3* RB Malik Davis commits

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cronk is gone at the end of the season, you can bank on that

That is probably a good point. So we still have 3 solid RBs and honestly I don't mind not having 4 players trying to get playing time... it seems the staff is reluctant to focus on the two best right now (which is frustrating)!

While I would love to still get Lemons if he gets his stuff together... I don't think RB is a key need for us this recruiting cycle, so I am not going to freak out about getting a 3 star here. I'm much more focused on OL, DL and LB.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We beat out Colorado St., Bowling Green, and FIU for him. Can you say bragging rights? We're title contenders again!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Davis was our Plan B, if Lemmon's Lemmoned

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Geezz...at least when Muschamp recruited a RB named Davis he was a solid 4star......granted he decommitted, went to USCe, played for SOS and had a stellar career there but he was our 4 star for a while :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Have I figured the MacCrew out =
"When you're facing the wrong direction, progress is made by striding backward."
So when this Gator flight of fancy crashes and burns and we investigate Mac's Black Box, nobody
will be able to figure it out ?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Obviously not a highly rated RB but his tape isn't too bad. What I noticed is the fact the kid hits the hole really fast. Thats something we have been missing. He also is the fastest kid on the field. Not sure about the level of [competition] he is playing though. Pretty sure he will RS and add about 20lbs to that frame. Could be a bust or he could be a find, who knows. Offers include: Louisville, UNC, Miami, Missouri, WV. Perine was a 3 star when he first committed also.

Go Gators!!!

I'd be totally good with that description of a prospect...if it wasn't almost verbatim what we hear about virtually every other player we land...and if it was someone we decide to throw in just before NSD because we had an extra scholly.

Yes, we've landed a few under the radar guys in the last 2 classes. But more often than not, the guys who are making impact on the field(outside of OL) are highly ranked players. The other guys playing exactly as they were projected to play when they were coming out of HS. We can't keep trying to out think the rankings and/or the other teams we face. It really has to come to an end.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i'm sure now that we've offered him he will get his 4th star, isn't that how it worx? - :dunno:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I'd be totally good with that description of a prospect...if it wasn't almost verbatim what we hear about virtually every other player we land...and if it was someone we decide to throw in just before NSD because we had an extra scholly.

Yes, we've landed a few under the radar guys in the last 2 classes. But more often than not, the guys who are making impact on the field(outside of OL) are highly ranked players. The other guys playing exactly as they were projected to play when they were coming out of HS. We can't keep trying to out think the rankings and/or the other teams we face. It really has to come to an end.

I agree w' you. Thats why is said who knows. Apparently no one in the program knows because our recruiting is bad, plain and simple. I really want Leatherwood, I think he will turn some eyes toward the Gators if he flips to us.

Go Gators!!!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
How do they look at our roster and say we need more runningbacks, but DT is all good?

:trainwreck:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Research on him shows he is the leading running back in Hillsborough county history, so that is something positive. This is what his coach has to say about him . Seems like a guy who could be a gem.

84c6614545391a69ca1a329fbdb00cf4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.