ACC CG leaves NC

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Institutionalized (state sponsored) discrimination against any group of individuals is never a good thing. I applaud the ACC for taking this step; which may well cost the league millions of dollars. I would say the league is putting principles before money. The response would have been the same if North Carolina House Bill 2 prohibited blacks from using white only bathrooms, or vice versa. I have no place for hate or for those who support it.
:fistbump:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Lot of depraved people out there. Still love you all though :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This should go as well for the ACC as the Chikfila boycott.

Or all the empty Target stores.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This kind of thing is going to make North Carolina a lot more attractive for millions of people to move to. Good to see them stick to their guns.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where ever the game is held I suppose the conference will insist the restrooms be gender neutral. That's gon be a hoot.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was just simply saying our Target stores here in the Tampa area are far from empty. Sorry to ruffle conservative feathers. I'll go back to remaining silent.
I think he was being facetious about the stores being empty. Thus you are in agreement.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Institutionalized (state sponsored) discrimination against any group of individuals is never a good thing. I applaud the ACC for taking this step; which may well cost the league millions of dollars. I would say the league is putting principles before money. The response would have been the same if North Carolina House Bill 2 prohibited blacks from using white only bathrooms, or vice versa. I have no place for hate or for those who support it.

I agree that no group should ever be discriminated against. In this case, the group consists of .6% of the total US population.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/health/transgender-population.html

I think that there is a very legitimate argument to be made that policies that allow people to access bathrooms other than for their genetic sex, will be exploited by people who have predatory inclinations, and there are a plethora of examples since this issue made headlines.

Simply, this is a perfect example where policies should have been left alone. Its likely there were transgendered people using the bathrooms of their choice already without incident or without attention. Now, as a result of this scrutiny, it's likely that more transgendered people will actually be legitimately discriminated against.

Regarding your race example, is race a matter of identity or genetics? I wasn't alive during the 60s, so help me with this. Were blacks allowed to use white restrooms if they identified or felt white that day?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Google their sales figures.

That might not be a good indication after the hacking scandal they had. I don't know if their is a good way to judge, being a good percentage of the population lost their trust with Target after their servers were hacked and it was very public.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The larger ramification of an executive order carrying the effect of a law is what it does in the
medical arena of mental health. This has to make it illegal to treat a person who thinks they are not
the genetic sex they were born with. This puts PCism and Obama (politicians) at wiping out 35 years
of medical research-facts ... puts their "wisdom" as greater than MDs' years of facts.

The medical aspect of genetic dysphoria disorder is that it is driven by the mental disturbances of
severe anxiety and depression. Study the research facts ... 70% of victims who make the transition
to their non-genetic gender continue to suffer severe anxiety disorders and severe depression (with
continuous treatment by Psychiatrist-MDs). Think about it. If in a teen's years they had uncomfortable anxiety
for feeling they don't belong as their born sex, how much more anxiety & depression comes from being a
genetic female trying to fit in as a male (or visa versa) = Transgenders' suicide rate (attempted + death) is
10 times that of our regular population. To the letter of the "executive law", any Psych-MD who treats their
patient as if their gender confusion is a harmful manifestation of anxiety & depression ... well, that's illegal
discrimination, according to Obama's exec-order. Some can say that's an exaggeration, but read the wording.
And at some point, a Psychiatrist-MD will be sued for following his medical knowledge in the truth direction.
he will have committed the federal discrimination-civil rights crime. The Fed-Gov knows best.??

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
By way of valid example: Consider MDs not being allowed to treat severe agoraphobia, which is also a
manifestation "run-amok" anxiety. So those folks should be left to tremble in fear imprisoned in their own
homes ? PCism would say let them be who & how they "feel". ??

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Institutionalized (state sponsored) discrimination against any group of individuals is never a good thing.

It is never a good thing for state institutions to treat those without a high school degree different than those with? Or those with a low SAT score? Or felons like rapists. Or those not as good at football. Discriminating is what college sports, college admissions and life for that matter are all about.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That might not be a good indication after the hacking scandal they had. I don't know if their is a good way to judge, being a good percentage of the population lost their trust with Target after their servers were hacked and it was very public.
And they sell food made in China. This makes me question their judgment. Ergo, I do not shop there any longer (or very much anymore).

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
The larger ramification of an executive order carrying the effect of a law is what it does in the
medical arena of mental health. This has to make it illegal to treat a person who thinks they are not
the genetic sex they were born with. This puts PCism and Obama (politicians) at wiping out 35 years
of medical research-facts ... puts their "wisdom" as greater than MDs' years of facts.

The medical aspect of genetic dysphoria disorder is that it is driven by the mental disturbances of
severe anxiety and depression. Study the research facts ... 70% of victims who make the transition
to their non-genetic gender continue to suffer severe anxiety disorders and severe depression (with
continuous treatment by Psychiatrist-MDs). Think about it. If in a teen's years they had uncomfortable anxiety
for feeling they don't belong as their born sex, how much more anxiety & depression comes from being a
genetic female trying to fit in as a male (or visa versa) = Transgenders' suicide rate (attempted + death) is
10 times that of our regular population. To the letter of the "executive law", any Psych-MD who treats their
patient as if their gender confusion is a harmful manifestation of anxiety & depression ... well, that's illegal
discrimination, according to Obama's exec-order. Some can say that's an exaggeration, but read the wording.
And at some point, a Psychiatrist-MD will be sued for following his medical knowledge in the truth direction.
he will have committed the federal discrimination-civil rights crime. The Fed-Gov knows best.??

I know that I'm really dumb but I don't know if that's the reason I'm looking at your post like this.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.