Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Screw this. Napier is too slow for this job both on and off the field. It looks like he's allowed the new class to dissolve and our stars and also-rans are jumping into the portal. At this point I don't see any way out other than to let him go ASAP. No hard feelings, he sold Stricklin a bill of goods and came up snake-eyes; he just cannot deliver us a winner and we don't have time to develop this $7-Mil a year coach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Filsaime to Texas. If we're honest, it was probably a very easy sell.

I’d like to think our coaches could point out that Texas DB coach, Blake Gideon, pictured there could’ve saved the game against Texas Tech in ‘08 but dropped an interception that was thrown right to him on the last few plays before the Crabtree touchdown, costing them a shot at the title. But no, we probably talked about visiting group homes and reading to the blind.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Screw this. Napier is too slow for this job both on and off the field. It looks like he's allowed the new class to dissolve and our stars and also-rans are jumping into the portal. At this point I don't see any way out other than to let him go ASAP. No hard feelings, he sold Stricklin a bill of goods and came up snake-eyes; he just cannot deliver us a winner and we don't have time to develop this $7-Mil a year coach.

the-office-robert-california.gif

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Auburn thinks McCray is a guaranteed flip to them. I'd love to know the goings on behind the scenes. But, our beat writers are to scared to write that stuff now. They'll wait until Napier is gone and the damage is done.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Auburn thinks McCray is a guaranteed flip to them. I'd love to know the goings on behind the scenes. But, our beat writers are to scared to write that stuff now. They'll wait until Napier is gone and the damage is done.
If/when this happens and the class slips down past 20, what’s left for BN to hang his hat on? He lost 5 straight games, lost half of HIS first recruiting class to the portal, fired two assistants but retained his buddies, had a top three recruiting class literally disintegrate before our very eyes in days and drag his feet on his procEd’s in every facet of football operations. I don’t care how immature or ill advised it is, fire Strickland,Foley and Napier immediately. This is the worst run P5 program in recent memory. UF Football is a joke a punchline and it gets worse every single day.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tater clearly wants out ASAP. It’s the only explanation for firing coaches early and slow playing top recruits. He’s hoping to get canned after the class implodes. And it needs to happen sooner than later, but we all know the UAA does not care.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I'm stunned.
Every morning we lose another player or recruit. WTF???

I'm of the opinion, Napier is indeed ready to take the buyout.
He's checked out. He may be slumped over in a corner of his office blowing into a paper bag, having a panic attack.
Like Urban in 2010, he know's, he can't fix it.

At this point, we should be in some secured location, locked in a room with his agent, re-negotiating the "buy out".

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Filsame to Texas has been a known thing on the web for over a month. I posted about it before the season ended where insiders where saying he's gone, he's just waiting to the end to announce it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We watched Sharkhumper and Dopey Dan sabotage things to get their buyout and move on. So, it isn’t out of the realm of possibility Napier is doing that now. I'm beginning to lean that way.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We watched Sharkhumper and Dopey Dan sabotage things to get their buyout and move on. So, it isn’t out of the realm of possibility Napier is doing that now. I'm beginning to lean that way.

And once again, we will have a coach that has essentially quit and is willing to do whatever he can to leave UF. The optics are that this is a terrible job that people run from within months of being hired. The reality is we keep hiring bumbling idiots. Fortunately, for us, the national media completely flipped on him as early as late last year. If he were fired today, I don’t think a single talking head would have an issue with it. So there’s at least that.

Last edited:

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish we had the balls to go with you fuched this up so bad it’s negligence, and not pay the buyout, or a significant reduction.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wish we had the balls to go with you fuched this up so bad it’s negligence, and not pay the buyout, or a significant reduction.

It will never happen, but I fully agree. Send a very clear message. If you come in, do your best, make logical decisions that just don’t pan out, we will part as friends. Come in and go completely unorthodox in a variety of ways against better judgment, act like an act like a moron and stick to your guns despite mounting failures, we will throw you a Harry’s gift card on your way out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I find it very convenient that he has a massive buyout and he moves at a snails pace on and off the field.

GatorGriff

May 29, 2015
247 is reporting that Armstrong did visit Filsaime yesterday. Apparently Napier is saving his in home visit for next week with the DB coach hire being wrapped up. I don't know if I actually believe that last part though but we'll see.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
If/when this happens and the class slips down past 20, what’s left for BN to hang his hat on? He lost 5 straight games, lost half of HIS first recruiting class to the portal, fired two assistants but retained his buddies, had a top three recruiting class literally disintegrate before our very eyes in days and drag his feet on his procEd’s in every facet of football operations. I don’t care how immature or ill advised it is, fire Strickland,Foley and Napier immediately. This is the worst run P5 program in recent memory. UF Football is a joke a punchline and it gets worse every single day.
Yeah if the class falls apart fire Billy now and then make Meyer and Washington's coach say no. If they pass then go after lane kiffin. Jedd fisch can be the 3rd string option along with chadwell.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
And once again, we will have a coach that has essentially quit and is willing to do whatever he can to leave UF. The optics are that this is a terrible job that people run from within months of being hired. The reality is we keep hiring bumbling idiots. Fortunately, for us, the national media completely flipped on him as early as late last year. If he were fired today, I don’t think a single talking head would have an issue with it. So there’s at least that.
That is what was so striking. The media begged us to give the last 3 more time despite the program being on fire at those points, and all the ones I see have basically said Napier is a dumpster fire and we should move on.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
He can hang his hat on $30+ million dollars. One of the greatest con men ever...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice recruiting weekend. Some much needed prospects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator