Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Two innings for McNeillie. Now Fisher. Hope to close it but of course gives up a hit to the first batter on an 0-2 count, the 7 hole hitter. The 8 hole hitter, a lefty, singles and he walks the 9 hole hitter to load the bases. Welcome to UF baseball.

Fisher out. Jameson in. Never a dull moment if the Gators have a lead.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Okay I cannot make this up shyt up so be patient. Jameson goes 0-2 to the first hitter he faces. The next pitch is a ball and Donay throws low back to the mound, Ball gets past Jameson and the runner from 3rd base scores. He then goes on to throw 3 more balls and walks the hitter to reload the bases.:lmao:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Credit to Jameson as he gets out of it with a DP and a K on their best hitter. But this team just cannot close out a game with a 6 run lead. Now 11-7.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So you really do not want to walk hitters with a 4 run lead and 2 outs remaining, but Jameson walks the next hitter after starting him 0-2. The next hitter of course hits a 2 run HR to make it 11-9. But Jameson gets the next two hitters and the Gators win easily 11-9:clap:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
We got the win, I'll take it, but again, due to our pitching, this one only gets a...

episode 7 cooking GIF by Fox TV

Not even a...
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Halfway thru the SEC schedule with a 7-8 record. I would say that to the somewhat good eye, the product on the field has been worse than the record and team should feel fortunate. But if the product on the field does not improve over the next 15 SEC games I doubt they manage to get 5 wins. But time will tell.

On a consistent note, thru these 15 SEC games the Gators have trailed on the scoreboard at some point in each game. Seems like it would be difficult to achieve but not for this bunch.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It really isn't just one thing. Young pitchers, inconsistent experienced ones, less bashers than last year, difficulty manufacturing runs and holding leads...etc. Had to be easier to manage last year's team. Hold it in the road, next year should be better.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Pitching staff surrendered 9 walks and 1 HBP and three of the 4 pitchers used are some of the most experienced. Add 9 hits that they surrendered and that leads to way too much traffic on the bases.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I have ranted about this before and I've seen nothing to dismiss my position. The game is infested with stupidity and analytics along with too much of some and not enough of the other in terms of the the game. What do I mean by that? Let's start with that poppy word that gets thrown around about pitching.....VELO. Ah yes...what lights up the PBR, MaxPrep and PG twitter feeds and highlights. Some kid in HS ball throwing 96 down the dick.. K'ing up some kid that probably has been seeing mid 80's at best. All the dads with their pocket radars and some 20 y.o with PBR behind the backstop with a radar gun. Fast fwd to SEC play one year later and that same kid that was K'ing up HS kids gets a real dose of reality and discovers that his down the dick FB is gonna get rocked. He's never really had to locate his FB and probably only throws his off speed when he gets bored now has to locate both damn near perfectly. Confidence shot to hell and bravado that was once all over twitter is long gone. Nobody at driveline or whoever they went to for all that velo gives a shyt because they aren't in the business of developing great pitchers, just hard throwers and if you don't know the difference don't respond to this thread.

But what I really love the most is that the very industry that is responsible for this nonsense is now trying to blame the rash of elbow injuries in MLB on the pitch clock. Not the fact the the UCL ligament isn't mature until about age 26 and yet we have HS junior throwing 90. "In high school, the red line where forces go beyond the tensile properties of the ligament is about 80 mph" Dr. James Andrews.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Clemente starting on the mound against Jax, Looking for anything positive from any pitcher on the staff. Walked one batter and struck out 2 in the first inning. He throws hard but high in the zone so might give up big flies against any good teams.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators lead 3-0 and have bases loaded and 2 outs with Robertson due up and Jax making a pitching change. The starting lefty for Jax was no Steve Carlton. The Nut had a 2 run HR

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Clemente, kid has the name, worked out of a jam. To the bottom of the 2nd we go, 3 to 0 good guys.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Clemente loads the bases with 1 out in the 2nd inning but strikes out the next 2 hitters. Nice job by him throwing strikes with the bases loaded and not gifting them runs.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Clemente out, Menendez in. Sully has decided to look at the guys we hardly ever see in games. b/c we know what the guys we have seen for weeks have done. Would say with his two innings Clemente might be seen this upcoming weekend out of the bullpen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
1 2/3 innings for Menendez. Too many free passes to probably have earned an important role on the weekend, but not totally horrendous. Old Folks Country Sausage in.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Purnell made it interesting, but got the strike out. To the bottom of 4 we go.

4 to 0.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hard to believe this is the same Jax team that beat us earlier this season. They are not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.