Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wasnt last year "our year"?

And he didnt win a trophy but he did get that tiny bottle of Sutter Hill last year.

We won the East, you know the same Eastern Division Champion banner he had removed when he came, now it's good enough to display again. Odd how that happens.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
You're the type of "fan" that thinks UF is the only school that has a S&C program, UF is the only school that recruits, the only school that exists, basically....then you're shocked when we get blown out, get out-recruited, or out muscled by a better conditioned/coached football team.

I follow recruiting, and college football as a whole. I watch what our rivals do and what other successful programs do. While you're busy sucking Dan Mullen's c*ck, Mike Norvell is actually out there working hard, doing what he has to do with limited FSU resources, and kicking Dan's ass on the trail. You can whistle past the graveyard all you want. Say hello to Peter Pan when ya'll are hanging out in Fantasy Land. Meanwhile, most of us will live in the real world with all the other "weirdos". smh
You got me all figured out huh? How about I’m the type of guy that disagrees with you? Some of you have a real problem with that, I see. Screw FSU and everything they touch! Buddy you’re not the only one that follows recruiting and college football. You make it seem like anyone that follows recruiting agrees with you. Again, you’re wrong! I’m not gonna let you drag me into a tangent about a counter topic you’re creating. My point is focused on FSU and not the state of our recruiting. I agree that our recruiting is struggling mightily. But I’m not worried about the clowns and them potentially having a good class. We’ve seen this movie before. They still have to play games this season. Have you saw that roster lately? They won’t be any better on the field this year. That class will likely take a tumble and ours will likely climb. So anyone proclaiming that we should be worried about FSU deserves to be laughed at in my opinion.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
@Renard904, I have yet to see any sorta recruiting bump based on our season performance. I also don't think we are going to have any sorta season that would warrant a recruiting bump. Most realistic people without orange and blue blinders on see our season done by the end of October. Actually, we just had a highly talented tight end saying they aren't coming to UF because they dont want to follow Pitts. f$u is coming off a horrible season, yet they are putting together a great class. I just don't see where you are coming to the point you are trying to make based off the reasons you laid out there.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Listen to this video, from Josh Pate - they talk about the state of Florida recruiting, and each of the Big 3's current state of recruiting....UF's comments are painful:

Starting at the 21:00 mark. At 25:15, speaks about UF specifically.

Glad to see somebody else keeps up with this show. They are very thorough and you can tell college football is their passion.

The comments fit Dan perfectly. Statements like "March to the beat of their own drum" and "very selective" couldn't ring more true. In my opinion, Dan completely ignores the rankings and has too much faith in his OWN evaluation system. Plus, I don't think he is riding the staff to recruit their tail's off. Not putting an emphasis on Jacksonville and South Florida really makes no sense at all.

Pate knows his stuff and says that FSU is busting their tails on the recruiting trail. Wouldn't be surprised if we are neck and neck this year with them steam rolling us in the next year or two in recruiting.

We know what we have in Dan Mullen pertaining to recruiting, which is ok to good but never great.

Good lawd I just listened to Mullen's presser at media days and he was asked why Bama has come into the state of Florida and taken more 5 stars than the Big 3 in state and Dan mentions "nobody asks his opinion on ratings". :lmao:

Last edited:

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Just went back to 2015 for this list.

List of 5 stars that have committed to Alabama from the state of Florida
2015: Calvin Ridley
2017: Alex Leatherwood, Dylan Moses (IMG Implant), Jerry Jeudy
2018: Patrick Surtain
2019: Trey Sanders, Evan Neal
2021: JC Latham, Dallas Turner, and Jacorey Brooks (Just the number 1st, 2nd, and 8th ranked recruits in the state of Florida, no big deal.)

I guess they were just a bunch of overrated nobodies who never accomplished anything at Bama. Just insignificant players who never even came close to playing a significant role for a team that won a national championship. Let's not even mention the NFL because we know there is no way they got drafted.

Dan should talk to whoever is giving these rankings and teach them a lesson. :facepalm:
Jesus, you can't make this $HIT up.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't be surprised if we are neck and neck this year with them steam rolling us in the next year or two in recruiting
Nahhhhhh.... we will be neck and neck with Wake Forest,not Clown Town.

And scUM already throttles him mercilously in recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good lawd I just listened to Mullen's presser at media days and he was asked why Bama has come into the state of Florida and taken more 5 stars than the Big 3 in state and Dan mentions "nobody asks his opinion on ratings". :lmao:
Who had the balls to ask that?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If those homers think it is 50/50 then it is 2%. When they claim it is a Fla lock, then it is maybe, 33% to 50%, which essentially means unless he gets a better offer.
Penn St if location is a consideration, Bama for every other consideration, unless they are slow playing him

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Uh...thats because our defense sucks and not because they are good.

Yeah, I wasn’t implying that these teams are anything special. But they aren’t complete pushovers either when you don’t have typical UF talent, which we largely don’t. That’s my point. They’ve been in every game thus far until very late, even leading multiple quarters, and of course have beaten us once already. For that matter, we’ve only seen one game of three where Vu wasn’t at some point leading.

I don’t care how good of a coach you are, if you allow modest teams to stick around consistently, either due to strategy(WM) or because you’ve allowed the talent difference to practically disappear(DM) you will lose eventually. So put aside the teams pulling away from us with clear advantages. Those average teams will be dogfights week in and week out as well and will pluck a win here or there. Zook didn’t get fired because of being 1-2 against 0-2 against fsu, and certainly not being 2-0 in Jax. He was fired because of botched games like um-03, OM twice, and eventually Msu. Before the opener in 2003, one of the opposing players flat out said they didn’t fear UF anymore. Once that happens, everyone feels they can beat you and sooner or later they’ve right. We’re getting dangerously close to that with tue current recruiting. If it persists, 3 losses will be the ceiling and 4-5 wouldn’t be a shock. He’s gone the moment they feel that’s our reality.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well, yeah...its still the SEC. But without being a homer, the East has been crap compared to the west. UK and USC have been a little better than they traditionally have been. UT is worse than they ever have been. Vandy is vandy. Mizzou, though seems to have our number, aint nothing special. UGA is it. There isn't a single team other than UGA worth anything. Even they are a let down when how much talent they actually have is factored in. And throw in UF, as you point out, we are not that big of a deal right now either.

Its all relative though. Dan Mullen is saying in media days today that his schedule this time around is stacked with teams that have more talent than his first go around at UF. No...not true...he just doesn't have anywhere near the talent on UF this go around as he did his first go around. He can spin it all he wants but that is the truth. But its relative, so he is still getting the 9-10 wins a year.

We went 8-4 last season with probably the best offense we are going to have for another 10 years. LSU was that game you speak about. Heck...Oklahoma was the cherry on top. Zook got fired because he followed Spurrier. Mullen is following complete and utter failures. What gets Mullen fired is saying and/or doing stupid things like he did last year. McStains could very well still be here if he hadn't lied about death threats.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its all relative though. Dan Mullen is saying in media days today that his schedule this time around is stacked with teams that have more talent than his first go around at UF. No...not true...he just doesn't have anywhere near the talent on UF this go around as he did his first go around. He can spin it all he wants but that is the truth.
lolol.... there are maybe....maybe.... 5 players Urban would offer a commitable scholarship on our roster.

I know he knows his roster sucks and his recruiting sucks but I damn sure bet some of these asskissers still believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.