Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's not the whole fan base. Just a few loud ones.

I don’t know. Saturday was an ugly night that I witnessed personally. Haven’t seen that type of dejection and grumbling from fans as they poured out in a long time. Probably Zook era. There are some acceptable bumps you expect, and then there are things that just kill people’s enthusiasm. Everyone’s happy with recruiting. But there’s more to the job than that, and west bound traffic on 2nd Ave before Q4 even started says a lot. His comments in Toney today won’t help either. We need a statement win, and there are only two left on the schedule. Have to get one.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know. Saturday was an ugly night that I witnessed personally. Haven’t seen that type of dejection and grumbling from fans as they poured out in a long time. Probably Zook era. There are some acceptable bumps you expect, and then there are things that just kill people’s enthusiasm. Everyone’s happy with recruiting. But there’s more to the job than that, and west bound traffic on 2nd Ave before Q4 even started says a lot.
The only things I’m disappointed in so far are AR and our defensive scheme. AR has the potential to be nothing short of awesome, but he’s so mentally fragile and inconsistent. The defense just allows teams to march down the field time after time. Change it up! Blitz every down and play tight man. Do SOMETHING different!
I knew we would take it on the chin this year and that’s why I predicted 7-5. Folks that thought we’d win 10+ games are the ones grumbling. Unrealistic expectations for a new staff with this roster.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This year was always going to be ugly. How ugly was the question. Everybody's line for how ugly they're willing to tolerate is different...lol.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I am. It’ll be a raucous crowd and I’m sure a prime time match-up. I suspect it’ll be another close battle like this year.
Ive been outspoken in my hatred of non-cupcake openers. I detest them. We did very well during the SOS years opening with two cupcakes and then UT. I am fine if we play an FCS opponent for our openers from now until the heat death of the universe.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This class isn’t close to over and will be the closest we had to a Meyer class in a decade. Just missing QB (that will come in 24 with Lagway and 25 with Hurley), OL, and MLB to have a perfectly balanced class. We have a good shot at balancing the class at those positions except QB. Stokes is a just a guy but we should flip some OL and trying hard to flip some MLB

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.