Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll take it. Size and strength can’t be taught. Could turn out to be serviceable. Plus, as far from home as he is, at least there’s no closer school he could transfer back to if he gets homesick. Let’s see if we can get him admitted. Will tell us a lot about where we are as far as commitment to football.
I doubt admission will be a problem. Schools in Germany habe a reputation for being more rigorous than in the US. Or so I've heard from both a German college student and an American professor who used to teach in Germany.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I doubt admission will be a problem. Schools in Germany habe a reputation for being more rigorous than in the US. Or so I've heard from both a German college student and an American professor who used to teach in Germany.
Schools in Somalia are probably more rigorous. :whistle:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll take it. Size and strength can’t be taught. Could turn out to be serviceable. Plus, as far from home as he is, at least there’s no closer school he could transfer back to if he gets homesick. Let’s see if we can get him admitted. Will tell us a lot about where we are as far as commitment to football.
Plus everyone knows how renowned the Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns are at developing players.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m just going to throw this out there. As much as I like a lot of what Napier is doing recruiting wise, and appreciate the efforts, I also think we need to be constantly evaluating methods and approaches. Bottom line, what we’re doing is working to an extent but isn’t keeping pace with the names we need to be keeping pace with, and who he was specifically brought in to match. So I truly think it’s time(has been time) to drop some of the flash and get more into the substance of UF. The Lamborghini pics, videos of driving in Napier’s Maybach, etc. aren’t what we’ve ever been about and aren’t working to the extent we’d hoped. I’m a traditionalist by nature, but I’d be fine with it if they were. They simply don’t seem to be, and even gave Cristobal ammunition to mock us last year. I really think losing this kid to uga, just based on their determination to land him and selling him on all the reasons he should be a bill dog, emphasizes that. I’d like to see the staff change this approach and go back to what UF is all about and brings to the table. I know he didn’t sell flash at Louisiana, so let’s go back to what made him successful there and truly recreate that accomplishment here.

I agree SoFla.
Some of the activities are cutesy stuff that recruits say they love but doesn’t seem to cause any meaningful action.

In a way, it reminds me of how UF continues to emphasize its academic prowess to a bunch of young men who openly state their intentions to develop for the next level and then apply for the draft as juniors and that’s assuming that they don’t transfer after a single season.

Some will say that the parents respond to the academics but I have yet to see a single big play in any game made by one of the parents.

The Gatormade stuff is cute and makes everyone feel good but I don’t think that the 5 star guys are too excited about a trip to NYC or otherwise. Personally I find it somewhat frustrating that the UF athletics department believes that this part of their role.

I agree that an annual post analysis of each and every activity is a must with a willingness to admit that something isn’t working is essential.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Elite 11 kicked off this week. Here are some pretty cool stats on the camp from 247.

• 27 of 32 NFL starters in 2022 attended Elite 11 finals or regionals (84%)
  • 70 of 84 QBs on NFL rosters attended Elite 11 finals or regionals (83%)
  • 15 of last 16 QBs to win Heisman Trophy attended Elite 11 finals or regionals (only RGIII missed)
  • Last 12 QBs to go #1 overall in NFL Draft attended Elite 11 finals or regionals
  • 60-of-64 (94%) Power 5 starters in 2022 attended Elite 11 finals or region

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Elite 11 kicked off this week. Here is some pretty cool stats on the camp from 247.

• 27 of 32 NFL starters in 2022 attended Elite 11 finals or regionals (84%)
  • 70 of 84 QBs on NFL rosters attended Elite 11 finals or regionals (83%)
  • 15 of last 16 QBs to win Heisman Trophy attended Elite 11 finals or regionals (only RGIII missed)
  • Last 12 QBs to go #1 overall in NFL Draft attended Elite 11 finals or regionals
  • 60-of-64 (94%) Power 5 starters in 2022 attended Elite 11 finals or region
So what you're suggesting here is that the Elite 11 really is the elite :lol:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
This is consistent with his 7v7 Tournament performances this Spring. Really hope we get Simmons.

9. DJ Lagway (Florida commit) – It’s all about the upside with Lagway. The good was good while the bad was bad. In our eyes, he made one of the best throws of the entire event on a deep shot Thursday, but was picked off twice and failed to score a touchdown Friday. If Lagway can sync his feet with his upper body, the sky's the limit as he has proven to be dangerous as a runner.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is consistent with his 7v7 Tournament performances this Spring. Really hope we get Simmons.

9. DJ Lagway (Florida commit) – It’s all about the upside with Lagway. The good was good while the bad was bad. In our eyes, he made one of the best throws of the entire event on a deep shot Thursday, but was picked off twice and failed to score a touchdown Friday. If Lagway can sync his feet with his upper body, the sky's the limit as he has proven to be dangerous as a runner.
So Lagway is AR?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Bad footwork?

GIF by Groundhog Day

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.