Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cags gets them in order and actually got ahead of all 3 hitters 0-2 but still almost a 20 pitch inning b/c his control is so random even within a batter. that was a better inning but still struggling today but yielded only one run and that is the bottom line but he is getting near the end.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well our bunt fundamentals return. Shelnut doubles and Russell's bunt technique was so bad and popped it up to the pitcher. UNproductive out to say the least!

Garrison flies out to the wall. Nice play CF. If Russell could have bunted would have scored a run. Leadoff double spoiled. 1-1 after FOUR

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cags comes out for the 6th and induces a fly out before promptly walking the next batter on 4 pitches. 5 1/3 innings 107 pitches. Not a great outing. Slater in

Slater gives up a single on a hanging curveball. 2 men on 2out. Slater escapes by getting their very good leadoff hitter.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators out in order on 3 very soft groundouts against a true righty submariner. Maybe Sausage is taking notes and scraps his 3/4s BS that makes people think it is sidearm just by stepping that way. Hitters are not fooled.

Slater out. Neely in again to start the 7th. 2-2 game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Neely walks the first batter he faces. SMH

Neely K's the next hitter and Garrison throws out runner on same play trying to steal for a huge DP. Neely strikes out next hitter to end the inning.

Stretch time. Drunk Harry Carey singing. 'Let's get some runs"!

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kurland robbed of a single by the SS. The ATM defense has been outstanding all weekend. Cags up, Submariner out another righty in

Cags thrown out at 2B after another lining blast to the right field wall. 2-2 after SEVEN.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Neely gets the first 2 outs in the 8th, then walks a guy, then hits a guy before striking out the next guy for the 3rd out.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Heyman singles and Shelnut 2 run HR with 2 outs. 4-2 Gators going to the 9th.

UM, Neely out, McNeillie in????????????? Want to know about this?????

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Leadoff single. Really curious if Neely was just out of gas. Best hitters up for ATM

Called strike 3 on a borderline pitch but will take it. Grounder to 2nd for a force at 2nd. 2 out.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Shew, that why Sully gets the millions and I’m on the couch I suppose. Nails by the freshman in the 9th. Go Gators!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Shew, that why Sully gets the millions and I’m on the couch I suppose. Nails by the freshman in the 9th. Go Gators!!
Just found it odd b/c he brought Neely in to start the 7th just like Friday night and that usually means Sully is all in. Perhaps Neely was gassed or they did not want him to throw anymore, but especially after getting the lead in the 8th, it surprised me even more. But I was awaiting the reasoning before I passed judgment. Just given the lack of success by the bullpen all season, I just found it odd. But McNeillie faced 4 excellent hitters.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      TheFoodGator