Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lets hope we impress. Could be crazy. A win would mean so much.

With all the talk of our current guys visiting elsewhere, crystal ball flip predictions, etc. this game could not be any more important. I don’t see any way we limp to the off-season and keep this momentum. Biggest game of Napier’s career.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
With all the talk of our current guys visiting elsewhere, crystal ball flip predictions, etc. this game could not be any more important. I don’t see any way we limp to the off-season and keep this momentum. Biggest game of Napier’s career.
Agreed. Didn't have to be, but is. Had we won the couple that slipped away, we'd be at 7, with the chance of 8 regardless of this weekend(Bowl game). There are a lot of recruits really impressed with fsu so to beat them will be big in their eyes. I think our offense could be good, so good that post game we ask why Brown wasn't playing more. We are 4-1 at home. Since we've seen Brown play, and play well last week, I think the pressure is on fsu's QB. Hope he stinks to high heaven.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I think he’s gone. He said UF isn’t winning, executing on defense, or developing.
Another DL gone?

He wants to win, execute and develop?

Donald Trump GIF

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When recruits are bailing like this, it's probably because they already know something. None of which is good for Napier. If he can't keep recruits, the mountain he has to climb to save himself only gets higher. Just feels like a matter of time now.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
When recruits are bailing like this, it's probably because they already know something. None of which is good for Napier.
Negative recruiting. I'm sure opposing coaches are telling recruits BN and or DC are on their way out. Plus, the defense looks horendous.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to sell recruits on anything when your future with the program is in doubt.
Hurry Up Countdown GIF by Escape Hunt UK

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think he’s gone. He said UF isn’t winning, executing on defense, or developing.

To me, he’s been gone the longest of the recent defections. He was visiting OhSt back in mid Oct, and I’ve seen at least one “mock class” in another site that hasn’t had him in there in weeks. Think it’s just a formality from here.

My “clinging to Top 10” comment may have been generous at this point. You also still have XF taking a midweek visit to Texas with his dad a few days ago, and stating he’s not ruled out an OV there. As I’ve said, you can’t get away with this in year 2. Not when you’re trying to compete with the Day, Saban, Smart types. As much as AW is saying those words, you have to know he’s simply parroting what recruiters have been telling him, and to be honest, we have no counter argument. The fact is, while those guys are all great recruiters, none of them have ever had a 6 win season(much less 2) while doing it. It doesn’t work and was a failed concept from the beginning, especially when a good chunk of the kids you’re pursuing are out of state with no natural ties ti Florida. It sucks, but there’s a very real chance that this class ends up being worse than Mullen’s third class, which is insane to even consider.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To me, he’s been gone the longest of the recent defections. He was visiting OhSt back in mid Oct, and I’ve seen at least one “mock class” in another site that hasn’t had him in there in weeks. Think it’s just a formality from here.

My “clinging to Top 10” comment may have been generous at this point. You also still have XF taking a midweek visit to Texas with his dad a few days ago, and stating he’s not ruled out an OV there. As I’ve said, you can’t get away with this in year 2. Not when you’re trying to compete with the Day, Saban, Smart types. As much as AW is saying those words, you have to know he’s simply parroting what recruiters have been telling him, and to be honest, we have no counter argument. The fact is, while those guys are all great recruiters, none of them have ever had a 6 win season(much less 2) while doing it. It doesn’t work and was a failed concept from the beginning, especially when a good chunk of the kids you’re pursuing are out of state with no natural ties ti Florida. It sucks, but there’s a very real chance that this class ends up being worse than Mullen’s third class, which is insane to even consider.
I'm gonna spin it the other way. We have dealyn Evans visiting this weekend. The Swamp is gonna electric Saturday night. Filsiame is gonna be in town as well. An upset win here could cause a nice wave of positive momentum. There's a few players that might be getable if we could create a little excitement. Borieau, Evans, mincey and Baugh would probably swing this class back into the top 5

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm gonna spin it the other way. We have dealyn Evans visiting this weekend. The Swamp is gonna electric Saturday night. Filsiame is gonna be in town as well. An upset win here could cause a nice wave of positive momentum. There's a few players that might be getable if we could create a little excitement. Borieau, Evans, minced and Baugh would probably swing this class back into the top 5

I’m hoping for your version of things.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ryan Day is being rumored to TA&M. Whether that happens or not is yet to be seen, but it will affect NSD.

Some of these kids may realize that their future position coach will be gone too.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ryan Day is being rumored to TA&M. Whether that happens or not is yet to be seen, but it will affect NSD.

Some of these kids may realize that their future position coach will be gone too.
That would be an insane move. aTm is a middling and largely irrelevant program and always will be. And so much for bjork's BS about wanting a CEO type, not a detailed Xs and Os and playcaller who spends countless hrs in the film room lol.

I highly doubt any of those reports.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That would be an insane move. aTm is a middling and largely irrelevant program and always will be. And so much for bjork's BS about wanting a CEO type, not a detailed Xs and Os and playcaller who spends countless hrs in the film room lol.

I highly doubt any of those reports.
Get a guaranteed contract for over $100m? Yeah, Day would be an idiot to take that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator