5-Star Busts

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Steve Shipp gets my vote. Was Bobby Sabalhause (sp?) a 5 star? Dude got to UF and suddenly forgot how to throw a football.
Man o man, is that true or what? I swear that kid couldnt throw the ball 20yards for a screen pass without it bouncing twice. Strangest thing Ive ever seen. We could have grabbed a random lineman and had a better passer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While he was not a five star, he was the second ranked safety in the country. Kyle Jackson. And while he may have not done "nothing" like the guys above. He effectively lost multiple games for us with his game play.

I'd rather have a five star not do anything on the field than have one lose games for us.
Kyle Jackson was the DB version of Sabelhaus. He was TERRIBLE at absolutely EVERYTHING. How does this happen?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Neither were five stars and one is our passing leader for the decade. The truth is that if our offense managed Brantley numbers (2000 yards passing and #90l) again, you drunken pumpers would be claiming it was a great improvement and qe were OWNING and DESTROYING.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
While he was not a five star, he was the second ranked safety in the country. Kyle Jackson. And while he may have not done "nothing" like the guys above. He effectively lost multiple games for us with his game play.

I'd rather have a five star not do anything on the field than have one lose games for us.

If I remember correctly in Urban's first year when we played Bama (31-3 loss), Jackson was a huge liability in that game. Didn't Reggie Nelson push him to the bench eventually?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I remember correctly in Urban's first year when we played Bama (31-3 loss), Jackson was a huge liability in that game. Didn't Reggie Nelson push him to the bench eventually?

Yep

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Huge liability? He bit hard four times and gave up all four TD's. He was a one man blowout.

Ive heard he was a real cool kid, but man he sucked on the football field. What you may have forgotten is that the staff let him start again in 2007 before giving way to Major Wright, I think it was.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Huge liability? He bit hard four times and gave up all four TD's. He was a one man blowout.

Ive heard he was a real cool kid, but man he sucked on the football field. What you may have forgotten is that the staff let him start again in 2007 before giving way to Major Wright, I think it was.

Yeah I surely didn't remember him getting back in the starting lineup, that Bama game was the last memory I really had of him.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Sabalhouse had a low throwing motion and release point. SOS tried to change that and failed miserably.

Sprurrier said, "I can coach them physically or mentally, but not both" or something to that effect re: Sabelhaus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator