Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can Harris & Waits bolster the OL?
Waites was better than George in October. Frankly I think he's better than our starting left tackle also, although that's not saying much.

Barber is perhaps good enough playing right tackle with tight end help, but he sure as hell is not an SEC left tackle. I will be real surprised if that changes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wilcoxson is terrible

Did you see Moten? My whole point is and has been that I’ll take a *4 S currently on campus and from Florida over a B10 reject. All day. At least a player in the system for a year or two has that going for them. It’s not just this case, and not just us. The portal has exposed the stupidity of both players and coaches who trade one pair of khaki Dockers for another and insist it’s going to be better somehow. I can tell you this, Meyer would’ve found a way to have Castell and Kamari Wilson on the field this year, knowing they’d take their lumps, but also knowing that talent eventually rises and next year we’d have a fantastic tandem. It’s about getting the 11 best players on the field together.

Yes, Billy, it’s 11.

Last edited:

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Well, he needs a lotta reps. If he does well with PWOs, he gets to move up to 3 star gems. It’s a process.

will-smith-uHpBfe.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see Moten? My whole point is and has been that I’ll take a *4 S currently on campus and from Florida over a B10 reject. All day. At least a player in the system for a year or two has that going for them. It’s not just this case, and not just us. The portal has exposed the stupidity of both players and coaches who trade one pair of khaki Dockers for another and insist it’s going to be better somehow. I can tell you this, Meyer would’ve found a way to have Castell and Kamari Wilson on the field this year, knowing they’d take their lumps, but also knowing that talent eventually rises and next year we’d have a fantastic tandem. It’s about getting the 11 best players on the field together.

Yes, Billy, it’s 11.
Yeah. That was the weirdest pickup. He sucked at Meatchicken.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, Billy, it’s 11.
1 2 3 Count GIF by Travis

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah. That was the weirdest pickup. He sucked at Meatchicken.

Ironic that he was signed to provide some seasoned depth and guidance for that young position group. Then on his very first play he gets sucked in by play action like an rookie and Utah goes right over his head for a bomb TD. Smh.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ironic that he was signed to provide some seasoned depth and guidance for that young position group. Then on his very first play he gets sucked in by play action like an rookie and Utah goes right over his head for a bomb TD. Smh.
That's for sure. That's all we heard in the off season after picking him up. And on that first play told you exactly what we needed to know. I just remember going WTF are you doing. It might have added depth, but that's about it. The quality sure was not.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Really good young man from good family. I believe missed a great deal of his senior season with injury. That said, he would have a chance to contribute in 2-3 years most likely. Beefing up the room is necessary, but obviously we need several guys that can come in and play now. Portal is the avenue, pretty much the only way this happens. Striking out so far is leading up to disaster I’m afraid.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Really good young man from good family. I believe missed a great deal of his senior season with injury. That said, he would have a chance to contribute in 2-3 years most likely. Beefing up the room is necessary, but obviously we need several guys that can come in and play now. Portal is the avenue is pretty much the only way this happens. Striking out so far is leading up to disaster I’m afraid.
There have been some (seemingly) really good OLs and DLs in the portal that have accepted to "lessor" programs in the SEC.

No movement with our coaches on either side of the ball.

Not Looking Good Oh No GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There have been some (seemingly) really good OLs and DLs in the portal that have accepted to "lessor" programs in the SEC.

No movement with coaches on either side.

Assessment is from “head scratching” ——-> “Incompetence” ———-> “Criminal Neglect”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

No movement with coaches on either side.

Dude, we are 3-5 SEC team. The only lesser team is Vandy.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dude, we are 3-5 SEC team. The only lesser team is Vandy.
Yes, but not sure that you are aware that it takes like forever and a day for reality to set in with the large majority of the transient Gators fan base. And then again, that time frame is probably not long enough. :stirpot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator