Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Steelers steal one from da Raiduhs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis on the play by play. Doesn't get any better.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It hit the ground.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
It hit the ground.

Absolutely not.
It was a TD monkey man.

IIRC the debate at the time was - did the ball hit the offensive player first or the defensive player.
The rule back in the day was - if the ball hit the offensive receiver then Franco (or any other offensive player) could not have been the next player to touch the ball.
But since the ball CLEARLY hit the Raiders DB first, then Franco was legally allowed to catch the ball, which he CLEARLY did and break the collective heart of the dirtbag Raider nation.

Exhibit A: the historically accurate re-creation of the blessed event in the Pittsburgh Airport.

100_4399.jpg

6MyvHL

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How can you not love the old NFL?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely not.
It was a TD monkey man.

IIRC the debate at the time was - did the ball hit the offensive player first or the defensive player.
The rule back in the day was - if the ball hit the offensive receiver then Franco (or any other offensive player) could not have been the next player to touch the ball.
But since the ball CLEARLY hit the Raiders DB first, then Franco was legally allowed to catch the ball, which he CLEARLY did and break the collective heart of the dirtbag Raider nation.

Exhibit A: the historically accurate re-creation of the blessed event in the Pittsburgh Airport.

100_4399.jpg

6MyvHL
Wife's from Pittsburgh, so I've seen this recreation a few times; even have pictures of the wife and kid with Franco.
Stillers!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That was one of the greatest one-hop catches I've ever seen. Three Rivers had the perfect sponginess in its turf, the ball seemed to rebound perfectly off the ground and into his hands. It was as if God himself had delivered a perfect bounce pass to him.

I travel to Pittsburg about once a year. They have a statue of Harris in the airport making that amazing one-hop catch, and it's depicted perfectly, as you can see, right after the ball hit the turf. Almost life like:

Imm%203.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I bet it would trip most people up if you asked them was that one of their Super Bowl winning years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Every professional team sooner or later experiences a watershed moment.

That was the Steelers' watershed moment.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That was one of the greatest one-hop catches I've ever seen. Three Rivers had the perfect sponginess in its turf, the ball seemed to rebound perfectly off the ground and into his hands. It was as if God himself had delivered a perfect bounce pass to him.

I travel to Pittsburg about once a year. They have a statue of Harris in the airport making that amazing one-hop catch, and it's depicted perfectly, as you can see, right after the ball hit the turf. Almost life like:

Imm%203.jpg

Used to have to fly to Pittsburgh about once a year for business and have seen this.

At the risk of going all "812" here, the ball hit the ground, Pittsburgh is a toilet (unless chain-smoking yinnzers are your thing), Ben is a rapist, and Primanti brothers is garbage.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need a Primanti here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads