Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators take a 4-3 lead on a 2 run HR by Cags and a 2 run double by Shelnut. Pardon me for my lack of enthusiasm for our scoring against a Jax pitcher with a double digit ERA. Much more interested in the Gators pitching woes.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Smith out McNeillie in. 2 outs top of 4th, Jax leads 5-4. Runners sttill on 2nd and 3rd. Gator pitchers have issued 5 free passes thru 4 innings. They are consistent at something.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators squander 2 runners on and no outs with 2.3.4 up. Jax leads 5-4 after 4 innings.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
McNeillie walks the leadoff hitter in the 6th. Would not want him to not participate in the ongoing fun. Now he hits a batter on a 1-2 count SMH

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
McNeillie walks the leadoff hitter in the 6th. Would not want him to not participate in the ongoing fun. Now he hits a batter on a 1-2 count SMH
McNellie has toughness. Six SO;s works for me, compared against the others

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Does anyone know why we continue to put Donau at DH? If I put him in I would put him as DSO.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators squander 2 on again with Cags and Shelton up. This lefty reliever for Jax who has been terrible all year looks like an all star tonight.

McNeillie out, Philpott in.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
If we lose this game it's on the offense. We have done nothing since the third inning against D2 level pitching.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Philpott out with 2 runners on and 1 out in the 9th. At least they both reached via a hit. A decent effort by Philpott but overall the entire staff tonight was underwhelming against a bad team. And offensively has been worse. Menendez in.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
An 0-2 sittting fastball with the bases loaded to a guy who had struck out 4 times tonight prior. It is either way too many free passes or just horrendous location in a plus count. Even if somehow the Gators rally, the result is irrelevant. I know you are going to have off nights but this is just atrocious. I am used to the screwups by the pitchers, but offensively facing a bunch of pitchers with double digit ERAs and can't even get a sniff.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Menendez out, 4 to 7 in favor of the hardhead catfish.

ol folks sausage in now.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
An 0-2 sittting fastball with the bases loaded to a guy who had struck out 4 times tonight prior. It is either way too many free passes or just horrendous location in a plus count. Even if somehow the Gators rally, the result is irrelevant. I know you are going to have off nights but this is just atrocious. I am used to the screwups by the pitchers, but offensively facing a bunch of pitchers with double digit ERAs and can't even get a sniff.
Tied our season high in SO the opposition yet can't beat a below avg team. This has been offensive.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Tied our season high in SO the opposition yet can't beat a below avg team. This has been offensive.
If the team performs this weekend like it has tonight, they are liable to get run ruled. Not playing some Jr. High team in your own park this weekend.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
If the team performs this weekend like it has tonight, they are liable to get run ruled. Not playing some Jr. High team in your own park this weekend.
It is inexcusable to be so sloppy in the last game of a long homestand. Jax isn't very good. We failed in all aspects tonight, pitching, defense, hitting and coaching. LSU could be brutal.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we didn't have cags we might not have a single win. This is the worst gator team I can remember. Absolutely dreadful. Ranked top 10 with nearly a .500 record. This is not a ranked team.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
No real surprise (major disappointment) that Sully is sticking with his pitching rotation for another weekend. I guess he is attempting to Dan Mullen us as the current smartest SOB in the room. I hope Fisher can hold LSU eight runs through the five inning outing he will deliver. Peterson will most likely schit his pants in front of that hostile bunch leaving it to Cags to redeem himself from the CWS final to get our one win of the weekend. It sucks when a pumper like me is lining up with the "hang em high" crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.