Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Making it up as we go. That's literally his process. Just do whatever we think we should do, when we think we should do it. If you get me.
billy-napier-gators.gif

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Odom and Mihalek I get. That's in their best interest. Odom won't get time with our current crop and even though Smack choked a bit in that last 2 games, he is still the better kicker.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We were top5 in the country as far as having most players transfer out. So 45-50transfers in 2 years is disastrous. I just don't understand what we're doing here
It's like with auto repair T....There are guys and shops who know how to fix your car the first or maybe second time you take it in. Then there are "parts changers" who just start changing parts until they HOPE to get it fixed without knowing anything about your brand or model of car....

I was OK with mass transfers LAST year and I'm OK with some happening this year but how about doing some "dianostics" and repairs(actually coaching) before putting serviceable parts into the recycle bin....

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think you’re missing anything. That’s the way it worked for me when I played and coached and I agree that I don’t know how the staff watches the film with the position groups each week and says to the effect “Hell, we’re getting our asses beat with this poor play and effort and it’ll probably end up getting me fired…Shoot, let’s give ‘em another chance!” Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Makes absolutely no football sense. Yet, here we sit at 5-6 and the message post-game has been about “trust” and “like this team.” :dunno: I just don’t get it.

Speaking strictly defense, and I know this will be hurtful to some, but UGA is the gold standard. You might say “well, they ought to be, they’ve got the best talent in CFB!” But it goes much deeper than that. If you’ve only watched them in our game, what you saw was a very physical team that was not only deep, but extremely sound fundamentally, and very rarely out of position. They knew and executed their assignments with precision and toughness. Their staff was all on the same page. They play winning defensive football and make you have to execute your offense to perfection if you want to have a chance. This is how Kirby was coached in high school and he advanced his philosophy even further working under Saban. It saddens me to say, particularly having seen the great Gator defenses over the years, but we are currently nowhere close. This must change.

I agree completely with your comments and assessment of UGA. I don’t know how anyone could be offended by your statement unless they live in some fantasy world that excludes reality.

The scary part is that many believe that better players at Florida will solve the problem and we will catch UGA when the reality is that better players will only expose the broader problems within the program that don’t seem to be a concern internally.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I have come to believe that coaches who want a multi million dollar ride regardless of resume are who we have hired. Stay a couple years, get fired for record, no repercussions, and retire for life...am I wrong?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know it’s still only Monday. But so far the backup kicker and backup backup tight end have entered with no more decommitents. I hate to be positive in such a great avalanche of negativity, but I was expecting way worse by now. Anyone else?

Someone please enlighten me…
Season is over, why haven’t more declared to enter or decommitted?
What would they be waiting on?

I still want to keep the likes of EW3 and ET7, and add the Lagway, Graham, and LJ types.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know it’s still only Monday. But so far the backup kicker and backup backup tight end have entered with no more decommitents. I hate to be positive in such a great avalanche of negativity, but I was expecting way worse by now. Anyone else?

Someone please enlighten me…
Season is over, why haven’t more declared to enter or decommitted?
What would they be waiting on?

I still want to keep the likes of EW3 and ET7, and add the Lagway, Graham, and LJ types.
Although a lot of people are predicting it to be crazy, I do not expect it to be. Mainly because of NIL. I think a lot of kids are getting a nice little check, so there’s not a lot of incentive to look around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.