$8,875,000

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought once he was hired at South Carolina, that amount either went down or disappeared
We have dildos who graduated from a shopping center law school writing our contracts at UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think that sounds a little suspicious to me, b/c if that is the case, then our athletic dept and/or the legal dept. within the athletic dept. is dumber than I thought. I always thought that you had to honor that contract if there was a non-compete clause or that person did not attain work. In most cases of coaching, the remaining amount of the contract is 'usually" offset by the amount of money being made at the new job.
Right, but not at UF. In fact, if you look far enough back, you can find a few epic threads of PDS defending the lack of offset in the contract.

The only rational explanation is he is one of the morons who wrote it. Your average business student with one semester of undergrad business law knows better.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think that sounds a little suspicious to me, b/c if that is the case, then our athletic dept and/or the legal dept. within the athletic dept. is dumber than I thought. I always thought that you had to honor that contract if there was a non-compete clause or that person did not attain work. In most cases of coaching, the remaining amount of the contract is 'usually" offset by the amount of money being made at the new job. That I thought was standard contract legalese in the coaching profession, but nothing would surprise me on anything Fooley signed off on.
Usually, yes. It was confirmed that was not the case. The buyout money stacks right on top of his South Carolina money.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Usually, yes. It was confirmed that was not the case. The buyout money stacks right on top of his South Carolina money.
Right, but not at UF. In fact, if you look far enough back, you can find a few epic threads of PDS defending the lack of offset in the contract.

The only rational explanation is he is one of the morons who wrote it. Your average business student with one semester of undergrad business law knows better.

Thanx OX and Law. For the record I took Bus. Law I and Bus Law II at UF. I was bored my last semester and took B-Law 2 just in case I decided to go to grad school. Smartly I chose not to, but I certainly did not need either class to know about how most contracts work. Nice to know our athletic dept. is not letting us down and continues to be as bufoonish as ever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, even now the offset is only if he takes a position in the SEC and it's only a partial offset.

We are morons. We refuse to pay enough to attract top talent, then somehow overpay whatever damaged goods we buy on the cheap to coach this team.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah, even now the offset is only if he takes a position in the SEC and it's only a partial offset.

We are morons. We refuse to pay enough to attract top talent, then somehow overpay whatever damaged goods we buy on the cheap to coach this team.

That sounds eerily similar to how the U.S. Gov't runs and also the perfect recipe for any business to end up in Bankruptcy court regardless of what Chapter protection you seek :loser:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That sounds eerily similar to how the U.S. Gov't runs and also the perfect recipe for any business to end up in Bankruptcy court regardless of what Chapter protection you seek :loser:

Stands to reason. We hired a politician to run the athletic department.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is this for? Anybody know?
sidebar-5.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When we play SC, Muschamp should put up one of those instantly updating tickers on the scoreboard of how much UF is still paying him per second. Like that national debt clock.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If it makes you feel any better the tax implications of those salaries are significant.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss is getting paid about $832,999 too much.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Have no idea how my phone posted the above.
You have a mobile phone? I always pictured you still using one of these:

old-phone.jpg

As for being on the GCMB, I always figured you didn't own a computer but paid for internet time at the library.

Jun 2, 2015
Breaking that down, it is about $86,538. per week and based on a 40-hour work week it is $2,163. per hour. Pretty fair wage and that's not counting all the perks. IMHO, no football coach, nor player is worth that. To put it in perspective, an orthopaedic surgeon, heart surgeon and neurosurgeon who have spent around 10 to 12 years in school following high school generally make between 1 & 3 M. I think we pay Richt 4M, but at least we are showing some progress.
Anyone know what Scott Frost makes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator