Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Why can we never get any talent out of IMG Academy in Bradenton? They had three 5* guys! 2 went to Bama and 1 to uga. Last year they had 3 of the top 40 recruits and wen to OK, OSU & Clemson. I can see losing guys to Miami or f$u and the occasional loss out of state, but why can't we keep the majority of these kids in state?

Because f$u pumpers at IMG steer the kids away from UF. Also, some of those kids are from outside the state.

As I understand it, IMG is a sports prep school that draw skids from all over the country. They're a national football talent mill, so many of the kids aren't "local" in the way Lakeland kids are.

Or, IMG has better football facilities than UF? These kids go to IMG to get a jump on what college training entails while still in HS. What makes you think those athletes that gravitated towards the most elite performance training high school in the country are going to agree to train and live in lesser conditions at the college level?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or, IMG has better football facilities than UF? These kids go to IMG to get a jump on what college training entails while still in HS. What makes you think those athletes that gravitated towards the most elite performance training high school in the country are going to agree to train and live in lesser conditions at the college level?
I think so many people are just totally out of touch with how far behind we are on facilities.

But, hey, we put 40-50 million in "our" pocket every year and have no debt. Aint it kewl?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
That could very well be part of the problem re: facilities. UF’s politically correct approach to sports funding and development has us looking like a backwater to some of these kids.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So what’s the odds UGAy passes Bama for #1 class in February? Seems they still could take 4-5 more kids, Bama’s class has got to be full.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I don’t know if they hav better facilities, but if so , that’s an “And,” not “Or.” chris weenie is a big reason for the anti-Gator bias.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think so many people are just totally out of touch with how far behind we are on facilities.

But, hey, we put 40-50 million in "our" pocket every year and have no debt. Aint it kewl?

I desperately want to see the AD upgrade the football complex and dorms immediately because we absolutely need it yesterday.

However, I thought you called the facilities “an excuse” - you’re either an elite recruiter or you’re not. Sounds like you’re playing both sides of the fence again. And no, I’m not saying DM will magically become a great recruiter with new facilities, but it will certainly help.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
If you don't think there's a glaring hole developing on the dline then you might need to be checked. This was shcitty recruiting effort. All this relentless effort hasn't shown up on the trail. Mullen's back on my shcit list. Lazy POS

I'm not sure I'd call him lazy. Looks to me like he tries but something does not click with him on the trail. Too honest? Blunt? Maybe a dick behind the scenes? I dont know. But he sure needs someone to recruit for him if he can't.

NASHVEGAS G8OR

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
So what’s the odds UGAy passes Bama for #1 class in February? Seems they still could take 4-5 more kids, Bama’s class has got to be full.
Bama's class is unreal......only 3 star is a kicker per 24/7......Dawgs currently have 5 - 5 star commits or signees (( btw, almost enough 5 stars over the last 3 years to field a team with a little position juggling, lol ))......the above said I can not perceive Bama falling in the rankings hereafter for 2019.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who are the DL transfers we could have a shot with?

We have a shot w/ the Louisville kid, a SDE. But that's not the problem - next year. The problem is 2 years, 3 years, 4 years from now.... We signed one SDE last year and one this year. We need about 5 more. A whole lot of whistling past the graveyard going on in this thread...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I desperately want to see the AD upgrade the football complex and dorms immediately because we absolutely need it yesterday.

However, I thought you called the facilities “an excuse” - you’re either an elite recruiter or you’re not. Sounds like you’re playing both sides of the fence again. And no, I’m not saying DM will magically become a great recruiter with new facilities, but it will certainly help.
I dont live in a binary world like so many others.

Shytty facilities and shytty shytty recruiters can coexist.

I also believe that you are what your resume says you are. These coaches have resumes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I feel like we just did this.

Safety- total whiff. Did you watch our safety play this year. I hope you enjoyed it because they have no competition and you'll be seeing them for two more years likely.

DT/SDE- we landed one DT. Enjoy watching teams run at will on us? and us having no ends to set the edge? Get used to it.

SDEs- zero. Enjoy watching us having no ends to set the edge and getting destroyed on most tosses or off tackles? Get used to it. Our two WDE/OLB hybrids are tiny, 210ish. We won't be able to run stop until they put on 50-70 pounds.

WR- just bodies. I doubt either plays.

OL- I love. I love getting some talent and a bit of depth too. Great size, most move well enough. Great class.

LB- solid, but they need weightroom time badly.

CB- just bodies

Please don't act like we didn't whiff. We were trying to land bluechippers at all these positions and struck out. It isn't by design.

That's a pretty solid assessment. Honestly, had we landed one more DT/SDE and one of the two stud CB's I think this would have been a pretty good day....allowing the staff to focus on adding a Safety and another SDE/DT in Feb. But, now we're going to be shooting for the same limited number of available kids that the other schools are going to be going after. I don't think we ever had a realistic chance to get inside the top 12 in the rankings due to the poor start to this class. So had we added Dorlus (or a similarly lowly ranked SDE) and one of the two high ranked CB's we probably would have a solid chance to finish around #11 to #13 - which is still unacceptable.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016

You’d probably be the first one in line with pitch forks if we were running in the red. Hey we’d have kick ass facilities and be mortgaged to the hilt

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I’m more concerned with DT to be exact. Have to wonder if there are any JUCO DT out there or as much as I hate it, plan B and C guys. If not can one of the current Oline players line up at DT

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

Good for him. Think he is a decent talent, and was completely wasted this year.

Good god, Chris Hays needs to be shot for that tweet. If you click on the article it says Francois will test nfl waters or return to the Noles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.