Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
For those that don't know, Jaydon Hill tore his ACL and recently had surgery. This brings us to Elam....we really need to land him as he's the only CB on our board who will be college ready next fall. Elam has been wavering between UF and UGA. He's a must get, imo. Our CB board next year is actually scary w/ Henderson & Dean as the current starters - Wilson will be coming off an injury....and Edwards as the only experienced backup. True freshman Hill will be coming off an ACL, Kimbrough is small and seems like he'll need a year (redshirt) or will play nickel, and then....Elam, if we get him.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
For those that don't know, Jaydon Hill tore his ACL and recently had surgery. This brings us to Elam....we really need to land him as he's the only CB on our board who will be college ready next fall. Elam has been wavering between UF and UGA. He's a must get, imo. Our CB board next year is actually scary w/ Henderson & Dean as the current starters - Wilson will be coming off an injury....and Edwards as the only experienced backup. True freshman Hill will be coming off an ACL, Kimbrough is small and seems like he'll need a year (redshirt) or will play nickel, and then....Elam, if we get him.

We have plenty of WRs./Law

Aug 1, 2018
That's a bummer. We whiffed on too many DBs last year. The incompetence of last year's staff was always evident, but now that Tyreke Johnson and Bookie (some blame to Mullen too) have big roles as freshman, its even more frustrating. Elam this year and Fred Davis next year are huge for us. Davis should be a UF lock with him in Jax and 2 potential 1st round talents leaving at the CB position.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's a bummer. We whiffed on too many DBs last year. The incompetence of last year's staff was always evident, but now that Tyreke Johnson and Bookie (some blame to Mullen too) have big roles as freshman, its even more frustrating. Elam this year and Fred Davis next year are huge for us. Davis should be a UF lock with him in Jax and 2 potential 1st round talents leaving at the CB position.

Yes, the 2020 class is looking better and better (or at least the prospects). We still have a shot at a grad transfer (or transfer from this year who only plays 4 games). But getting Elam will help stabilize the position for 3+ years, especially if Kimbrough and Hill pan out. I think Kimbrough could play next year, but he needs to add some weight since he's only 5'10 or 5'11. Edwards is serviceable, but we don't want him starting (at least not yet).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Does anybody realize that both Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts are available for transfer, both playoff level QBs?

I think Mullen is content w/ what he has (I know, I know) - evidenced by not pursing Burrow (or any other grad transfer). Hurts has been mentioned w/ Mullen's name several times, but I just don't see it. He has next to no chance of playing QB in the NFL, so I'm curious if he wants to change positions. Bryant would be a better fit, imo. But again, I don't think Mullen goes that route. Next year we have both Jones kids on the roster, along w/ Franks and Trask. So we'll be in a little better shape.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
:facepalm:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rog, UF moved heaven and earth for Spiller. He spent the night before he signed with Tebow. Still went to Clemson.

Thanks for the fill-in info. I wasn't aware of details. My post wasn't about just UF but how did all Florida schools fail to attract him.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does anybody realize that both Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts are available for transfer, both playoff level QBs?

Hurts is a playoff level QB at Bama...maybe if at uga or Clemson but that’s about it. Hard pass on bringing him in

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Definitely would start at Arkansas & be the leader in offensive stats. :cool:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Isn't Black going to start out at safety when he arrives?

That helps shore up defensive backfield numbers with some talent right there.

Still need to do better and for sure don't lose a legacy player like Elam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator