$8,875,000

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You have a mobile phone? I always pictured you still using one of these:

old-phone.jpg

As for being on the GCMB, I always figured you didn't own a computer but paid for internet time at the library.
String and tin cans, actually

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Everyone needs to chill. This is the American way - particularly in the private sector. CEOs and senior executives negotiate big compensation packages AND shiny Golden Parachutes REGARDLESS of firm performance.

BTW, You do not see such packages in British, German, or Japanese companies.

Politicians and military Generals negotiate lobbying payoffs after they leave office.

So, this is par for the course. To criticize Mac's compensation goes against the very essence of capitalism.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You have a mobile phone? I always pictured you still using one of these:

old-phone.jpg

As for being on the GCMB, I always figured you didn't own a computer but paid for internet time at the library.
That thing is mobile.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone needs to chill. This is the American way - particularly in the private sector. CEOs and senior executives negotiate big compensation packages AND shiny Golden Parachutes REGARDLESS of firm performance.

BTW, You do not see such packages in British, German, or Japanese companies.

Politicians and military Generals negotiate lobbying payoffs after they leave office.

So, this is par for the course. To criticize Mac's compensation goes against the very essence of capitalism.
I don't believe anyone is saying that it isn't fair that he makes that much so much as he is not worth anywhere near that much and the people that hired him and extended him for that salary are ****ing idiots

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I don't believe anyone is saying that it isn't fair that he makes that much so much as he is not worth anywhere near that much and the people that hired him and extended him for that salary are ****ing idiots
Not disagreeing about the unfair aspect. Simply pointing out that this is similar to what goes on in the corporate world. Studies show that the highest paid CEOs have the worst financial performance. In both spheres, it is sad.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/susana...worst-performers-new-study-says/#6a7fd0c07e32

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator