Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
TOS is saying this is a pretty solid pick up. Third arm. We only have two quarterbacks on the roster.
Looking at his career, this looks like a nice third arm, depth pickup that you hope to never need. But, if you do, your third string QB has solid game experience.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
He may get his stupid buyout. But when he's fired, and make no mistake, it's when, it won't be for any reason other than abject failure. Point out to me the part of that that isn't for cause.
Performance on the field is not valid cause for firing a college coach. Its in every NCAA contract.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Our staff is on fire. What is the point of even paying BG and are the two Oline coaches even alive. Haven't heard a peep out of them since the season ended.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
According to twitter, BN is just waiting until the Spring portal for the really, really gooduns!

Aht den.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That thought crossed my mind when Korn was first floated out there some weeks back. But at this point I’m like, what could it hurt? Might even help...some. Lord knows Billy has struggled in-game with the play calling amid the other blunders on defense, special teams, personnel, time and timeout management, etc. Maybe some help coming on the D side? Not thinking beyond helping comb the kinks out of the offense’s hair, just wanting something positive. A sign that we’re at least trying to avoid a mid-season firing (and another payout) and fighting back. We’ve passed the “what should be done eventually ought to be done immediately” phony tough guy blather. If we’re rolling with season three of “The Beverly Hillbillies‘ Assault on the SEC East,” let’s at least try and go out with a bang.

All that to say, I feel where you’re at. You must wake up these days thinking “Shti…another day of misery compounded by ‘What’s next from the Slingblade / Strichnine Cavalcade of Long Game Clownery’ to be harped upon by my torch and pitchfork wielding audience!” Then having to seek solace from the surely 100% genial members of the homeowners’ associtations…how you haven’t progressed far beyond Zima and into black tar heroin is nothing short of miraculous. So the conclusion has to be that this place is a calling. Maybe even a ministry. And whether it’s said or not, and I think I speak for at least some of the multitude, we are thankful that you have made this outlet possible. I really think there is more glue here than acetone.

So from deep down…thanks my man. Let’s keep weathering the storm.
standing ovation applause GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Your point is the strange one, splitting hairs between for cause and for failure just to pretend like Napier being thrown out on his butt for being awful is something other than for cause. That's literally the definition. His buyout payment is irrelevant to this.
If UF doesn't make SIGNIFICANT, obvious progress in his 3rd season, he deserves to be fired. He does not deserve to come back for a 4th season. I would say that about any coach.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Our staff is on fire. What is the point of even paying BG and are the two Oline coaches even alive. Haven't heard a peep out of them since the season ended.
Clearly a homosexual duo of incompetence. They suck beyond belief. Our OL is going to be the worst in the SEC. And there isn't much in the way of recruits either. Won't matter who is calling the plays now or in the future. We'll never score again, and Ox's prostitute bills will sky rocket.

I suspect Billy will hire someone to call the plays. That way they can blame them for the piss pour performance next season. If you got no big uglies in the trenches, might as well run triple option like Georgia Southern. Theme for the year: Lower Expectations.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If UF doesn't make SIGNIFICANT, obvious progress in his 3rd season, he deserves to be fired. He does not deserve to come back for a 4th season. I would say that about any coach.
While I agree, I’m leaning towards him getting a 4th year unless Stricklin gets canned.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's not just for K-Mart
200.gif
While true, K-Mart sadly went the way of the Edsel and is completely defunct. I suspect the blue light special and how it worked out for K-Mart is an omen for Florida Gator Football.:surrender:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator