Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Filsaime is a really good player. I think he’s relatively new to the safety position but he’s been a complete stud working it.
Mehhhh.... if you asked me whether I wanted him or a top 200 OT or DT, I wouldnt have the slightest hesitation snatching up a lineman.

I agree, double mehhh on Hayes and its one of kur deepest positions.

Missing on OL--again, seems like every year since 2008 or something-- is the real problem.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Webb looks pretty solid behind Johnson. RB is not our issue.
Webb has been surprising to me. I didnt see much power out of him in HS and he looked like a load last year. And we havent even seen his spectacular receiving hands yet.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
law's right. we are all griping about the defections, but what we should be griping about is that once again, we have no offensive linemen worth a crap. now dont get me wrong, we'd be btching even if we did b/c they'd be decommitting too, but the point remains. and the point is, simple bill's amazing crootin is smoking mirrors for all intensive purposes, if that makes sense.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Not to fear, we just landed a second string DB from Oregon

Pro Wrestling Win GIF by Looney Tunes

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
hayes is gone. has been for a while. not sure why we are still talking about him. filsame was gone by early nov as well, and we all knew that too.

when a girl you have a date with ghosts you and is out with another dude while you're knocking on her door and wondering why there's no answer, you dont leave her house thinking 3 days from then you guys are gonna make it facebook official.

This is oddly specific :scratchchin:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Rivals rank has never been very good for us this year. I think we were tenth there when 247 had us at 3. But I do think there’s a real risk we are outside Top 15 even on 247. Said that a few weeks ago. DJ, LJ and the 2 LBs. Only ones that may have had immediate impact. This year in the field will determine his fate. And I’d expect our ‘25 class to be all but empty for a while.
Rivals bases their score off the top 25 players, UF currently has 19. We could move up quite a bit by adding a bunch of three stars, but I'd rather not. Star average is the key.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals bases their score off the top 25 players, UF currently has 19. We could move up quite a bit by adding a bunch of three stars, but I'd rather not. Star average is the key.
Yep. Was just looking at the current 247 ratings. We are at #10 currently and with 19 commits. We have a 91.05 player avg. If we went on strictly by that number we be at #4 just .14pts behind Bammer. Most of teams ahead of us are at 21-28 commits and their player rating are in the <91.
OKLA with 28
Nulls and Ducks with 23
Canes with 26
Texas with 22
We could as you say definitely move up. I have said all year my goal maybe not based on the ranking but having UF get the player avg over 92. We were above it until the "X" factor today. But I do think we move up when more commits hit. But just don't take lower stars for the sake of getting #'s. But damn sure work on the OL quality and depth.

I am not sure how the portal guys fit in the to ranking if at all. I might defer that to @GatorJ or @williston_gator on how they impact the ranking if at all and how.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Star average is the key.
No it isn't. Top 100ish players is. Gamechangers.

Star average is your excuse for the last two classes and you saw how that went. Plus they've watered down the star ranking so much that people going to the Sunbelt are sometimes 4 star these days.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I wonder if the dwags felt good about stealing Chauncey Bowens from us. He’s had an absolutely terrible senior year. We ended up getting Daniels who had an amazing senior year and skyrocketed. Bowens’ rating plummeted.
Could Bowens be that bad? Would be nice to have a big fast RB. Daniels listed at 185.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
law's right. we are all griping about the defections, but what we should be griping about is that once again, we have no offensive linemen worth a crap. now dont get me wrong, we'd be btching even if we did b/c they'd be decommitting too, but the point remains. and the point is, simple bill's amazing crootin is smoking mirrors for all intensive purposes, if that makes sense.
It's a line of scrimmage league. No linemen spells doom.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the dwags felt good about stealing Chauncey Bowens from us. He’s had an absolutely terrible senior year. We ended up getting Daniels who had an amazing senior year and skyrocketed. Bowens’ rating plummeted.

That baugh kid might be the most underrated rb in the class. If we land him, you have to really like our rb class.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only real flight risks are Williams and Hayes, both of whom are saying they’ll decide and announce at signing in Wed. But considering we tried doing and in-home last week and Hayes wasn’t there and went on an OV to um iver the final weekend, I’d put both at very high risks.

Haven’t heard anything on the WR who visited A&M. Supposedly he was with some teammates that are being offered and sort of sling for the ride. Hopefully that’s the case.
I'm pretty sure Williams posted a reaffirm tweet the other day. He's probably the most explosive receiver we have in the class. I expect him to play early.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No it isn't. Top 100ish players is. Gamechangers.

Star average is your excuse for the last two classes and you saw how that went. Plus they've watered down the star ranking so much that people going to the Sunbelt are sometimes 4 star these days.
When I scrolled through that 247 top 100 I got tired of counting all the Noles, Dawgs and Ducks....we have 4....but some would have you believe that our 3 and 4 stars outside of the top 200 or so are gonna make all the difference....I think our coaches have that same mindset yet they completely neglect the one position group who typically ends up there....offensive line. I've never seen anything like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator