Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He’s been told that he’ll have an opportunity to try out for quarterback, but the expectation is that he will play receiver.

Either position works for me, I just feel that CJ is the type of person we need in the program for multiple reasons.
On the flip side, imagine watching him perform at a rival school.

We must get him to UF.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Either position works for me, I just feel that CJ is the type of person we need in the program for multiple reasons.
On the flip side, imagine watching him perform at a rival school.

We must get him to UF.
I agree. Get him here so the next coach has something to work with between him and DJ.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot has been said in this thread about how CBN is no better a recruiter than Mullen. I'm not buying it. Mullen recruited reaches that bolstered his rankings. For example the 2019 class had CB Chris Steele, LB Diwun Black and QB Jalen Jones which never made it on the fall roster.

I feel much better about the likes of Lagway (#1 QB), McCray (#1 DL), and LB's Graham/Chiles who all seem to bleeding orange and blue and are at key positions on the field. Additionally Lagway, Graham and McCray are early enrollees. I like this class way more than any CDM class. Only hope Nape figures out how to use/keep them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A lot has been said in this thread about how CBN is no better a recruiter than Mullen. I'm not buying it. Mullen recruited reaches that bolstered his rankings. For example the 2019 class had CB Chris Steele, LB Diwun Black and QB Jalen Jones which never made it on the fall roster.

I feel much better about the likes of Lagway (#1 QB), McCray (#1 DL), and LB's Graham/Chiles who all seem to bleeding orange and blue and are at key positions on the field. Additionally Lagway, Graham and McCray are early enrollees. I like this class way more than any CDM class. Only hope Nape figures out how to use/keep them.

You know this argument, is kind of like the argument people made when people who argue that Mullen's classes were better than Butters while forgetting that a third of Mullens first two classes never made fall practice. Napier has more resources applied to the program than any UF coach has in two decades (quite possibly since Pell). The fact that is an argument that is still plausible is an indication that he is under preforming with the resources that he has been given in this regard.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know this argument, is kind of like the argument people made when people who argue that Mullen's classes were better than Butters while forgetting that a third of Mullens first two classes never made fall practice. Napier has more resources applied to the program than any UF coach has in two decades (quite possibly since Pell). The fact that is an argument that is still plausible is an indication that he is under preforming with the resources that he has been given in this regard.
I think you’re right. But I do still think he is a significantly better recruiter than Mullen. Does he do better than Mullen with players? Obviously no. He’s not winning crap.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you’re right. But I do still think he is a significantly better recruiter than Mullen. Does he do better than Mullen with players? Obviously no. He’s not winning crap.
Dan was lazy. I despise him for that. I like that Billy is a tireless worker on the trail. Just wish he would adapt his coaching strategies.

TXgators

Nov 11, 2023
Dan was lazy. I despise him for that. I like that Billy is a tireless worker on the trail. Just wish he would adapt his coaching strategies.
If BN cannot win at least Mizz, Kentucky, SC, Ten, and Vandy, this argument is useless. Without win over those teams, MuLLLLLLLLLen and BiLLLLLLLLy are not much different. I even don't accept nail-biting wins over those teams :)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is better than Mullen. Isn't that like saying you are taller than Urg. It's a low bar. The fact we have had four staffs struggle with recruiting at UF the way we have, it's embarrassing.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He is way better recruiter than Dan. We would probably all be feeling a lot better about all of this had we not stunk it up on the field for two years. This class, and last year's class would probably be much better. But he stunk it up on the field for two years, which is why this class is marginally better than any of Mullen's classes. Billy had the momentum and started his tenure off great with that Utah win...all down hill from there. Admire the hard work in the recruiting side but he has sabotaged himself with the football side.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I think most would agree about the early results, but the problem is the high talent hasn't ended up panning out as thought so far, or have transferred. Adjusting for those numbers just like mullens were adjusted for all the failure to qualify or transfer leaves us with essentially the same rankings, and some even a little worse. Numbers are what they are unfortunately.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
He is way better recruiter than Dan. We would probably all be feeling a lot better about all of this had we not stunk it up on the field for two years. This class, and last year's class would probably be much better. But he stunk it up on the field for two years, which is why this class is marginally better than any of Mullen's classes. Billy had the momentum and started his tenure off great with that Utah win...all down hill from there. Admire the hard work in the recruiting side but he has sabotaged himself with the football side.
That's the way I see it. Hard headed? Pride and ego trying to prove... something? Whatever, but seems like he cannot get out of his own way. I hope he's not experiencing sleepless nights trying to figure it out because it's not complicated.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Full enough, Sling Billy is waiting to see how many scholarships he's losing to the upcoming NCAA sanctions.
Catch me up. Does the investigation center around Rashada supposedly being offered millions? Makes no sense to me that a poorly funded NIL organization could have or would have floated that amount. To date, the kid is a bust, right? And as far as we know, our staff had nothing to do with it, correct? Hard to believe, if that's what is at issue, that kid and scUM's chief financial officer Ruiz could screw us so much. The other thing is, I don't want any more excuses: "we're young", "we lost scholarships".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator