4800 yards

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Insti sings “Won’t back down” louder than anyone. :lol:

This is really hard to understand? Do you imagine I put these numbers up because I have been thrilled by this lost decade of UF offense? Or did you just come up with what you imagine is a clever line and typically forced it in whether if fit or not?

As I said above, UF is still running a bit behind the numbers in my first post, but the trend is in the right direction. So we should be cautiously optimistic that UF will achieve a decent to middle of the road yardage offense this year. Do you further imagine that a decent offense is what I think should be the ultimate goal at UF?

And this thread is not the ultimate measure either. Once the yards are there it becomes how efficient the offense is at turning yards to points. Then Mullen has to show he can win the biggest of the big games potentially starting with UGa.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Huh?

You don't try to put accumulating yardage in front of scoring points.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Huh?

You don't try to put accumulating yardage in front of scoring points.

I agree though I sort of did, but did not really in this thread. You see UF had had such bad offenses that an unusually high percentage of the points came from other than the offense. So as a barameter on the offense I suggesed a measure of respectability. Also this measure is the one people typically have mentioned saying UF offense was 100+ for the last however many years, so really I did not pick yards this off season as much as respond to the complaints people have raised the last several years.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
When does the updated chart come out showing each game and the yards we gained in that game plus a minus or positive indicator showing our trend to staying on our path to 4800 yards?

I need to see it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This is really hard to understand? Do you imagine I put these numbers up because I have been thrilled by this lost decade of UF offense? Or did you just come up with what you imagine is a clever line and typically forced it in whether if fit or not?

As I said above, UF is still running a bit behind the numbers in my first post, but the trend is in the right direction. So we should be cautiously optimistic that UF will achieve a decent to middle of the road yardage offense this year. Do you further imagine that a decent offense is what I think should be the ultimate goal at UF?

And this thread is not the ultimate measure either. Once the yards are there it becomes how efficient the offense is at turning yards to points. Then Mullen has to show he can win the biggest of the big games potentially starting with UGa.

tenor.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree though I sort of did, but did not really in this thread. You see UF had had such bad offenses that an unusually high percentage of the points came from other than the offense. So as a barameter on the offense I suggesed a measure of respectability. Also this measure is the one people typically have mentioned saying UF offense was 100+ for the last however many years, so really I did not pick yards this off season as much as respond to the complaints people have raised the last several years.
There are pretty points and there are points. What we're seeing this season are points, which brings me to my point.

It really doesn't matter what brings about points -- pretty passes, fanciful runs or an opportunistic mindset. It all leads to the same thing.

I've come around to almost favoring the latter because you don't have to risk all your eggs in one basket.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
There are pretty points and there are points. What we're seeing this season are points, which brings me to my point.

It really doesn't matter what brings about points -- pretty passes, fanciful runs or an opportunistic mindset. It all leads to the same thing.

I've come around to almost favoring the latter because you don't have to risk all your eggs in one basket.

It does not matter how you get points, but the last decade have shown me you can not continually rely on defensive and special teams points to win games. In addition in the current falling attendance environment offense is important to keep the excitement and flow of money into the program. I do agree offensive points do not have to be pretty offensive points, but I think they need to be offensive points and it is good if they come from a working offense that gains yards to produce these points.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
It does not matter how you get points, but the last decade have shown me you can not continually rely on defensive and special teams points to win games. In addition in the current falling attendance environment offense is important to keep the excitement and flow of money into the program. I do agree offensive points do not have to be pretty offensive points, but I think they need to be offensive points and it is good if they come from a working offense that gains yards to produce these points.

You got a like from :law:!!!! :faint:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey believes points only matter in vertical offenses, like Spurrier's. He hated the Tebow offenses, for example. He would have preferred we lose with a Spurrier offense than win with a Meyer offense.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This just dawned on me as I read all the Kirby Smart love for Mullen in my paper. The last decade finally lowered the bar some. Most of us have admitted we just want to see IMPROVEMENT and better coaching instead of saying WE ARE FLORIDA.......WE SHOULD BE in Atlanta and playing for championships EVERY YEAR. So this is all in Dan's favor. For all purposes this looks like the REAL DEAL. So if and when we stumble the proverbial shT storm will not be as bad. We still gotta( or always) get some good recruiting classes coming in so I hope the "I knew he was a bum all along" sh#t wont become the phrase of the day. As for me, im pumping this regime full steam ahead no matter what happens when im AT THE WLOCP in 10 days.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is silly. Using yards as a metric is dumb. We drove the ball all the way down to the 2 yard line then threw an interception. Do those yards count? Nope. Its an aggregate of the whole damn picture. I look back at our season thus far and I see a team that has won in multiple ways. I see a team that plays hard in the 4th qtr. I see a team. Can't say I have seen that in O&B for a while now. Even with butters and chump, we could move the ball between the 20s but it never felt good once we got into the red zone. Now is a different feeling. I dont know what is going to happen for the rest of this season, but I do see a huge difference. Looking at stupid ypg dont show that.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
... and sorry you have to choose between being happy that you are wrong or root against your gators ... but you are wrong.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
FYI

Average 408.3 yards a game which is good for 66th

Total yards is 2858 which is good for 39th

Score 34.4 a game which is good for 37th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.