Addazio's offense turns the corner at BC - our next coach?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Perfect timing for the Daz to have his team firing on all cylinders. I hope he curb stomps and slaps the clown silly this Friday!!

On a side note, there is the Shula Steakhouse, he can open up the Daz Dive.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
No desire to see Addazio in Gainesville again but this story gives me hope that a horrible offense can suddenly explode for 40+ points per game!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stewart Mandel's mailbag comments:

Stewart: What am I supposed to think of BC’s recent success? The only thing that had been getting me through the last couple of seasons was the prospect of a new coach (Joe Moorhead?). Should I just be happy that the Eagles are actually winning a couple of games or worried that this will postpone a much-needed coaching change?

Will, Boston

Great question.

Just two weeks ago, Steve Addazio’s Eagles were sitting at 0-3 in the ACC, 2-4 overall and well into their fourth consecutive season of offensive ineptitude. In fact, this was shaping up to be BC’s worst offense yet, ranked 120th in the country in scoring offense at 16.3 points per game. There was no reason whatsoever to think things were going to end well for him there.

Then the Eagles went on the road and beat Louisville 45-42. Then went and destroyed 5-1 Virginia, 41-10. They’re not only winning, they’re finally lighting up the scoreboard. And they’re doing it in large part thanks to both a freshman quarterback, Anthony Brown, and freshman running back, A.J. Dillon. If you’re a BC fan, how could you not get your hopes up at this point?

Conveniently, we’ve arrived at a heck of a crossroads week for the program. Florida State comes to town Friday night for what constitutes the closest thing to a big game these days on the Heights. The ’Noles, though, are 2-4 and highly beatable. If, on the heels of its first back-to-back 40-point games since 2002, BC beats FSU for the first time since 2009, I recommend you celebrate it, embrace it and cast aside those visions of other, flashier coaches.

If the Eagles lose and fall to 4-5, let’s reevaluate.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I missed the game last night, went to a concert. How'd Dazzler's O look?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like Dazzlers O. You saw the Globe article describing three years of offensive ineptitude, right?

But FSU's D looked like Vandy, UK or us.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I missed the game last night, went to a concert. How'd Dazzler's O look?

It was more fun to watch than ours. RB A. J. Dillon is a beast, which certainly helped open up enough passes to keep the ball moving. Not saying Daz should be our next coach, but it was fun watching BC embarrass the clowns. 35-3, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.