Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
ETN’s loss is pretty bad, especially the optics of being one of Billy’s first guys. But blaming everything but him for his poor pass pro is silly. Johnson and Webb seemed much better with same scheme and coaching. I bet Carroll will put a hat on someone’s azz.

As it’s been mentioned, the dwags have a load load of high 4 and 5 stars on their roster. If he wants to be a true feature RB1, it will be a bad choice for the young man.
Yeah, I'm not sure why Kirby would waste a scholly on Etienne. Seriously, He's already stacked with 4 and 5 star talent at RB.
Given what Etienne has put on film, I just don't get it.
Yes, he's very talented and yes he is an outstanding RB.
But, We've all seen that "special" RB that makes huge game changing plays, that stand out on film. Pierce comes to mind as the most recent.

Personally, I don't think his top end speed, is elite.
I may be proven wrong.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure why Kirby would waste a scholly on Etienne. Seriously, He's already stacked with 4 and 5 star talent at RB.
But, We've all seen that "special" RB that makes huge game changing plays, that stand out on film. Pierce comes to mind as the most recent.

I may be proven wrong.
If Kirby wants to waste a scholarship on Etienne, it's because he hates the Gators and wants to screw us in any and every type of way imaginable (see HBC and Urbs).

Btw, fuch the dawgs.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Gator fans talking point #1 "Billy needs go to now with every position coach with him. Don't wait until next year when its 100% going to happen"

Gator fans talking point #2 " What the fuch is he doing. It looks like absolutely nothing, kids are decommitting and quality transfers don't want to even visit".
He could have saved himself from all of this by pulling out 2 of the 3 wins that were within his grasp.
He didn't and it's all falling apart.
During these times I just sit back and watch, knowing I have no control over what is happening.

Meanwhile we have poster that haven't posted since the last crisis come here with a blow by blow of everything thing bad that's happening, and act surprised he cant turn it around, while dogging every single aspect of our program including the players in it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
a lot of our rivals seem to be using the portal to jettison low hanging fruit and upgrade at specific positions.

bunch of amateurs....

billy is doing the opposite; 2024 gonna be lit!
Fun Whatever GIF by GoonsofBalatroon

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

This is a fireable offense. How are we losing so many players? And our very best ones. Last off-season we lost linemen to the portal and the season before that our best linebacker. We can not rise to the level of Ole Piss if we keep losing quality players at this rate. It's not sustainable. Billy could bring in the #1 class in the nation but if half of the super froshes transfer by their junior year, we'll always be a young, weak, inexperienced team. This Billy Taggert guy is a total BOZO. I'm done for reals.

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
He could have saved himself from all of this by pulling out 2 of the 3 wins that were within his grasp.
This right here is the Truth. No kids want to play for a loser. Billy, while kind and folksy, is a loser. If he had just pulled off the victory over FSU, we be going bowling and ETN likely would have stuck around. Not many can take the ribbing of being such a consistent loser. Look how our coach got punked at a high school in LA? He's an embarrassment.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Who are our 17? Who’s on the list?

How many more are we expecting to go?

So now we have to fill the out going Senior spots, bring our levels up with freshmen coming in and backfill our transfers?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If Kirby wants to waste a scholarship on Etienne, it's because he hates the Gators and wants to screw us in any and every type of way imaginable (see HBC and Urbs).

Btw, fuch the dawgs.
I noticed in the SEC Champ Game that two of Bama's best contributors were transfers from the Dwags. They balled out against their former teams (where I'm sure they felt under appreciated or they wouldn't have transferred.). They gave that extra special effort against their former team and helped bring home the Trophy. And talked a ton of sh!t toward their former teammates/coaches.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Who are our 17? Who’s on the list?

How many more are we expecting to go?

So now we have to fill the out going Senior spots, bring our levels up with freshmen coming in and backfill our transfers?
We should but it looks like we aren’t doing ****.

Other teams are upgrading and we’ll try to put a team of cast offs on the field.

If I ever have the misfortune of running into Foley or Stricklin at a restaurant I’m going to spit in their food. Why not? They’ve been taking a dump on us for years….

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think he’s just quit in every way excepting termination. Just like Mullen and shark boy.

Thanks Scotty!!!
This might be the case. Rumors are probably swirling that he is done. Sure hope they are smart enough to fire Strichnine first.

I keep waiting to hear which OL coach is getting sh!t canned. Easily one of the worst units on the team with super poor recruiting, yet no firings announced? Strange, indeed.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
This might be the case. Rumors are probably swirling that he is done. Sure hope they are smart enough to fire Strichnine first.

I keep waiting to hear which OL coach is getting sh!t canned. Easily one of the worst units on the team with super poor recruiting, yet no firings announced? Strange, indeed.
Spurrier and Meyer didn’t have “buddies” on staff that they protected despite poor results.

This era requires fast and ruthless decisions that Napier is not capable of making.

We’re all just sitting here watching it all burn down while competent programs run circles around us and dance on the ashes.

ted

Aug 24, 2019

I may be proven wrong.
He’s wasting a scholly so that in late October, Kirby can make sure ETN has 200 against us as they beat us by 35. No need to have a RB that is proficient at pass pro when you play UF, D can’t tackle or rush the passer.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are so f vcking f vcked it's not even funny....oh well I've always loved fishing in the fall and there's always plenty of yard work to catch up on. I'm just not sure I'll be able to bring myself to watch any of this sh!t show next year....

Thanks for killing a 40 plus year tradition Stricklin/Napier...
Let’s get one thing right . They are referred to as the following:sunbelt Billy or Billy Bob . Scottie or the closeted homosexual .

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Was about to transfer myself until I received this game changing booster gift package now I’m good for another year
IMG_0905.jpeg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah, I keep bring this up myself. The Oline in my opinion was the second worst performing group on the team just behind the DB's...It would have seemed that they would have been the obvious choice for the second firing.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Yeah, I keep bring this up myself. The Oline in my opinion was the second worst performing group on the team just behind the DB's...It would have seemed that they would have been the obvious choice for the second firing.
If we have learned anything from our recent football coaches, you never fire your friends. Even if you lose games, players and recruit’s…..never fire your buddies

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.