9 Year Old Girl Gun Downs Man with a Uzi

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
9 year old girl accidently kills shooting range instructor.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who the eff thinks it's acceptable to teach a 9 year old to shoot a gun like that?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to know what gun experience she's had. Doubt she has anything significant, just a dumb situation

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a horrible story no matter how you look at it. I cant even imagine what that 9 year girl is going through. Damn.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That story has almost 14000 comments! I know that seems a little young to start gun training, but obviously there was no "practice" to see the effect of the recoil. A clip of blanks would likely have shown that this youngster could not safely control the gun. Too late now, but why wouldn't the instructor have a hand in holding the gun for this very reason?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My old man started me out shooting at 6 but it was with single shot .22's. Had to prove myself with safety, mastery of and ability to control the weapon before he'd allow me larger caliber's. And a fully auto is just not something kids that young are ready IMO.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
My old man started me out shooting at 6 but it was with single shot .22's. Had to prove myself with safety, mastery of and ability to control the weapon before he'd allow me larger caliber's. And a fully auto is just not something kids that young are ready IMO.
Mine started me at 6 as well with a single shot antique Stevens .22. It was always about safety and the proper way to handle a firearm.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Key difference here....you weren't given a fully automatic Uzi for Christ's sake! I'm sorry....but who needs to learn how to shoot an Uzi outside of the military?

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Not condoning or agree with the Uzi/9 yr old thing at all, just replying to Sonoma as we had similar introductions to firearms.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Oh no...wasn't saying you were condoning it. You guys learned correctly. But I just think there is absolutely no reason anyone outside of military personnel that should be learning to fire an Uzi, especially a 9 year old child.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Absolutely agree.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm well armed and understand the importance of the Second Amendment. The Founding Fathers basically gave the future American citizens an insurance policy against the rise of a right wing military takeover like the Nazis or a left wing coup like the Bolsheviks. We, the People, support the Second Amendment but We, the People are not the NRA demanding ownership of extreme weapons and ammunition or teaching 9 year old girls how to weld and fire a ****ing Uzi.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
That story has almost 14000 comments! I know that seems a little young to start gun training, but obviously there was no "practice" to see the effect of the recoil. A clip of blanks would likely have shown that this youngster could not safely control the gun. Too late now, but why wouldn't the instructor have a hand in holding the gun for this very reason?
where was his head at? oh

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This falls solely on the gun range instructor who allowed an inexeperienced nine-year-old to fire an automatic weapon on her own with more than two or three bullets in the magazine while standing in the wrong position. He should have been assisting her with stabilizing the weapon until she felt comfortable and displayed proficiency in controlling the weapon when in automatic mode.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with letting a nine-year-old fire an UZI when the proper safety precautions are taken. The parents did nothing wrong, either. They trusted what was supposed to have been an experienced instructor (a professional) to assist their daughter in a controlled setting. Meanwhile, he made several rookie mistakes that cost him his life. However, all I am seeing from the gun control crowd is how a nine-year-old has no business firing an UZI and that the parents were idiots for allowing their daughter to shoot the weapon. It's sucks, but it could have been prevented if the instructor had not allowed it to happen by using the proper techniques.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus;n36408 said:
This falls solely on the gun range instructor who allowed an inexeperienced nine-year-old to fire an automatic weapon on her own with more than two or three bullets in the magazine while standing in the wrong position. He should have been assisting her with stabilizing the weapon until she felt comfortable and displayed proficiency in controlling the weapon when in automatic mode.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with letting a nine-year-old fire an UZI when the proper safety precautions are taken. The parents did nothing wrong, either. They trusted what was supposed to have been an experienced instructor (a professional) to assist their daughter in a controlled setting. Meanwhile, he made several rookie mistakes that cost him his life. However, all I am seeing from the gun control crowd is how a nine-year-old has no business firing an UZI and that the parents were idiots for allowing their daughter to shoot the weapon. It's sucks, but it could have been prevented if the instructor had not allowed it to happen by using the proper techniques.
I'm far from saying citizens should not have guns, I guess I just don't see why a child needs to be shooting an Uzi at all, even at a firing range. That I'll never understand. Teach the kid to shoot a shot gun or hand gun...but a ****ing Uzi??? What's the point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator