Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It's our best class since Meyer left, by far.
Same for last class, at the time. This class will be more complete(QB/LBs), larger, and slightly higher rating value per player than the 2023. The 2023 DL class was strong even by muschamp standards, add the DBs, WRs, and a RB that seems pretty good already. If staff can do it again next cycle, we will be loaded for 2025.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Go ahead and pull up every post you can find since my famous post following the UK game and show us all how I'm some kind of gusher that's "back on the train". Show us all how I'm swinging from his nuts. Lay them all out, let's see them. I did pick us to beat USC, that's true - and we did. However, I pretty much always take UF to win (including this week).

Recruiting is how UF gets back on top, isn't it? It's our best class since Meyer left, by far. I don't see how anyone, even Billy's biggest haters, can't believe the future is significantly brighter.
Oh I'm excited for the talent coming in, but I'm also concerned about other areas. In this new age of free transfers and nil, a top class can evaporate quickly. Just ask Jimbo how his highest rated class in the history of football panned out. Half of them are gone only 1.5 seasons later. We need to start looking good against good teams if we want to keep those kids. If we do then I and the rest of the board will be very happy, if we don't, then us "dumps" will not be and you pumps will play the better fan card. That's how the gatorchatter message board works. It's tradition.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I'm excited for the talent coming in, but I'm also concerned about other areas. In this new age of free transfers and nil, a top class can evaporate quickly. Just ask Jimbo how his highest rated class in the history of football panned out. Half of them are gone only 1.5 seasons later. We need to start looking good against good teams if we want to keep those kids. If we do then I and the rest of the board will be very happy, if we don't, then us "dumps" will not be and you pumps will play the better fan card. That's how the gatorchatter message board works. It's tradition.
Being a "dump" is a choice. It's not that "pumps" really see things that much differently, they just don't whine about it incessantly.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Why so dumpy?
We're starting something like 11 freshman. UGA doesn't have a freshman on the depth chart. Victory isn't assured /s.
Mistakes are expected. Arkansas may be the last must win for proto-Napier . Play hard the next three, no critical mistakes, bone-head play calling or defensive schemes, even better win a couple. Have the team ready for the bowl game, close recruiting and the future's so bright I gotta wear shades. :lol:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This trash got 11 likes? Even my supposed friend @jaywalker72 stabs me in the back.

I can make just as big of an argument that people like yourself are desperately hoping to be right because you've sold your soul on the idea that Billy sucks. If UF loses to UGA this week, you'll be the first one crowing about how awful he is.
I didn’t even see the context of the discussion but I appreciated the clarity and honesty and I owed Durty a like.

I clearly have Current Status: Pumper on my profile so I am definitely in on Billy and am on Ox’s side.

This program was in Cousin Eddie’s ****ter on every single level. It was the most criminal desecration of resources. Napier is bringing everything back up so I will allow for some bumps in the road as he figures out every wrinkle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t even see the context of the discussion but I appreciated the clarity and honesty and I owed Durty a like.

I clearly have Current Status: Pumper on my profile so I am definitely in on Billy and am on Ox’s side.

This program was in Cousin Eddie’s ****ter on every single level. It was the most criminal desecration of resources. Napier is bringing everything back up so I will allow for some bumps in the road as he figures out every wrinkle.
Nice try. You're dead to me. 30 years of friendship down the tubes with that like.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why so dumpy?
We're starting something like 11 freshman. UGA doesn't have a freshman on the depth chart. Victory isn't assured /s.
Mistakes are expected. Arkansas may be the last must win for proto-Napier . Play hard the next three, no critical mistakes, bone-head play calling or defensive schemes, even better win a couple. Have the team ready for the bowl game, close recruiting and the future's so bright I gotta wear shades. :lol:
agree with all of that. and nowhere will you find me saying we need to win or that we will win this week. ive made posts saying i dont expect it and if we dont, it means nothing in terms of napier and where we are at. there are top ranked teams that have no shot against georgia right now. when i say "looking good against good teams" it doesn't mean win at this point, it means the same thing I've been saying for a year now - being competitive, disciplined and fundamentally sound on the field, and being competent, maybe even ingenuitive on the sideline. we've seen a bit of that lately, need to see more. if that makes me "dumpy" im fine with it. my outlook on the team and tater is directly proportional to the performance on the field from week to week.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Being a "dump" is a choice. It's not that "pumps" really see things that much differently, they just don't whine about it incessantly.
see, this is a good example of the better fan card being played. appreciate the assist.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Billy is building his program mixing Saban’s structure with Dabo’s culture. Only time will tell if he can become an elite coach. I hope so. He’s moving in the right direction.

To me, the potential benefit of an OC is more about Billy’s time and attention being better spent as CEO.

Beat Georgia.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
agree with all of that. and nowhere will you find me saying we need to win or that we will win this week. ive made posts saying i dont expect it and if we dont, it means nothing in terms of napier and where we are at. there are top ranked teams that have no shot against georgia right now. when i say "looking good against good teams" it doesn't mean win at this point, it means the same thing I've been saying for a year now - being competitive, disciplined and fundamentally sound on the field, and being competent, maybe even ingenuitive on the sideline. we've seen a bit of that lately, need to see more. if that makes me "dumpy" im fine with it. my outlook on the team and tater is directly proportional to the performance on the field from week to week.
The thing that makes you “dumpy” is calling him tater

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Beat Georgia.
All That What GIF by chelsiekenyon

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We will know in a few weeks if Napier is a keeper. Improvement is the key word.

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023

With the higher quality of player UF is getting in these classes, there will be more of a push from other CFB powers to steal these recruits going forward. Hopefully the staff is bringing their A-game in letting the players know how much they are needed and how UF can develop them all the way to the finish line.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
see, this is a good example of the better fan card being played. appreciate the assist.
I actually think it's the other way around. It's easier being a dumper, it takes less effort..is kinda lazy...waiting for something to go wrong and it always does. Then it's...see, I was right about the decision to hire this coach, the play calling should be this or that, I'm not being entertained like I want to be, you name it. The...see I knew it all along and how could you not...attitude, to me says, I'm the "better" fan. Fan is for fanatic so it's not good or bad, or good or better. Just personalities overall, some people are more optimistic. Or maybe it's just Gator football, it does try us :lol:.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

With the higher quality of player UF is getting in these classes, there will be more of a push from other CFB powers to steal these recruits going forward. Hopefully the staff is bringing their A-game in letting the players know how much they are needed and how UF can develop them all the way to the finish line.

I wish it was sleeting with two feet of snow already on the ground.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Do not let @soflagator see this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator