Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know I'd love some big butt DT, but the analysts seem to think we don't have a chance.

You don’t bring 13 family members with you on an official visit if the team doesn’t have a chance. If the team doesn’t have a chance you bring your brother

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You don’t bring 13 family members with you on an official visit if the team doesn’t have a chance. If the team doesn’t have a chance you bring your brother
Look, I hope you're right. To me, I'd want him FIRST. Not Sanders, not CBs, but him. Probably two elite safeties next, even before Sanders and Steele.

We will see. All I know is what I read from people who get paid to find out this info. Maybe they are full of shyt. Bowl and the Drunk Twins always were.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I assume you are referring to my user name. "QuasiNeo" - I like it. But I guess it is/was a computer nerd/former hacker thing. The NotQuite part refers to the whole dying thing. Spelled Qyte because of the AOL 10-digit limitation(yes, I'm that old)
You were Quasimodo before, right?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I hope you're right. To me, I'd want him FIRST. Not Sanders, not CBs, but him. Probably two elite safeties next, even before Sanders and Steele.

We will see. All I know is what I read from people who get paid to find out this info. Maybe they are full of shyt. Bowl and the Drunk Twins always were.

I didn’t say we’re getting him...I have no idea but I think there’s a chance and it was a serious visit. Likelihood of a guy making just one visit and signing isn’t high.

While sanders isn’t a need per se because of his position but...he’s a big time need in perception. Get him and we beat the two best recruiters with 2 of the best teams for an elite prospect. Other kids will take notice. Perception is reality sometimes. We need the Sanders win more but DT is a much bigger need on the field

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For several years, UF has put a "bad taste" into the minds of recruits all across the landscape. Mullen's one season turnaround isn't fully effective at changing that mindset. But if we win 9+ in 2019 and FSU Taggletanks, and Miami blahs. Then recruits should be exchanging their mindset on who they're writing off vs who they're writing in.

One season just isn't enough to become a mainstay in recruit's minds, just yet, right now. So Mullen's recruiting isn't automatic yet. Kirby's skyrocket success probly has much to do with his having the guts to use some of Saban's shady techniques.?? IDK.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t say we’re getting him...I have no idea but I think there’s a chance and it was a serious visit. Likelihood of a guy making just one visit and signing isn’t high.

While sanders isn’t a need per se because of his position but...he’s a big time need in perception. Get him and we beat the two best recruiters with 2 of the best teams for an elite prospect. Other kids will take notice. Perception is reality sometimes. We need the Sanders win more but DT is a much bigger need on the field
How many trips did he make to LSU?

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018
For several years, UF has put a "bad taste" into the minds of recruits all across the landscape. Mullen's one season turnaround isn't fully effective at changing that mindset. But if we win 9+ in 2019 and FSU Taggletanks, and Miami blahs. Then recruits should be exchanging their mindset on who they're writing off vs who they're writing in.

One season just isn't enough to become a mainstay in recruit's minds, just yet, right now. So Mullen's recruiting isn't automatic yet. Kirby's skyrocket success probly has much to do with his having the guts to use some of Saban's shady techniques.?? IDK.

That seems to be right. But yet, so many other programs have quick recruiting improvement, even before they start improving on the field. But okay, I'm not going to freak out yet, especially since the 2020 class - at least, so far - is looking real good.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Tyrique just eliminated the Gators, deciding between leg jumpers and the fighting Uncle Luke’s on Wednesday

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"Outright false." Have to call BS on this. This was to be MSU's year. Watch them plummet next year. 8-4 losing to the underdog Gators is not what their fans wanted. Oh, btw, their fans were bragging the new coach ran the same offense. CDM had to make a major change in the offense here.
I used the phrase "thus far" because he has done well there thus far. He may not do well there in the long run, but so far their new coach has done well.

But my question is why does it matter? How Miss St does this year or in the future has no impact on how good a job Mullen does here.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I'm not real concerned about CB. Frankly, we can miss at that position. We desperately need safeties and at least one more true DT.
You say a lot of crazy shiit. But safety may be our biggest need. And I was just telling someone that I wish we could find a Ray McDonald-type player in this class. He could play inside or out, butwas excellent at attacking double teams and freeing up the edge guys. We'd probably dominate again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.