Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Catch me up. Does the investigation center around Rashada supposedly being offered millions? Makes no sense to me that a poorly funded NIL organization could have or would have floated that amount. To date, the kid is a bust, right? And as far as we know, our staff had nothing to do with it, correct? Hard to believe, if that's what is at issue, that kid and scUM's chief financial officer Ruiz could screw us so much. The other thing is, I don't want any more excuses: "we're young", "we lost scholarships".
I'm sure it will be found one of Billy's Army drove him to the collective office, bought him lunch and a hair pick and we will lose 5 schollys. :spank:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'm sure it will be found one of Billy's Army drove him to the collective office, bought him lunch and a hair pick and we will lose 5 schollys. :spank:
Don't expect much to come out of that NCAA investigation. It was political payback from the NCAA president against Florida's governor Ron DeSantis, for sending about 50 illegal aliens to Martha's Vineyard 2 yrs ago.

Last edited:

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Yes. Get him in the weight room, he’ll do well. High character kid.

75c7030e-247b-462c-8167-13d727c63596_text.gif

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Saw some updated rankings from ESPN this morning.

1. UGA

2. BAMA

3. OSU

4. Oregon

5. Texas

6. Canes

7. LSU

8. Oklahoma

9. Auburn

10. Florida - Up 5 spots with updated player rankings

ESPN 300 commits: 10 | Previous ranking: 15

SEC rank: 7 of 16
Top offensive commit: QB D.J. Lagway (No. 8)
Top defensive commit: DE L.J. McCray (No. 10)

The Gators lost one of the top QBs late in the 2023 cycle but have scored big for 2024, landing five-star D.J. Lagway out of Texas. A tough, competitive player who can run well and create, he also has a smooth, compact release as a passer. At the RB position they signed ESPN 300 Kahnen Daniels who is coming off a big senior year where he rushed for over 2,700 yards and they also won a recruiting battle late for former Arkansas commit Jadan Baugh.

Defensively, the Gators have made some potentially impactful additions. Senior riser L.J. McCray gives the Gators a DL with wonderful length and explosiveness and he has tallied double-digit sacks over the last two seasons and still possesses a lot of physical upside. ESPN 300 LB Myles Graham, who has an explosive closing burst, joins him, and the Gators also added one of top ILB prospects in Aaron Chiles, who has good football instincts and can be a reliable tackler.

11. Penn State

12. Notre Dame

13. F$U

14. TN

15. Clemson

16. Michigan

17. South Carolina

18. Ole Miss

19. USC

20. TA&M

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We’re 7th in 247’s current average player ranking. That’s despite being way under others’ rating of D’Antre Robinson. On3 puts us 6th in per player ranking.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
That is improvement but the way the system is now, there are an eternity of potential issues between them and the field. Or even our field, for that matter.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We need to be top 5+ consistently. But top 10 with an elite QB and pass rusher could be promising if the rest bear out decently.
Even in an only 10th ranked class the game-changing pieces can be there. A few DTs, OL, QB, RB, WR. Thinking Tebow, Pounceys, Harvin. Of course, a staff has to know how to coach them up and scheme.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes - but please note the Tebow/Harvin class was #2, the Pouncey class was #1.
Right. Didn't mean to say it can be done in a single class. Clemson ascended without top 5 classes I believe. Need a handful every class that turn out to make a big difference on the field. Easier said than done but that's what it takes. I hope Simple can make some strides in his pass game coordination. The horizontal routes are just lazy.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Right. Didn't mean to say it can be done in a single class. Clemson ascended without top 5 classes I believe. Need a handful every class that turn out to make a big difference on the field. Easier said than done but that's what it takes. I hope Simple can make some strides in his pass game coordination. The horizontal routes are just lazy.
True. Clemson has won championships by hitting big on great QBs and DEs, while building a very solid team around them plus a very healthy team and program culture.

Michigan just managed to win without being top 3, too. But those top 3 are usually in it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t have a huge issue with horizontal routes. If you look at Patrick Mahomes, the majority of his passes are horizontal. In fact, the majority of passes in football today are horizontal routes.

My biggest issue with Napier is him making play calls because he does not have a feel for it. The timing of certain play calls completely kills the momentum of the offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t have a huge issue with horizontal routes. If you look at Patrick Mahomes, the majority of his passes are horizontal. In fact, the majority of passes in football today are horizontal routes.
They work great at the right time, which is when the defense is backed up and the corners are soft, basically the defense we play. You can gash a team with that. SOS killed people with it. UM did the opposite, occasionally hitting the deep route when they creeped up to close, but you must have an OL that holds long enough for that to happen.

Every defense plays us very tight, because we are run focused and throw sideways. Why wouldnt they?

I didn't see much sideways schiff in the ULL videos I've seen, though those were unfortunately highlights and not total game. It could be that they just cutout those passes. But I doubt it. We didnt throw them in 2022 either, when the downfield passing game looked like ULL with Levi Lewis. I swear this is leftover Mullen crap that Billy G must have pimped.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They work great at the right time, which is when the defense is backed up and the corners are soft, basically what we play, you can gash a team with that. SOS killed people with it. UM did the opposite, occasionally hitting the deep route when they creeped up to close, but you must have an OL that holds long enough for that to happen.

Every defense plays us very tight, because we are run focused. It happens to be a great defense for sideways passes too.

I didn't see much sideways schiff in the ULL videos I've seen, though those were unfortunately highlights not total game. It could be that they just cutout those passes. But I doubt it. We didnt throw them in 2022 either, when the downfield passing game looked like ULL with Levi Lewis. I swear this is leftover Mullen crap that Billy G must have pimped.
College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.