4* QB Joe Milton

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
So, to recap, plays like winston, good get; acts like Winston, no thanks; a bunch of 3-stars ready to commit; and the top tier talent looking elsewhere.

Anything else?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid was a must get IMO. I don't know how this happened.

Agree. I think in all the "let's get into Miami" (w/ Shannon on board) they totally neglected their bread and butter. We haven't signed a kid in 2 years from Jacksonville and the one's we've gotten were 3-stars (Khalif Jackson, Tyler Jordon....maybe one more). It's inexcusable. Kids from Jacksonville should want to come to UF, FSU or UGA....in that order. Instead we're watching them get plucked by Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, and several other out of state programs. WTF? We have 10x's the staff we had under Meyer, Zook, and Spurrier. They need to get their asses back in Jacksonville ASAP. Whiffing there is a head scratcher. There is easily 1 or 2 (or more) attainable recruits in Jacksonville every year. There's at least 10-20 that sign w/ major D1 schools (50+ or so that sign w/ D1 schools, w/ at least 10-20 of those being high 3-star or better). No excuses.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm pre-leak, but was at a few Bull Gator tail gates in the 80's and 90's, lot of racism there with the old white good old boy money.
You need to hang out with a better class of people. Tailgating/stands as far back as '79 and I can count on one hand how many times that was brought up.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Remember when Brock Berlin was recruited and he actively recruited for Florida... I beleive so did Tebow. They signed early, then went out to grab others.

Oh I remember Berlin and the #1 2000 class. #1 offensive and defensive players (Darryl Lee). Exhibit A for not putting too much emphasis on recruiting classes.

Berlin's biggest moment came in beating UF after he'd transferred to scUM.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You need to hang out with a better class of people. Tailgating/stands as far back as '79 and I can count on one hand how many times that was brought up.

I don't think the average fan feels that way Matrix, but a few of the wealthy Bull Gators did. But they were of an older generation than you or I. My dad best friend is the one we would get tickets through, also from a wealthy donor family. So we would be hanging on with him before/after the game. First time I hear the n-word (referring to how well that player played that day) was by a guy that could buy and sell my home town with what he donated to Florida at that point.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Despite graduating in TX, Tyrie Cleveland was born and raised in Jax, if that counts even partially. Along with his buddy Rick Wells.

Like I said, we've whiffed in Jax since McElwain has been here....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That, good sir, was beyond the pale. :nono:

Well, I recall that was the accusation back then. I seriously doubt there's any truth in it. SOS is probably the most competitive man on the planet and only cared about putting the best players on the field, esp QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like how effortless it is for this kid to whip the ball down the field.

To me, he is the most exciting QB to commit to us in a long time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It really seems like we are getting more interest since the new hires.
It does.

It also seems that we are actually trying to recruit now instead of waiting til December. That seems like a solid plan, regardless of how many times Bowl thinks we finished second for top recruits.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator