Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
This split tail puts new meaning to the saying "recruit the mama if you want the player". She thinks this is her moment to shine. I have a feeling that she's the main culprit in the de-commits, and I am not sad that she won't be around the program for the next 4+ years.

If the reason we lost all the other commits is because one crazy karen was sad about her boy and called them up, and Napier can't help convince the decommits to stay despite wanting them, then we are in deep $hit. The guy is supposed to win recruiting battles against Satan, Shart and now Marioball in Miami and win the state of Florida.

Lets just give the guy the benefit of the doubt and say WDWHA, all of them....

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Those were Meyers guys not Zooks so your example isn't relative. End of the day, he visited or called most of the kids in this class. What he asked of them apparently is too much and they want to dump a program the same way they would have if we took them and they never played.

Sure coaches are upset, that's only because ESD is a week away and the kids were asked to hold off. This is where we differ, kids dictating rules and not ok doing what was asked is exactly why we are 13th in the SEC. I imagine you wanted to keep certain coaches too because so and so expressed their love for him on twitter? GTFO with the pandering and grow a ****ing pair, something needs to change and I don't have a problem setting a precedent and what expectations are.

Ok. According to several sources, BN did not reach out to our highest rated WR, who has UF ties is Top-50 in the country and is in an area we rely on for talent. We'll just disagree as to whether or not that's acceptable.

As for something needing to change, you're right. But it's changed the wrong direction and didn't have to. You can exact change without going scorched earth. If anything, this was the perfect class to be handed because there weren't many of those awkward situations to deal with. But there should've been a focus on guys like Gibson and McClellan and a few others. I'm fine with Evers and said as much. But just wiping the slate clean is completely unnecessary, and wrongly implies that every player Mullen attracted was awful, especially considering 3 previous commits have ended up at Ala and/or uga and Gibson is all but committed already to fsu.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If the reason we lost all the other commits is because one crazy karen sad about her boy, and Napier can't help convince the decommits to stay despite wanting them, then we are in deep $hit. The guy is supposed to win recruiting battles against Satan, Shart and now Marioball in Miami and win the state of Florida.

Lets just give the guy the benefit of the doubt and say WDWHA, all of them....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not happy with the de-commits but not surprised either......
We were warned and should have expected it anyway..... BN has a right to make his own bed..... Try to relax and enjoy the ride that we all demanded... This Class was already imploding before Mullen was fired... It's not the end of Western Civilization....

I'm trying to keep my head from exploding with unfounded fears..... The Future is still bright...

Go Gators!

Is there a Train on someone's Mom tonight? Asking for a Friend..

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. According to several sources, BN did not reach out to our highest rated WR, who has UF ties is Top-50 in the country and is in an area we rely on for talent. We'll just disagree as to whether or not that's acceptable.

As for something needing to change, you're right. But it's changed the wrong direction and didn't have to. You can exact change without going scorched earth. If anything, this was the perfect class to be handed because there weren't many of those awkward situations to deal with. But there should've been a focus on guys like Gibson and McClellan and a few others. I'm fine with Evers and said as much. But just wiping the slate clean is completely unnecessary, and wrongly implies that every player Mullen attracted was awful, especially considering 3 previous commits have ended up at Ala and/or uga and Gibson is all but committed already to fsu.
I'm not saying wipe it clean if you don't have to. If these kids can't do what's asked so bad decisions for both aren't made, it was never going to work out anyhow.

We have no clue what was said or not said, who was called instead of visited. We currently have a **** class getting even ****tier and an ex-QB commit whose mom is apparently running around like a psycho. If these kids wanna break up and go see what the dating scene is like, **** em.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
I'm not saying wipe it clean if you don't have to. If these kids can't do what's asked so bad decisions for both aren't made, it was never going to work out anyhow.

We have no clue what was said or not said, who was called instead of visited. We currently have a **** class getting even ****tier and an ex-QB commit whose mom is apparently running around like a psycho. If these kids wanna break up and go see what the dating scene is like, **** em.
:headbang:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That's all any of us are saying. We openly laughed at the Bert kid who left a few weeks back. We were fine with the three defections that had nothing to do with Napier himself. And most think Monica is fit for a straight jacket. But asking every kid to kick things out to February is wrong, and to basically ignore someone--which is being confirmed by mods and insiders--makes no sense. Again, we'll leave it at that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not happy with the de-commits but not surprised either......
We were warned and should have expected it anyway..... BN has a right to make his own bed..... Try to relax and enjoy the ride that we all demanded... This Class was already imploding before Mullen was fired... It's not the end of Western Civilization....

I'm trying to keep my head from exploding with unfounded fears..... The Future is still bright...

Go Gators!

Is there a Train on someone's Mom tonight? Asking for a Friend..

I would think if you haven't been notified, that could only mean one thing.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Nick Evers. His mama came on the podcast. His mama! "My little boy just didn't feel the chemistry. Not like with Dorky Dan. Dorky Dan was cool, he connected with my little boy".

Not saying Napier is not falling on his face, but losing this kid seems like losing a Mullen level competitor.
It reminds me of Grier and his daddy. Now, he ultimately ended up being right in his evaluation of Mac being a total dipschit, but he was way too fuchin meddlesome, and the Evers family seems to be cut from the same mold, with about a third of the talent that Grier had.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TOS has a thread about Monica Evers (mother of Nick Evers) has been calling our remaining commits parents and bad mouthing BN. Said the source is very reputable. smh
Sounds like someone needs a good kvnt punt. Also, good riddance.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

200.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In reading all of this panic, I've come to the conclusion the only thing everyone is really annoyed about is Gibson - the rest were trash. Personally, I do NOT believe the rumors that Napier just completely ignored him. I think Gibson was out the moment Mullen was canned.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Raymond is true, will Ricks follow him?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This split tail puts new meaning to the saying "recruit the mama if you want the player". She thinks this is her moment to shine. I have a feeling that she's the main culprit in the de-commits, and I am not sad that she won't be around the program for the next 4+ years.

:snob: I am totally offended by the Sexist tone of your post. I expect Ox to immediately curtail your posting privileges. Shame, shame upon you!

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Not gonna lie, I hadn't looked at any of the other threads until just now. Had no idea about all the alleged new hires. If Sling blade has really landed Seider, Raymond, Sale and Lupoi then he can run off all the recruits he wants. That crew will have them replaced in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator