Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is ETN gone gone? Did not see that he committed elsewhere.

Good for us if we have better waiting to play.
Kirby probably told him to wait until the 3 RBs committed sign on the dotted line before committing.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If we're going to see more decommits, I would think it would be today since the dead period started for everyone except Alabama. The kids wouldn't have to worry about taking calls from our coaches.
Of course they could always just sign with another program without informing anybody anything.

I'll be sweating out this signing day like no other in quite a while. I'm sure the coaches will be also.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve had some good portal news the last 24 hours to soften some of the blow, but this hurts. Drops us to 10th on 247, and pretty much means we can’t lose anyone else(LJM, Hayes, Williams) and still finish inside the Top 10, assuming we add the Ark RB and the Athlete/S. If we lost 2 of those guys we’re 15-20 range, which is totally unacceptable.

I wouldn’t hold your breath . From what I heard on the in home visit with LJM Billy barged into the living room shouting my wallets gone ! My wallets gone ! Despite the fact no one in the home had left the living room during Billy’s visit . Probably not gonna happen.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve had some good portal news the last 24 hours to soften some of the blow, but this hurts. Drops us to 10th on 247, and pretty much means we can’t lose anyone else(LJM, Hayes, Williams) and still finish inside the Top 10, assuming we add the Ark RB and the Athlete/S. If we lost 2 of those guys we’re 15-20 range, which is totally unacceptable.
The upside is our average is still top 5. I'm okay with it as long as they make the right moves in the portal. The number of commits is low.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the things to account for is that only have room for a small class. This takes us down a notch against the classes of 25+. I want to keep Williams/Hayes for sure and I think LJ is solid, but mostly want to be top 5 with average player ranking.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If we're going to see more decommits, I would think it would be today since the dead period started for everyone except Alabama. The kids wouldn't have to worry about taking calls from our coaches.
Of course they could always just sign with another program without informing anybody anything.

I'll be sweating out this signing day like no other in quite a while. I'm sure the coaches will be also.

The only real flight risks are Williams and Hayes, both of whom are saying they’ll decide and announce at signing in Wed. But considering we tried doing and in-home last week and Hayes wasn’t there and went on an OV to um iver the final weekend, I’d put both at very high risks.

Haven’t heard anything on the WR who visited A&M. Supposedly he was with some teammates that are being offered and sort of sling for the ride. Hopefully that’s the case.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and rou…SCREEEEEE BOOOOOM!!
night crash GIF by Fargo

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of the things to account for is that only have room for a small class. This takes us down a notch against the classes of 25+.
If we were recruiting well enough to land some more top prospects we would process more of the current roster out to make room for them.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Rivals has us spiraling down at 13th overall now.

This won’t even be a top 15 class.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Is ETN gone gone? Did not see that he committed elsewhere.

Good for us if we have better waiting to play.
I don't understand the portal process as well as I should.

If a player "announces he has entered the portal", is that more like:

* he's wearing a parachute and has jumped from the plane, landing place TBD

or

* he's sitting in the lounge on a cruise ship saying: "I'll probably take my bags and leave the ship at the next port. [But maybe I won't.]"

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Rivals has us spiraling down at 13th overall now.

This won’t even be a top 15 class.

The Rivals rank has never been very good for us this year. I think we were tenth there when 247 had us at 3. But I do think there’s a real risk we are outside Top 15 even on 247. Said that a few weeks ago. DJ, LJ and the 2 LBs. Only ones that may have had immediate impact. This year in the field will determine his fate. And I’d expect our ‘25 class to be all but empty for a while.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

or

* he's sitting in the lounge on a cruise ship saying: "I'll probably take my bags and leave the ship at the next port. [But maybe I won't.]"
The players hope.

There are more than 1,000 players in the portal. They just hope to have a seat when the music stops.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
hayes is gone. has been for a while. not sure why we are still talking about him. filsame was gone by early nov as well, and we all knew that too.

when a girl you have a date with ghosts you and is out with another dude while you're knocking on her door and wondering why there's no answer, you dont leave her house thinking 3 days from then you guys are gonna make it facebook official.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

or

It means they are in the door waiting to jump when they see the LZ. But, the plane is still steerable back over the Gator LZ if they keep recruiting him ($->$$). With the way things are going I wouldnt sit on the Gator LZ looking up for ETN though.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
hayes is gone. has been for a while. not sure why we are still talking about him. filsame was gone by early nov as well, and we all knew that too.

when a girl you have a date with ghosts you and is out with another dude while you're knocking on her door and wondering why there's no answer, you dont leave her house thinking 3 days from then you guys are gonna make it facebook official.

T's mom is always "busy" you need to understand she isn't that into you....

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

or

In real life a player enters the portal, he has severed his relationship with his current team. If the player does not get offered he is out of football unless the previous team invites him back. Not sure how to equate this to planes, parachutes, ports and cruise ships.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Filsaime is a really good player. I think he’s relatively new to the safety position but he’s been a complete stud working it.

As for Hayes, I’m probably in the minority on this, but I don’t think he’s that good.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Filsaime is a really good player. I think he’s relatively new to the safety position but he’s been a complete stud working it.

As for Hayes, I’m probably in the minority on this, but I don’t think he’s that good.
good or not, he gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator