rookie coach’s fault they aren’t playing at a higher level? Do you understand what “reasonable expectations” are?

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We’ll be lucky if the Safeties coach is kicked. Doubt any others will even be considered

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This is simple. CDM will never be a great recruiter nor will he hire a staff to recruit. Maybe he gets persuaded to hire one recruiter. Maybe. The only hope for him and us is that he wins consistently and slowly good players sign up for good coaching and a winning program. That is the only hope, but a good QB could make that a possibility.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I did not want Mullen like I have said numerous times. After seeing him in action and seeing the improvement almost immediately I began to warm to him being here. Now, I like his energy and how he seems to hold his players and staff accountable. He knows what he wants and he understands the pressure here. I don't know if he wins championships here or not but I think he believes he will and hopefully he can convince players that he will. Yes, we need a better staff and if this round of recruiting does not go as planned he will be forced to look at his staff closer and he may just have to make some hard decisions. No decisions, no championships.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get it ? Recruiting methods should be 'learnable'? A coach that's good at coaching his position should be determined to gather the guys he wants playing for him. It's not like that coach doesn't recognize how who he gets to work with effects his playing results.??

So, sure replace a coach with a coach that gets more out of the players they coach, one that gets 4* results from 3* recruits. But bring in "consultants" (retired coaches that were top recruiters.) to present "lab-manuals" on recruiting, to give lectures, and to shame coaches & HCs for neglecting recruiting. Recruiting excellence must be a mainstay of our organization.

PS>> I think our biggest recruiting boost is Mullen's honesty with people, the kids & parents. That reputation will take a couple of years to grow, but it will attach to the UF program & Mullen. By my observings, it's gonna happen at warp speed. Only with natural operational flow (time) will the truth that the UF program develops FB players better than most schools. HC Mullen is great on TV center-stage: that will greatly help. Players not getting into trouble with police is going on unnoticed - unnotice is good.

Now clobber FSU, to speed our progress.
As for those impatient with the "takes time" reality, we're way ahead of typical schedule

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Point me to a single top recruiter who's "honest". Just one....

You want top talent, you sell. You want 3*s, you tell the truth. It's that simple, like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator