Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
At lease Russell put the SAC bunt in play. Too bad it was a shytty placement.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So Thomas makes a good stop and then throws it away. So far these two games it shows if you put the ball in play things can happen. We do not put the ball in play nearly enough. Lsu puts it in play. They lost most of their mashers from last year thankfully.

Gators trail 1-0 thru 3. Could be worse

Last edited:

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
First real series I pay attention to FF. You’ve been dead on, Florida doesn’t do themselves any favors. Last few years we had solid pitching friday-Sunday. This staff can not avoid clean innings. I also thought we were much better at the plate. I’m typically a “wake me up in May” guy. This team has ALOT to improve on

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Back to back walks for us leading off the 4th. Can we scratch? Bases loaded all on walks. We get a run as Kurland hits into a DP. At least he did not strikeout.

Thomas singles scoring Shelnut.

Gators lead 2-1. Could have been more, but at least we got something and did not strikeout. Baby steps.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well that lasted 5 seconds. Peterson allows a leadoff HR into the teeth of a wind. Nothing cheap about that one.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Peterson has a great arm, but when he misses hitters never seem to miss. And it has been like that no matter the opponent. LSU puts the ball in play. We should take lessons.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Our top 3 hitters go down in order in the 5th on only 8 pitches and 2 of those outs were strikeouts. Do the math.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Peterson yields another leadoff HR into the teeth of the wind. At least it was only a solo HR, But given our offense it might be curtains.

Solo HR to RF. With wind but did not need wind help. LSU 4-2. This team is currently not good, No way to sugarcoat it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Another year, same approach at the plate. Homer or K. Never anything in play. It's usually the pitching that keeps us in it when we aren't hitting bombs. Not this year, and we're gonna be below .500 bc of it. I just cannot fathom why we don't prioritize making contact with the ball over trying to hit home runs on every swing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
4 1/3 innings for Peterson. Leaves trailing 4-2. Peterson shows glimpses but his misses get raked. Menendez in.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kurland F'ing blows. That was an easy DP and he cannot make the throw to 1B. Will not be an error b/c you cannot assume DP but Kurland needs to get his shyt together.

Well done Menendez keeping your head after Kurland does you no favors.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Kurland F'ing blows. That was an easy DP and he cannot make the throw to 1B. will not be an error b/c you cannot assume but Kurland needs to get his shyt together.

Well done Menendez keeping your head after Kurland does you no favors.
Horrible throw on a text book play with plenty of time. This bunch finds new ways to blow daily.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Are you kidding me? Back to back K's looking on fastballs right down the middle. Please take bat off shoulder.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well we did strike out 3 times that inning, but feel like it was a victory b/c Kurland finally got a hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator