Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I'm done.
I hate these threads where two guys go back and forth all damned night.
Over some stupid post that wasn't clear enough, or some perceived insult

Ya'll go back to the Billy Love fest.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm done.
I hate these threads where two guys go back and forth all damned night.
Over some stupid post that wasn't clear enough, or some perceived insult

Ya'll go back to the Billy Love fest.
Fah I Win GIF by Foil Arms and Hog

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Most of the offense Anthony ran was completely different from what Mertz ran. Now Invision Lagway completing the easy passes Anthony sh!t the bed on. That in turn will open up the deeper stuff. Talent matters DJ just has to prove he has it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most of the offense Anthony ran was completely different from what Mertz ran. Now Invision Lagway completing the easy passes Anthony sh!t the bed on. That in turn will open up the deeper stuff. Talent matters DJ just has to prove he has it.
DJ gets both offenses.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I'm not saying Lagway is gonna roll in here and start right away.
I'm saying he'll play.
Listen to his words. If he didn't believe he had a shot at getting on the field this year, he wouldn't say what he's said, moreover, he wouldn't even be here.

A healthy Mertz is probably going to get the vast majority of snaps. But I'm saying Lagway will see the field, you're saying he'll see zero snaps.

Are you really so retarded to think that a player like Lagway wouldn't have even a handful of plays he could be put on the field for?
They can come up with good scripted plays for the first drive, but can't figure out how to come up with 3 or 4 plays for a talent like Lagway....think about what you're saying before you post.
In his first season we all thought we had a once in a generation QB to leverage! That was frustrating wasn't it? Most of us thought it was more AR challenges not BN ineptness. This past season the ineptness was clearly in the design and the playcalling. Lagway needs to play a lot next season but if you are asking what faith I have in BN to design something comparable to what Mullen did with Tebow I'm just going to disagree. The suckage isn't going to stop because of the overwhelming talent of a true freshman QB.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In his first season we all thought we had a once in a generation QB to leverage! That was frustrating wasn't it? Most of us thought it was more AR challenges not BN ineptness. This past season the ineptness was clearly in the design and the playcalling. Lagway needs to play a lot next season but if you are asking what faith I have in BN to design something comparable to what Mullen did with Tebow I'm just going to disagree. The suckage isn't going to stop because of the overwhelming talent of a true freshman QB.
Yes Lagway needs to play a lot, but Karl's offense along with his play calling in his 2 years here is built for the average, game managing QB, which is why Fred Mertz had decent numbers. Tony did not have big numbers because he was too stubborn to utilize his strengths or Karl was too stubborn to revamp to make use of those strengths. My guess is it was a combo of the two. Bama practically revamp it's offense mid season to try and salvage their sinking ship and make something work and for the most part it did. Fred Mertz had decent numbers b/c he knew how deficient the team was and where and he took what he had. For a QB to be tremendously successful in Karl's offense as it is currently utilized, you need superior talent on the O Line and at WR's and TE's. We have no where near that. So it is incumbent on Karl to change to fit who he plays, which he has shown no interest in doing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yes Lagway needs to play a lot, but Karl's offense along with his play calling in his 2 years here is built for the average, game managing QB, which is why Fred Mertz had decent numbers. Tony did not have big numbers because he was too stubborn to utilize his strengths or Karl was too stubborn to revamp to make use of those strengths. My guess is it was a combo of the two. Bama practically revamp it's offense mid season to try and salvage their sinking ship and make something work and for the most part it did. Fred Mertz had decent numbers b/c he knew how deficient the team was and where and he took what he had. For a QB to be tremendously successful in Karl's offense as it is currently utilized, you need superior talent on the O Line and at WR's and TE's. We have no where near that. So it is incumbent on Karl to change to fit who he plays, which he has shown no interest to do.
You misspelled ability.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The suckage isn't going to stop because of the overwhelming talent of a true freshman QB.
I've seen talented QB's make sh!tty teams and sh!tty coaches look damn good a thousand times over the years. There's a reason why it's the most important position in sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.