6 Parting Shots from UT's win vs. Ohio

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes... it is still winning, but I'm also not acting like we are dominating them every year. We could have lost those games, so I am unsure how everybody is so confident about this one. I just don't get the confidence based on the quality of our teams play.
I dont believe in moral losses or moral victories, especially not if 11 of them occur in a row or if 27 out of 30 occur.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I dont believe in moral losses or moral victories, especially not if 11 of them occur in a row or if 27 out of 30 occur.

Never said they were moral losses or victories... just stating that we have been close in the last two games... Our team doesn't look that much better than last year... either do they. It was a 1 point game and they missed a FG to win it. I don't understand why everybody is so confident. Just trying to understand where all this confidence comes from...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Never said they were moral losses or victories... just stating that we have been close in the last two games... Our team doesn't look that much better than last year... either do they. It was a 1 point game and they missed a FG to win it. I don't understand why everybody is so confident. Just trying to understand where all this confidence comes from...
How about this:

Someone posted the Offense and Defensive rankings so far this year. Everything is pretty much a wash except for 2 things. Our D vs their O. It's completely lopsided. We're #1 and #2 on D, they're #s 90s-100s on O. That's the difference. Plus we have Eddie P. who can kick from almost anywhere on the field. That alone, gives me confidence we should walk away with the win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are those injured LBs of theirs still going to be out against us?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How about this:

Someone posted the Offense and Defensive rankings so far this year. Everything is pretty much a wash except for 2 things. Our D vs their O. It's completely lopsided. We're #1 and #2 on D, they're #s 90s-100s on O. That's the difference. Plus we have Eddie P. who can kick from almost anywhere on the field. That alone, gives me confidence we should walk away with the win.

OK... I guess. I get the Butch Jones thing also, but we haven't played anybody. So our defensive rating doesn't mean a whole lot...IMO. It is impressive, but until we play a good team we really don't know anything.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
OK... I guess. I get the Butch Jones thing also, but we haven't played anybody. So our defensive rating doesn't mean a whole lot...IMO. It is impressive, but until we play a good team we really don't know anything.

Is Tenn a real team?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is Tenn a real team?
Big_Bang_Bazinga_Sheldon_Red_Shirt_LG.jpg

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Even if our defense isn't the best in the country as the stats suggest, it's not unreasonable to think that this is still a legit top 10 defense, especially since it was a 10 top defense statistically last year. It's also not unreasonable to say that UT's offense has struggled against defenses that are inferior to ours this year. As long as the defense is disciplined and doesn't succumb to poor tackling fundamentals, UT should struggle to score 10 points on Saturday.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Here is one thing that has me worried about the game this week. We are the better team, and recent history shows that means NOTHING.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I want to shut them out. Let's win 4-0 on two safeties. I want 110,000 buttchugging rednecks to see them flail around for 60 minutes in their own house and not score a single point.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OBTW Appleby is gonna throw a 75 yard bomb on the first play of the game.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
The TEAM has looked mediocre. Yes the defense has played very well and dominated, but like you said the level of competition has not been very good, so we have no idea. The offense has looked mediocre at best. It looked good against UK, but very bad against UMASS and UNT. When you can't convert a 4th and 2 against UNT there is a problem.

I have no idea if the defense can stop a running game because they haven't really faced one yet. I have no idea if our offense will be able to score against even an average SEC defense.

Basically... I still don't think we know anything about this team yet, especially with Appleby at QB.

I know we can kick field goals and extra points.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do we miss the fg? (You said we'd win 4-0)
No I said that's what I want, meaning a dominant defensive performance. I suppose if we blow them out they'll leave by halftime and won't get to see 60 minutes of them trying to score. Actually with Appleby you do get a strong arm back there, and airing one out not just deep but DEEP early on might make them play back a little.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine Eddy's jumping enthusiasm upon hitting a long FG that the
packed crowd doesn't believe he can hit ? Go Gators ! I hope Eddy gets a
good apprising of the importance of extending our streak . I want the streak to
continue so that the national TV announcers will blare it o'er and o'er again.
Greatly, do I want our D to solidify it's #1 ranking.
How great to win this with our 2nd string QB. And how great to shore up our
back-up QB so LDR can take his time coming back.

If our band travels, I'd like to see them scroll out the image of a butt-funnel, for
the nation to see and the announcers to explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.