Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I still think Billy Bob dimwit should be fired today for cause (incompetance).

But Scooby-Doo transferring isn't a reason. The guy just never stepped up (coaching or skill or whatever).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure about Scooby. Started the year ok but seemed to fall off a cliff especially after Shemar was injured. Solid 4 star recruit but is it a talent issue or is it a development issue? Hard to tell with him. Sure some of the other guys seemed to be pushed out but between Scooby and Hill, I think those guys needed to stick around.
Because he’s not a linebacker. He’s an edge. A high school edge. Just like Wingo.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We’ve already been in touch

Not surprised by the news, but I am surprised that it happened so quickly. Feels like I remember reading some thing about a connection to South Carolina and his reason for being so locked in that the casual fan didn’t know, which made it make sense. Because it never made sense. Jax kid, full press by our staff and teammates with a commit. Figured he stay longer than a year. But I’d love to add him. That would easily offset Hayes.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised by the news, but I am surprised that it happened so quickly. Feels like I remember reading some thing about a connection to South Carolina and his reason for being so locked in that the casual fan didn’t know, which made it make sense. Because it never made sense. Jax kid, full press by our staff and teammates with a commit. Figured he stay longer than a year. But I’d love to add him. That would easily offset Hayes.
I'm not a 100% certain but believe that Mike Peterson while at USC(lite) may have been recruiting him.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Manuel was recruited by Sale (@ULL) coming out of HS.

Edit: Some more intell on these guys: Douglas and Humphrey, while listed above as safeties, both played corner last season. Douglas started his college career as a PWO at Bama and parlayed that into a scholarship at Tulane. Howell was used almost exclusively as a pass rusher at BGSU and had 9.5 sacks last season. (Yes, I know; that was in the MAC.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator