After Shannon claimed they were "mis-hit", Pinero says he kicked all 5 kickoffs short on purpose

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I'd heard the rumors about how close they were, but their matching tattoos took the player/coach relationship to a whole 'nother and uncomfortable level.

lifebuzz-983a1fedf9e8dec8f3a883605b848b29-thumb_400.jpg
source.gif

Jun 2, 2015
If I were Coach Shannon, he would not even dress out. We recently had a player tweet a negative post (Mullins) against the coaching staff, and BAM, he is now no longer on the team. Richt has surprisingly swiftly gotten rid of the cancers on the team. Unfortunately, some of these young men fail to consider the opportunity they have of receiving a quality education as few make it into the NFL.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I moved these posts from another thread because this one deserved its own.

Pinero says he did it without saying anything to the coaches, and didn't get in any trouble for it. He says it's what McElwain would have liked to seen him try.

It's astounding. Be sure to watch that short video clip on it.
Except he never did it when Mac was still here. It seems like this goes back to your thread about whether the players were moping over their player's coach firing. This would go beyond dogging it and directly to intentional sabotage since anyone in the world following us, let alone one of our own players, would know we have one of the worst kick coverage units in the country.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd heard the rumors about how close they were, but their matching tattoos took the player/coach relationship to a whole 'nother and uncomfortable level.

lifebuzz-983a1fedf9e8dec8f3a883605b848b29-thumb_400.jpg

Looks like Jim is "Jelly."

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd cut his ass immediately.

Not a team player. Doing stupid **** on his own and thought Butters would like it.

Shannon needs to rain down some authority on these kids and if they don't like it, bench them at the least. Let the guys who are for the team play.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
It is apparent now that Clarabelle McElwain created an "aw shucks" mentality on this team. I am not sure there is an immediate cure short of cleaning house and starting over.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Well when you fan base has been reduced to yelling "Eddie, Eddie" because that's all the excitement we can produce, it's bound to go to your head, one that seemingly is already to big. He'd be gone already if I were the coach.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe this explains why his number hasn't been called much when we were well within his potential range.....

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=8347&type=Archive

So, Eddy decided on his own to short kick 5 kick-offs... :wtf: is going on with these knuckleheads??? Then he publicly states it on videotape after Shannon had publicly stated on videotape that Eddy had miss-hit 5 kickoffs.
Who the hell is running this football team?

Chauncey Gardner said no one has quit on Twitter, though I'm not a fan of tweeting players, can someone send him a copy of that vid?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Except he never did it when Mac was still here. It seems like this goes back to your thread about whether the players were moping over their player's coach firing. This would go beyond dogging it and directly to intentional sabotage since anyone in the world following us, let alone one of our own players, would know we have one of the worst kick coverage units in the country.

If Eddie had been intentionally trying to sabotage the game, he'd have missed the FGs (he was 3 for 3, 100%). Sounds more like he thought they could put Mizzou in bad field position if he kicked it just shy of the goal line, but being a kid, he forgot to tell the rest of the kick-off team and run that theory by his coaches first. Dumb move, & terrible optics to go against what you've been coached, but not what I'd consider intentional sabotage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator