Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Even RocketCity has thrown in the towel. After all these years, we're finally getting the rebuild we've wanted and everyone is pissed.
If Vandy had not happened, I'd probably feel as optimistic as you do. But Dude I was there. That was as bad an all-around performance as any game by the last 3 failures. And that was all coaching. So yeah, for me, he's on probation. Honeymoon is over.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Vandy had not happened, I'd probably feel as optimistic as you do. But Dude I was there. That was as bad an all-around performance as any game by the last 3 failures. And that was all coaching. So yeah, for me, he's on probation. Honeymoon is over.
It wasn't all coaching you miserable vomitous mass. On occasion, players need to make plays. I seriously doubt Napier hurt Pearsall and then asked his brainless backup to field a punt looking into the sun while running backwards at the 5 yard line.

The coaching staff gets plenty of blame, but this was the least talented Gator squad in the 32 years I've been watching. They were also the least smart. If you took their combined IQ and multiplied it by 100, you might have enough intelligence to tie your shoe.....if you didn't drool all over yourself in the process.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The coaching staff gets plenty of blame, but this was the least talented Gator squad in the 32 years I've been watching. They were also the least smart. If you took their combined IQ and multiplied it by 100, you might have enough intelligence to tie your shoe.....if you didn't drool all over yourself in the process.

I don’t see how drooling all over yourself would automatically mean tying your shoes would be impossible. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m not seeing the contingency.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I meant it in the most respectful way. Love the players, you can’t blame them for accepting a scholarship from the last regime.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I meant it in the most respectful way. Love the players, you can’t blame them for accepting a scholarship from the last regime.

Totally agree with this. If they handle all of this with class, haven’t embarrassed the university and have it their best, can’t really fault them. I mean Stiner chose us over freaking Temple, and the guys behind him still couldn’t beat him out. Blame the coaches who put us in that position in the first place.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Totally agree with this. If they handle all of this with class, haven’t embarrassed the university and have it their best, can’t really fault them. I mean Stiner chose us over freaking Temple, and the guys behind him still couldn’t beat him out. Blame the coaches who put us in that position in the first place.
It’s one reason why I desperately want to see this group of misfits still standing win this freaking bowl game. It would be awesome for them.

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
1670948684268.png

With 8 days to go, we sit between Tennessee and Oregon.

While OX runs out of Kleenex from the Billy jizz factory he has created in his mind, I am curbing my enthusiasm.

I need more than bad coaching and a ****ty 6 win season.

For comparative purposes, see LSU and how they ended up.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even RocketCity has thrown in the towel. After all these years, we're finally getting the rebuild we've wanted and everyone is pissed.

This time last year, most of us were screaming for a coach to come in and burn the program to the ground and start over again.

Other than waiting until the 2022 season was completed, it appears that this is precisely what BN has done.
I guess some have a different definition of “Burn the program down and start over” than I do.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
View attachment 52223

While OX runs out of Kleenex from the Billy jizz factory he has created in his mind, I am curbing my enthusiasm.

If the stars completely align, this could be a banner class. I think J mentioned somewhere in the 3-5 range, which would be awesome. Personally, I’m a bit cynical of that and think we’ll inevitably miss on some of the names we feel good about. I’d like us to finish inside the top 10. Not exactly what I was expecting or hoping for, but it’s a start. I think Top-3 in ‘24 is a must.

The one thing that I think is a definite is that either us or the canes are going to be very disappointed over the next few days. We’re just going head to head on so many names, and our programs are in similar need of a major infusion of talent.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
View attachment 52223

Or you could use this one: College football recruiting rankings for 2023 with Early Signing Day upcoming - College Football HQ
Or this one: College football recruiting rankings for 2023 with Early Signing Day upcoming - College Football HQ
Or make a list up. We will finish in the top 7. When is the last time we did that? And yes, Bammar, Dwags and Corndogs may finish ahead in recruiting but not by much.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 52223

I don't remember you being this much of a total asshat. Good Christ some of our fans are insufferable with absolutely no clue of the big picture and the surrounding circumstances.

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
No question the 2024 recruiting effort is starting strong, and that's great. But, we are long way from that singing day.

Have there been any coaches fired? Perhaps I missed that, or perhaps that happens after ESD.

We have to get some coaching issues ironed out.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
View attachment 52223

This us the one that really matters and we are 4th not 11th in it so chill and let the process happen Screenshot_20221213_120742.jpg

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 52223

Which recruiting service is that?

I agree on the season and LSU.

I would wait until ESD and NSD (most portals will be signed) before a final verdict though.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Its 247, we are at the same spot in Rivals.
I didn't realize we dropped that much on 247. That's the service I judge by.

Look at the avg though. We are just behind LSU at #6.

BN needs to close strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator