2023 NCAA Pick 'Em Thread: Congrats to jaywalker72!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here are the players:

1. TN G8r
2. Bait'n Gator
3. jdh5484
4. CaseyGator
5. Gatormac2112
6. EyeDocGator
7. Joegator96
8. MJMGator
9. Egor's Assistant
10. dphgator96
11. gatormandan
12. GatorJ
13. Durty South Swamp
14. B52G8rAC
15. GR8 2B
16. RiverRat
17. RocketCityGator
18. Kcroy420
19. bradgator2
20. grengadgy
21. NVGator
22. Mgnihilo
23. Ironhead
24. GatorTruth133
25. Gator by the Sea
26. Oklahoma Gator
27. cartman302
28. LaylaGator
29. GatorBart
30. GBHOR
31. FlyingGator
32. Mr2Bits
33. Gatordiddy
34. Pablos Tunnel
35. deuce
36. Altitude Gator
37. PaulDrake
38. ultragator
39. URGatorbait
40. Gatorgirl4life
41. TaterGator
42. Detroitgator
43. Gator by Marriage
44. gardnerwebbgator
45. jaywalker72
46. Sec14Gator
47. Fodderwing
48. ThreatMatrix
49. Defend The Swamp
50. Sam16
51. no1g8r
52. Gulfstream
53. GatorInGeorgia
54. KeyWestGator
55. Okeechobee Joe
56. Grumbler
57. Alchemist
58. Treebeard
59. Bushmaster
60. LoyalGatorFan
61. Sassypants (not eligible for payout)
62. oxrageous (not eligible for payout)

Here are the final payout numbers:

1. $675
2. $149
3. $115
4. $95
5. $81
6. $61
7. $54
8. $47
9. $41
10. $34

Here are some important notes. Please read:

1. First off, you are responsible for making your picks on time. Needless to say, missing a week would almost certainly torpedo your shot at a top slot. Game picks lock 30 minutes before kickoff, and you'll have at least 5 days to make your picks. The system will send out a reminder to make your picks 48 hours before the first kickoff. If you miss a game or miss a week, please do not come crying to me to make some kind of exception - I do not have the capability in the software to make anyone else's picks anyway. Picks should generally take very little time. You can continue to make any changes to your picks right up to 30 minutes before kickoff. Your fellow players will celebrate if you miss weeks, so don’t give them the satisfaction.

2. I won't be bothering with a complex tiebreaker-points system. At the end of this year, if you are tied with someone else, I will simply combine those pay slots and pay it out equally. The one exception is the champion. I will probably create tiebreakers for the bowl games in the rare case that two or more people are going to tie for #1 - I want a clear winner to this contest.

Season will cover every SEC game and the SECCG. To round out each week to 15 games, I will pick other interesting games from around the nation. As a final grand bang to the end of the season, we will pick ALL the Bowl games and all the playoff games.

This will be the single thread for the entire 2023 Pick ‘Em season – keep all league chatter in here. Every week, I will update the thread title with the weekly winner(s) and post the stats here.

How to play:

First, you'll now see a "Pick 'Em" tab at the top of the forum. Click on it. When you open it you'll see this page - click this "X" to remove that filter.

pick1.jpg

Here you will see the open pools. You'll see one open for "2023 NCAA Football Season".

pick2.jpg

Once you click on the pool you want to join, click the "Join Pool" button in the upper right.

pick3.jpg

Then you can click the "Manage your picks" button in the upper right to view or make your picks. Remember, you can change any of your picks up to 30 minutes before kickoff.

Note for iPhone/iPad users:

Making picks works just fine on desktop and Android devices.

On mobile, there is some kind of conflict between iOS and this particular Xenforo style. Hence, when you go to make picks on either Pick 'Em or Survivor, the bubbles to makes your picks won't be there and you can't do it. The workaround is easy and quick. When you are on the picks page, go to the very bottom of the page where the dropdown is to change styles. You'll either see GC LITE or GC DARK in there, depending on what style you use. Drop that down and select "iPhone Pick 'Em". After you select that style, the bubbles will appear and you can make and save picks. Then you can return to the style you want (you ain't gonna want to stay on default).

Sorry for the inconvenience on this one, nothing else I can do.

pick4.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You'll notice Vanderbilt is on here twice. They have an 8/26 game and a 9/2 game. Don't miss that 8/26 pick.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Here are the players to date:

1. TN G8r
2. Bait'n Gator
3. jdh5484
4. CaseyGator
5. Gatormac2112
6. EyeDocGator
7. Joegator96
8. MJMGator
9. Egor's Assistant
10. dphgator96
11. gatormandan
12. GatorJ
13. Durty South Swamp
14. B52G8rAC
15. GR8 2B
16. RiverRat
17. RocketCityGator
18. Kcroy420
19. bradgator2
20. grengadgy
21. NVGator
22. Mgnihilo
23. Ironhead
24. GatorTruth133
25. Gator by the Sea
26. Oklahoma Gator
27. cartman302
28. LaylaGator
29. GatorBart
30. GBHOR
31. FlyingGator
32. Mr2Bits
33. Gatordiddy
34. Pablos Tunnel
35. deuce
36. Altitude Gator
37. PaulDrake
38. ultragator
39. URGatorbait
40. Gatorgirl4life
41. TaterGator
42. Detroitgator
43. Gator by Marriage
44. gardnerwebbgator
45. jaywalker72
46. Sec14Gator
47. Fodderwing
48. ThreatMatrix
49. Defend The Swamp
50. Sam16
51. no1g8r
52. Gulfstream
53. GatorInGeorgia

Here are the payout numbers so far:

1. $596
2. $131
3. $101
4. $83
5. $72
6. $54
7. $48
8. $42
9. $36
10. $30

Here are some important notes. Please read:

1. First off, you are responsible for making your picks on time. Needless to say, missing a week would almost certainly torpedo your shot at a top slot. Game picks lock 30 minutes before kickoff, and you'll have at least 5 days to make your picks. The system will send out a reminder to make your picks 48 hours before the first kickoff. If you miss a game or miss a week, please do not come crying to me to make some kind of exception - I do not have the capability in the software to make anyone else's picks anyway. Picks should generally take very little time. You can continue to make any changes to your picks right up to 30 minutes before kickoff. Your fellow players will celebrate if you miss weeks, so don’t give them the satisfaction.

2. I won't be bothering with a complex tiebreaker-points system. At the end of this year, if you are tied with someone else, I will simply combine those pay slots and pay it out equally. The one exception is the champion. I will probably create tiebreakers for the bowl games in the rare case that two or more people are going to tie for #1 - I want a clear winner to this contest.

Season will cover every SEC game and the SECCG. To round out each week to 15 games, I will pick other interesting games from around the nation. As a final grand bang to the end of the season, we will pick ALL the Bowl games and all the playoff games.

This will be the single thread for the entire 2023 Pick ‘Em season – keep all league chatter in here. Every week, I will update the thread title with the weekly winner(s) and post the stats here.

How to play:

First, you'll now see a "Pick 'Em" tab at the top of the forum. Click on it. When you open it you'll see this page - click this "X" to remove that filter.

pick1.jpg

Here you will see the open pools. You'll see one open for "2023 NCAA Football Season".

pick2.jpg

Once you click on the pool you want to join, click the "Join Pool" button in the upper right.

pick3.jpg

Then you can click the "Manage your picks" button in the upper right to view or make your picks. Remember, you can change any of your picks up to 30 minutes before kickoff.

pick4.jpg
How the hell am I only in 36th? I nailed every spring game pick!

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not seeing the pickem on the ribbon. I cleared the cache and rebooted. PC. Chrome.

View attachment 60814
Neither am I.....I can see it on my Floating Menu Bar but when I click on it...it says

Oops! We ran into some problems.......You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.​

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
You'll notice Vanderbilt is on here twice. They have an 8/26 game and a 9/2 game. Don't miss that 8/26 pick.

Do I need to let you know if I want to play first and then you add the Pick’em Tab? Or should it already be there? I’m not seeing it

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do I need to let you know if I want to play first and then you add the Pick’em Tab? Or should it already be there? I’m not seeing it
The only people that can see it are those who are playing. If you still want to play, better get me the $25 today.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can I get another Vandy line to pick? It looks like Vandy has a real banger of a schedule being favored by like 100 in week zero and one

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last year, I spent time trying to research teams and their opponents.

Not this year. I'm just gonna go down the line and pick based on first glance :lol:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I missed a whole week last season and still finished in the money. Don't let OX steer you away from a proven, winning strategy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator