Founding Member
What a f'n joke.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
OK, the media forgets, but this started because the Cryptkeeper Mayor of Charlotte decided to give validity and mic time to a convicted and registered sex offender at a meeting. That is where this debacle started.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the Blue Devils, Tarheels, and Wolfpack are all gonna have to pack up their **** and move to Virginia.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA is a business, just like the ACC is a business. This is a business decision. They know because of social factors some people would choose not to attend these events if they were held in the state. That means loss of revenue. If this was about social outrage it would have happened a lot, lot earlier than now. It's all about the accountants doing a cost/benefit analyst and saying they will make more money elsewhere.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even believe for a second that enough people would boycott the ACC championship game to make even a remote dent in sales. If there is a financial angle, it is more likely a problem with political pressure on sponsors.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The game bombed in Tampa and Jacksonville, and had done well in Charlotte. The ACC will lose money, lots of it.

Where else can they go besides Tampa or Jax? Miami? Ha. FedEx Field and risk a weather boon? Ha.

The Carrier Dome may be available.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even believe for a second that enough people would boycott the ACC championship game to make even a remote dent in sales. If there is a financial angle, it is more likely a problem with political pressure on sponsors.

Might be sponsors willing to pull out of the game if it is held there. But this decision is too late in the game to be about "making a statement". This is obviously so late in the game, it has to be about money.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The game bombed in Tampa and Jacksonville, and had done well in Charlotte. The ACC will lose money, lots of it.

Where else can they go besides Tampa or Jax? Miami? Ha. FedEx Field and risk a weather boon? Ha.

The Carrier Dome may be available.

I don't know if they can do Tampa does the AAC do theirs there? Jacksonville was a train wreck. It has done well in Charlotte, but attendance isn't the majority of money made off these things.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA is a business, just like the ACC is a business. This is a business decision. They know because of social factors some people would choose not to attend these events if they were held in the state. That means loss of revenue. If this was about social outrage it would have happened a lot, lot earlier than now. It's all about the accountants doing a cost/benefit analyst and saying they will make more money elsewhere.

..... so it's CPAPC ?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Invisible hand of advertisers...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody wants to inhale all those tobacco fumes anyway.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Institutionalized (state sponsored) discrimination against any group of individuals is never a good thing. I applaud the ACC for taking this step; which may well cost the league millions of dollars. I would say the league is putting principles before money. The response would have been the same if North Carolina House Bill 2 prohibited blacks from using white only bathrooms, or vice versa. I have no place for hate or for those who support it.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It is my understanding that the Vero Beach Citrus Bowl is available, and has more than enough seating for all the ACC fans.

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't worry about the missing bleachers. I am told on good authority that they are being replaced with red aluminum.

Stay classy, ACC.

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ACC doesn't want to discriminate against chicks with d*cks, but is fine discriminating against chicks without them.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I'm surprised Orlando isn't paying them to come here. They are dying to have as much as possible in that stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.