Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@InsideTheGators: Grad-transfer defensive tackle Adam Shuler, who just visited Florida

Thanks for the update. This would be a nice addition. I'm not sure how much we need DT's, but as the saying goes, 'you can't ever have too many DTs!'

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Latest updates on the Gators class

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-2019-class-updates-1

Florida recruiting had a successful spring under first-year coach Dan Mullen and his staff.

The Gators hosted dozens of top targets on campus, including a loaded visitors list for the spring game last Saturday. Mullen’s assistant coaches will have momentum on their side when they hit the road next week for the spring evaluation period.

Where Florida’s class ranks
Florida’s 2019 class is ranked No. 20 nationally and No. 8 in the SEC, according to the 247Sports composite. One of the Gators’ seven commits is rated a 4-star recruit.

Latest news
Florida had a huge recruiting weekend for the spring game and there was a lot of encouraging news coming out of those visits.

The Gators made a move for 5-star cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. (Baton Rouge, La.), 4-star cornerback Chester Kimbrough(New Orleans), 4-star defensive back Tyrique Stevenson (Miami) and 4-star athlete Mark-Antony Richards (West Palm Beach, Fla.). Stingley, Stevenson and Richards are all top-100 overall recruits.

Here’s the latest Florida recruiting news

Commits (7)
Top 5 targets
5-star RB Trey Sanders, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)

4-star WR Mycah Pittman, Calabasas (Calabasas, Calif.)

4-star G Evan Neal, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)

4-star CB Kaiir Elam, The Benjamin School (North Palm Beach, Fla.)

4-star DE Nathan Pickering, Seminary (Seminary, Miss.)

Position breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commits by position and how many are projected to be signed at the position:

• QB: 1/1 (Jalon Jones)
  • RB: 0/1
  • WR: 2/3 (Dionte Marks, Ja’markis Weston)
  • TE: 0/2
  • OL: 2/5 (Ethan White, Wardrick Wilson)
  • DL: 0/4
  • LB: 1/3 (Jammal Abrams)
  • DB: 1/6 (Trent Whittemore)
Geographical breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of Florida’s commits by state:

• Alabama: 1 (Abrams)
  • Florida: 5 (Marks, Weston, White, Wilson, Whittemore)
  • Maryland: 1 (Jones)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has his work cut out for him. We’re now viewed as a fixer-upper.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We are in trouble. Zero blue chips. We are allowing every top target to go the distance. Derik hunter was at Georgia and now wants a recruiting edit for his commitment this week. We let Gant leave gville, go to tally and now he decommits whike hes there from Bama. If hunter commits to UGA itll be very telling how its all going to end up.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
We are in trouble. Zero blue chips. We are allowing every top target to go the distance. Derik hunter was at Georgia and now wants a recruiting edit for his commitment this week. We let Gant leave gville, go to tally and now he decommits whike hes there from Bama. If hunter commits to UGA itll be very telling how its all going to end up.

Looks like all the recruits have been reading Gatorchatter. :stirpot::flush:

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I don't want to panic yet, but the lack of commitments after the O&B game coupled with commitments at other schools' spring games along too many 2019 3 stars commits we've already taken has definitely taken some of the bloom off the rose. Close enough ain't good enough. If all these blue chip players we're recruiting are playing "wait and see" we're screwed. Because we are not going to be a great team this year and what they're hoping to see probably won't be the reality.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's way too easy to negative recruit against us right now. Nothing's gonna change until we look decent in the field and that's not gonna be next year considering what we have at qb. I'll be honest and I'm not calling for the coaches head before his first game. But i really don't see Mullen making it here. I just don't think he's gonna have the recruiting chops or have the "it" factor it takes for a coach to do more with less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator