Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has his work cut out for him. We’re now viewed as a fixer-upper.
Mullen was never a great recruiter and luckily he fired our best recruiter (and our only elite position coach) to replace him with his buddy who is also a below average recruiter and a mediocre position coach.

Recruiting sure has gone to shyt since we sent JuJuan Seider packing after the early signing period. That may be the critical decision that eventually ends Mullinz coaching career.

We desperately need a huge class this year. Even if he can get it on track in 2020, it means relying on Butter trash and transitional classes til 2022. Wait til 2022 is going to be a hard sell. Im not sure he and Strickland last that long.

The sad thing is it should have been a fvkking easy decision.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It's way too easy to negative recruit against us right now. Nothing's gonna change until we look decent in the field and that's not gonna be next year considering what we have at qb. I'll be honest and I'm not calling for the coaches head before his first game. But i really don't see Mullen making it here. I just don't think he's gonna have the recruiting chops or have the "it" factor it takes for a coach to do more with less.
Gotta agree with most of it. But if were all 100% honest did anyone really think Mullen was the answer to take us all the way. He was the panic move after Chip and Frost fell through. I don't think we ever win the east under Mullen as our coach. Smart will continue to out recruit Mullen and will most definitely out coach him on the field. The talent gap is already gaping and is only getting worse because of Mac.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was the panic move after Chip and Frost fell through. .
.Yeah, he was. Three to four more years and hope for a champion coach next time. It seems to be our new MO.

But sure beats that Urkel fvkker w a losing record your team hired at clown town. He probably lasts 2.5 years at most.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Keon Zipperer now getting two CBs to Miami. Weve allowed every recruit that was hot on us to cool down and favor other schools. Every... single..... recruit. Im saying, if Hunter chooses georgia on Wednesday it will be the tell all sign how this is all going to end. Im no dumper either and most of you know that

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Keon Zipperer now getting two CBs to Miami. Weve allowed every recruit that was hot on us to cool down and favor other schools. Every... single..... recruit. Im saying, if Hunter chooses georgia on Wednesday it will be the tell all sign how this is all going to end. Im no dumper either and most of you know that

Hunter, Zipperer, and Elam were our highest "probable" top 50 Florida kids. In fact, they were all leaning our way. If we miss on 2 of 3 here that's not a good look. This staff needs to step up asap! The June camps can't get here soon enough. I was hoping for at least 2-4 more commits before the June camps (to put us around 10 commits). That can still happen, but it's not looking good for 10 (before June). A lot of these CBs are recent visits, so I'm not too upset (yet).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Look on the bright side guys. We could be UCLA. What a dumpster fire their recruiting is for 2019. Kelly does know he needs actual players to field a team?

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Season/2019-Football/Commits

I'm not worried about P12 teams. I'm worried about SEC teams and state of Florida teams....and other teams poaching Florida kids, like Ohio State, Clemson, Auburn, and others. I could care less what UCLA is doing.

We have 7 3-star commits. That needs to change asap. Jalon Jones says he wants to recruit for Florida....then a few days later his own teammate commits to Alabama. Hell, if Alabama didn't have two QBs committed already I'd be worried we'd lose him!

There's only so much sugar coating we can do. Again, I'm not going to panic (yet), but unless we see some legit top 100, 200 kids commit to UF we're in trouble. We're being out recruited by every rival we compete against except Tennessee....and Pruitt is known as a great recruiter who spent time at FSU, Alabama, and UGA. He brought in a good staff that can recruit. It's time for Mullen to earn that $6 million contract in this aspect of his job (and it's not for trying, he's making a hell of an effort, I'll give him that).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not worried about P12 teams. I'm worried about SEC teams and state of Florida teams....and other teams poaching Florida kids, like Ohio State, Clemson, Auburn, and others. I could care less what UCLA is doing.

We have 7 3-star commits. That needs to change asap. Jalon Jones says he wants to recruit for Florida....then a few days later his own teammate commits to Alabama. Hell, if Alabama didn't have two QBs committed already I'd be worried we'd lose him!

I'm just joking around. I'm not in panic mode at all. This is what I expected from Mullen and worse from the other HC candidates we were looking at. I never thought Mullen would be the guy to get us back to title contention. I think he's the guy to get the UF brand being talked about again so the next HC has something to build on.

As far as the positive? I love, love what I've seen from EJ. I truly think his play will be able to transcend the talent gap we'll be facing. To a point anyway.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta agree with most of it. But if were all 100% honest did anyone really think Mullen was the answer to take us all the way. He was the panic move after Chip and Frost fell through. I don't think we ever win the east under Mullen as our coach. Smart will continue to out recruit Mullen and will most definitely out coach him on the field. The talent gap is already gaping and is only getting worse because of Mac.

Yeah I’m not sure about Mullen. I was not thrilled when he was hired.

That being said – he is a significant upgrade over Chump and Mac.

I hate to say this – but we will have to wait about two years to see whether this was a good hire.

A completely lost decade.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
New ESPN 300 out today.

4*s - Jalon Jones, Ethan White, Dionte Marks, Ja'Markis Weston, Trent Whittemoore.

3* - Jammal Abrams

NR - Wadrick Wilson

ESPN 300 - Jalon Jones and Ethan White

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just joking around. I'm not in panic mode at all. This is what I expected from Mullen and worse from the other HC candidates we were looking at. I never thought Mullen would be the guy to get us back to title contention. I think he's the guy to get the UF brand being talked about again so the next HC has something to build on.

As far as the positive? I love, love what I've seen from EJ. I truly think his play will be able to transcend the talent gap we'll be facing. To a point anyway.
Its April, most of these kids dont stick and want the limelight again once its faded and for Mullen, he hasn't coached one game yet......lets pump the breaks!

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
New ESPN 300 out today.

4*s - Jalon Jones, Ethan White, Dionte Marks, Ja'Markis Weston, Trent Whittemoore.

3* - Jammal Abrams

NR - Wadrick Wilson

This kid bleeds Orange and Blue! Funny a handful of people around here were bashing him saying he was pushing the Gators hard to avoid getting processed out

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Gant and Dunmore are trending to fsu..
:banghead:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This FSU push is killing me. Mullen and crew need to get this schit rolling. Give us something to show us we are moving in the right direction.

Granted win on the field. Recruiting is not real football
True but it's easier to recruit top players when they know you're already getting top players. It's called pre selection.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
New ESPN 300 out today.

3* - Jammal Abrams

NR - Wadrick Wilson

ESPN's ratings are a joke. Whittemore, as much as I like the kid, is the #69th ranked Athlete on Rivals. The 69th ranked player doesn't get 4-stars in ANY of the recruiting services.

As I said earlier, we have 7 3-star players.

I do think Jones gets a bump. The others? Maybe one or two.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Recruiting is disappointing at the present time, I think I’ve just accepted the fact that Mullen is not going to be a dynamite recruiter, which many predicted. Many on here are right whenever they say our brand is just tarnished right now, not to say that other coaches couldn’t be having more recruiting success for us at this current time. I just think Mullen will get his recruiting bump when we show on field improvement under him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN's ratings are a joke. Whittemore, as much as I like the kid, is the #69th ranked Athlete on Rivals. The 69th ranked player doesn't get 4-stars in ANY of the recruiting services.

As I said earlier, we have 7 3-star players.

I do think Jones gets a bump. The others? Maybe one or two.

Jones should get that 4th star. Probably one more of the other kids. But, it's still early, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator