Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
After retiring the first 5 hitters he faced, Satin finally issues a walk. And he was almost about to become my favorite Gator pitcher but he had to stay in line and throw in a walk. Satin walks another hitter. Atta boy. Do not fail to disappoint. Now a wild pitch which forces them to intentionally walk hi. Bases loaded

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators out meekly. 8=5 ATM after FIVE.

Satin out, Smith in. Satin good for 5 hitters, then walked 3 but allowed no runs. So as Gator bullpen guys go, that is Bob Gibson like!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
3 up 3 down for ATM. Thank you Smith. Another ATM at bat where I do not have to wear out the BB button on my keyboard.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kurland striking out way too much, but good thing is he is swinging so hard it makes me dizzy watching. Gators out without doing anything 8-5 after SIX

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
After retiring the first 5 hitters, Smith surrenders a triple on a deep fly to RF. Evans could have had it IMO but it was in a weird spot at the wall, like at the cut out.

Now Smith issues a walk. Smith gets out of it with a strikeout though he got hosed on a pitch by the ump, and I normally do not complain, But no harm.

Time to stretch, Drunk Harry Carey "Let;s get some runs"

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Shelton walks, Evans doubles. runners on 2nd and third, one out. We need to cash in. Last time we squandered this same situation. That ATM lefty reliever was darn good. 4 innings, only one walk Had our guys off balance until Evans double. Pitching change

Shelnut walks. bags full. Thomas to bat. Thomas whiffs on a hanging curveball UGH! Garrison whiffs. Golden opportunity is wasted. 8-5 after SEVEN

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
2 2/3rds for Smith. Leaves after walking a batter. But on the Gator pitching scale, he was like Greg Maddux tonight. Menendez in.

8-5 going to bottom 8th

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kurland singles. 1 on 1 out for Cags. Pitching change. Cags singles, 2 on. Tying run at the plate. Heyman grounds into a tailor made DP. so many wasted opportunities tonight. 8-5 after EIGHT

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Cannot take advantage of base runners and now we are going to Purnell to..............................

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Menendez allows a single, issues a walk, then another single. Bases loaded no outs. Menendez leaves, Old Folks Country Sausage coming in, No other way to say it tonight. Too many free passes by the pitching staff.. Too many wasted chances offensively. Cannot win that way.

Well after striking out the first hitter, Sausage allows a 2 run single. Really not his fault. No win situation. 10-5. Bottom of 9th.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Shelton walks, Shelnut doubles. 2 on one out. Lot of that tonight and not much to show for it to this point. Russell Sac Fly to the LF wall. Almost. Garrison gets hit. 2 on 2 outs. Ashton Wilson pinch hitting. Have no idea who or what he is.

Ball game 10-6 loss. Just an all around bad performance.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like it. But it's better to lose to someone who's good than someone who sucks.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The epidemic continues. Cags yields a single, then walks the next 2 hitters Kurland then charged with a throwing error on a very slow high chopper which I thought should be a infield hit. Be that as it may 2 walks and a 30 pitch 1st inning for Cags. Poor beginning. 1-0 ATM

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators threaten but Evans K's with runners on 1st and 2nd to end inning. Cags did hit a 330ft. single. Hit it so hard it short hopped the RF wall and had no chance for a double.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is the Cags of last year. Evans failed to catch a short fly in RF that he should have had. They scored it a hit but should have caught it. Cags walks the next hitter, but gets out of trouble. Cags 45 pitches thru 2 innings. Good thing Slater has not pitched this weekend. He is going to be on early and hopefully for a lengthy outing.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators tie it up on a Kurland infield single that scored Shelnut who walked. ATM defense has been very good. Gators left 4 runners on base thru 2 innings. 1-1

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cags walks another hitter, but was erased trying to steal. Thank goodness Garrison is catching. Then yields a single but no damage. Too many pitches and is falling behind almost every hitter, unlike his earlier starts this season.

Gators go down in order. 1-1 after 3

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      TheFoodGator