Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah.... what WR wouldnt want to come to UF and get 500 yards receiving and barely get to play until their final year when the could have gone to Bammer, LSU or Clemson and gotten 1200-1800 yards a year.

And what RB doesnt want to sit and watch the QB take at least half of the carries and most of the scores?

What QB doesnt want to come here and be the primary back. And even if you are as immobile but as accurate passing as Trash, knowing Douchebag will call 30 option runs a game compared to 39 passes (on average).

You're right. I can't figure out why no elite kids wants to play in this offense.

Maybe its just me.

As GBM pointed out, kids aren't routinely getting those yards at every school but UF. But really that's irrelevant. The second point of my post was that we're not insisting that we land those kids. So they're going elsewhere, namely to rivals. How many 4-5* WRs have gone to uga in recent years? Their top producers were Pickens and Jackson, at 513 and 514 yards respectively. Lsu's stable of receivers from 2019 were already there before Brady changed their O. And between Swain, Jefferson, Toney and Pitts, we have a much more attractive overall resume than several other schools that are recruiting better. It's more a case of what J pointed out. We're just not a staff of recruiters, and definitely not closers.

Btw, in 2018, the RB combination of JS, Perine, Davis and Pierce rushed the ball 347 times to Franks and Jones 128(may also include sacks and scrambles which would skew things further). They also combined for 14 scores to Franks' 7.

To your last point, as a general rule of thumb, I always assume it's you.

Even if you're not a proponent of the scheme, there are plenty of kids that are smaller, faster players who could fit a Toney type role. As I said, it may not be perfect for the traditional NFL type WRs, but the idea that we've just rammed a QB head first every play until Trask emerged is wrong. I'm not suggesting that kids should be lining up to play here, and I recognize that we have negatives to contend with as far as the commitment from the top. But I'm surprised we aren't getting more traction than we are. You hate Mullen, and I can respect that. But as I said, offensive players are going to places like uga where outside of RB they've been a terrible offense to play in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As GBM pointed out, kids aren't routinely getting those yards at every school but UF.
Well they will NEVER get those yards under Douchebag, they wont be All American or even All SEC. (Yes, I know he had one in 15 years.)

How many 4-5* WRs have gone to uga in recent years?
And yet, they continue to land two or three a year. They will this year, too.

. Lsu's stable of receivers from 2019 were already there before Brady changed their O.
Yes, Less Miles gives Douchebag Dan a run for his money at getting the least out of elite talent. Actually so Less edges out Douchebag.

And between Swain, Jefferson, Toney and Pitts
Swain had how many yards and drafted which round? Cleveland? Jefferson? Grimes?

We're just not a staff of recruiters, and definitely not closers.
Of course. Douchebag was the weakest link (in every way) on CUM's Gator staff, and he took the other weak links with him.

Outside of our 2006 receuiting class, Douchebag didnt land any talent the last time either.

We SHOULD be landing two of the top 10 or at least top 20 receivers every year. That wont happen with us running the option, telling them that we will make them into blockers.

Btw, in 2018, the RB combination
Again, arguing that we have ok yardage if you add all three backs and all five receivers is EXACTLY why elite recievers wont come here and (1) be forced to sit on the sidelines for years and (2) get 400-500 yards when they do.

To your last point, as a general rule of thumb, I always assume it's you
You'd think that after crashing and burning on Butters youd be a little more hesitant to ride this one into another fireball crash, but, hey, you do you.

:mac:

Id warn you to sit this one out, but it is waaaay too late.

Now I have to log out and start my one month off.

Last edited:

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Well they will NEVER get those yards under Douchebag, they wont be All American or even All SEC. (Yes, I know he had one in 15 years.)

And yet, they continue to land two or three a year. They will this year, too.

Yes, Less Miles gives Douchebag Dan a run for his money at getting the least out of elite talent. Actually so Less edges out Douchebag.

Swain had how many yards and drafted which round? Cleveland? Jefferson? Grimes?

Of course. Douchebag was the weakest link (in every way) on CUM's Gator staff, and he took the other weak links with him.

Outside of our 2006 receuiting class, Douchebag didnt land any talent the last time either.

We SHOULD be landing two of the top 10 or at least top 20 receivers every year. That wont happen with us running the option, telling them that we will make them into blockers.

Again, arguing that we have ok yardage if you add all three backs and all five receivers is EXACTLY why elite recievers wont come here and (1) be forced to sit on the sidelines for years and (2) get 400-500 yards when they do.

You'd think that after crashing and burning on Butters youd be a little more hesitant to ride this one into another fireball crash, but, hey, you do you.

Now I have to log out and start my one month off.

Ready for my ban but resetting my password to be able to log in and do a drive by was worth it to respond to this retarded post.

Jeezus at least support your nonsense with some facts. You sound like a SJW

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ready for my ban but resetting my password to be able to log in and do a drive by was worth it to respond to this retarded post.

Jeezus at least support your nonsense with some facts. You sound like a SJW

Jeezus Christ you fuchsing, window licker. Did you actually READ it? You know what DOESNT matter? a stupid fuchsing percentage. You know what DOES matter? The amount of talent on the roster. We have about half the talent of Ohio State or Trailerbammer.

UF 29 (and most of those aren't Douchebag)
Bammer 61
OSU 59

See they DONT give out championship trophies based on a percentage draft choices. They DO give out trophies to the teams with the most talent, because the teams with twice the talent usually win on the field.

Ask 8-4 Douchebag Dan.

"We have the approx amount of talent as UCLa, Stanford and Ole Miss, and you have zero chance of winning a championship here. But, hey, there is a 69% you'll get drafted (mostly in the 4-7th rounds)." Good luck selling that.

Now leave me alone and let me sign out. Recruiting is never going to turn around until I do.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Facts are so overrated.
:lmao2: We have HALF THE TALENT (facts) but our percentage is better!!!!!

8-4 (Fact)

Barely in the top 25 in recruiting currently. (Fact)

(The following meme is also a fact.)

76060bf126b62c.jpg

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Dumpers are fully justified in dumping on CDM's recruiting. Said he couldn't recruit when he was hired. But do you guys ever listen to yourselves? To my ear you sound like whiny millennials. I guess I am the oldest guy on the board, but my generation admired Vince Lombardi -- stay gracious when you win and suck it up when you lose. With CDM we are definitely losing recruiting and we aren't winning much on the field, but whining doesn't really help.

And Lombardi wouldn't accept mediocrity and wouldn't expect his fan-base to either.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
You guys are doing it wrong. We are the top class of 2022 after you count for all the silent commits. Check out Rivals247silentcommits.com We gettin errrrrrbody.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
1) And yet, they(uga/lsu) continue to land two or three a year. They will this year, too.

2) Yes, Less Miles gives Douchebag Dan a run for his money at getting the least out of elite talent. Actually so Less edges out Douchebag.

3) Swain had how many yards and drafted which round? Cleveland? Jefferson? Grimes?

4) Outside of our 2006 receuiting class, Douchebag didnt land any talent the last time either.

5) We SHOULD be landing two of the top 10 or at least top 20 receivers every year. That wont happen with us running the option, telling them that we will make them into blockers.

6) Again, arguing that we have ok yardage if you add all three backs and all five receivers is EXACTLY why elite recievers wont come here and (1) be forced to sit on the sidelines for years and (2) get 400-500 yards when they do.

7) You'd think that after crashing and burning on Butters youd be a little more hesitant to ride this one into another fireball crash, but, hey, you do you.

Yeesh. How many Virginia Slims were sucked back in the making of this monstrosity?

1) That's my point. They're recruiting because they're recruiters, not because they've always had, or currently have, an offense that showcases talented WRs.

2) Completely irrelevant. Nothing to do with my statement. May as well be discussing salmon recipes.

3) Swain had some plays last year. But I wasn't centering the point around him. VJ, KT, Pitts, and FS have been drafted fairly high and/or made plays. At a minimum, I'd say every one of them had a more productive college career than the kids that have recently come out of uga or Lsu(minus 2019). Again, style and production aren't what's holding us back.

4) Yes. He's not a great recruiter. May have been mentioned somewhere.

5) Completely debunked by the aforementioned schools consistently landing them while not putting up any better numbers than UF. But I do agree we should be landing them.

6) You said the QB took at least half the carries and most of the scores. I realize I'm a math guy, but I thought stats showing otherwise was the best response. Not every argument has to be taken to the mat.

7) Good to see UNC's offense finally explode in the last two years. Pretty sad when your boy Fedora gets replaced with a 89 year old man and the offense takes off. So again, as far as HC picks, I'd repeat my suggestion that you sit this one out.

Also, did you really say "you do you"?

35b06e7f-ae52-4bea-9f79-100e507ff094_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members