Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I had no idea we had a coach named "Couch". :lol: Perhaps it's me that needs to enter the portal. I think it's time to call Sas and let him know it's ready for him to take over.
"he played the game" or so he bragged, endlessly

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Easy to knock when they don't land a QB. Does it suck they will end up with a few of the guys we wanted/needed, absolutely...but who cares how good Samson is when he's blocking for Jacurri Brown or how good Cormani is when theyre losing by 30.

Very well said, players like this will never get talked about because they will never be in meaningful games in their careers at Miami.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I had no idea we had a coach named "Couch". :lol: Perhaps it's me that needs to enter the portal. I think it's time to call Sas and let him know it's ready for him to take over.
The Office No GIF

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Although this class isn’t gonna end up where we’d like, we’re likely to get a lot more contributors than we’d get out of Mullen’s inflated classes. Our best players this year were mostly the one’s Billy brought in. There’s some things that I haven’t been impressed with Billy with, but player evaluation isn’t one of them.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
And yet some here will say this is just another butters/mullen class.

It's not--there's thought & planning that's going into the construction of the class and even if we're not getting everyone we're targeting at positions of need, it's obvious that our needs are being looked at and addressed.

Unlike Muschump (who ignored OL), Butters (who ignored DL & 5 stars, generally), and Mullen (who ignored recruiting, period), Napier is going after solid recruits who can help us immediately.

He does have the ability to draw from the portal as an added resource and I trust him there (since his additions this past year were all solid).

Have no idea whether his other issues will get sorted out, but on recruiting and talent identification, he seems to be good.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

I guess my take is just that we would like to finish with a HS OT, DT and LB. That would suggest more that the staff can recruit, and close. DL, WR, DB are solid > great. Realize we are not going to wiff at OL but it’s only a decent class at the moment. LB is all but critical and we are missing. I don’t care about transfers. Cannot build a team’s big boy position groups out of the portal. At least, no staff should count on doing so.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It's not--there's thought & planning that's going into the construction of the class and even if we're not getting everyone we're targeting at positions of need, it's obvious that our needs are being looked at and addressed.

Unlike Muschump (who ignored OL), Butters (who ignored DL & 5 stars, generally), and Mullen (who ignored recruiting, period), Napier is going after solid recruits who can help us immediately.

He does have the ability to draw from the portal as an added resource and I trust him there (since his additions this past year were all solid).

Have no idea whether his other issues will get sorted out, but on recruiting and talent identification, he seems to be good.
Said above, risky to rely on portal. Admittedly, LSU’s staff apparently killed it last cycle. But will we? And, aside from Pearsall, his impact players are ones he already knew.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure this is probably just to build up the suspense, but thought I would share anyways:

IIRC, He said his mind was made up between his UV and OV to UF.

I think he's sharp and knows how to play a crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.