Founding Member
link darts GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kid is a project. Has great measurables. But I think they’re looking so hard to try to grab somebody special safety because we just don’t have anybody back there like that.

He’s played very little defense in high school. Mainly quarterback.

I don’t have an issue with it. But if we cannot bring in a lockdown corner, we are going to be screwed.
So I was getting ready to say I don't really hate this. Being projected by some scouts as an athlete means he's probably good enough to play wide receiver at certain schools. it's not a bad thing to have a defensive back with ball skills. we've had pretty good success converting players all the way back to Haden and Eli Williams.

We've already got a ton of four star talent back there. We need to get competent coaching. I'm not sure if this guy came from the San Diego Chargers is the guy though.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Saw that Rob Sale was doing an in-home visit with a PWO lineman in Tallahassee yesterday. That’s certainly time well spent.

I guess it’s possible that he’s so bad at recruiting, we’re just coming up with random things for him to do.
Well, he needs a lotta reps. If he does well with PWOs, he gets to move up to 3 star gems. It’s a process.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We've already got a ton of four star talent back there. We need to get competent coaching. I'm not sure if this guy came from the San Diego Chargers is the guy though.

He had very good results at Washington, statistically and in getting players drafted. Was that his coaching or great talent or both? I have no idea.

I remember Zook’s LB coach (Milller?) had Ray Lewis on his resume. Sure. I could coach Ray Lewis. But could he coach Travis Harris and Reid Fleming? Not so much. And he couldn’t find Brian Crum.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

That’s an OL recruiter’s highlight reel from the trail? We gettin err errbody.

If we lose Filsame and a couple more while adding PWOs and not having portal visitors, it’s going to sink in.

Miami staff was an embarrassment this season but not every game. I can see why Hayes would let it slide. It’s still a step up.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He was joking. This roster so far hasnt been improved at all and the class is falling.

The big challenge is: Does the remaining roster from last year improve? Will all those young guy reps last fall lead to big improvements? Can Jean & Mizell step into productive roles? Can Harris & Waits bolster the OL?

That’s the big plan with all the analysts etc. it’s go time.

Saving @soflagator a step..

Jerry Seinfeld Comedy GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.