Alabama Crimson Tide buses leave OC Lane Kiffin at stadium

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Now that is funny. But at the end of the day, he did a heck of a job with a qb who has a bright future in auto sales.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now that is funny. But at the end of the day, he did a heck of a job with a qb who has a bright future in auto sales.

I was thinking the same thing during the game. They have four 5* QBs on the roster and they went with Coker.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking the same thing during the game. They have four 5* QBs on the roster and they went with Coker.

Well, four 5* QB's isn't quite right... The starter, Coker? 3*. His backup, Cooper Bateman? 4* Third stringer, Alec Morris? 3*. The two other QB's on roster are both 4*. Not a single 5* QB on the roster.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I hate to say it Lane Kiffin called one hell of a game against Clemson as he did against Michigan State. Where was all this genius when he was head coach at Tennessee?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hes a good OC when that's all he has to worry about, hes just not a good HC. Its really that simple.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QB is the one position Bammer has struggled at recruiting. The top kids don't want to hand off a lot and be a game manager.
And yet we're taking highschool back ups and purdue/ vandy transfers.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Too bad he didn't miss the bus to the game!

Kiffin being a champion is almost as bad as Saban and Bama winning again. Bama in some articles claims 16 NC's. WTF! LOL! They have won so many dubious NC's that I couldn't pull for them to win another NC. I will root for Bama in other sports if the NC is on the line but I can't in football.

45-40 is ridiculous. What happened to defense in college football? Too bad Clemson lost.

As for Kiffin he should stay at Bama and ride it out. He may be the next head coach there.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
As much as I hate to say it Lane Kiffin called one hell of a game against Clemson as he did against Michigan State. Where was all this genius when he was head coach at Tennessee?

Because being a coordinator is different from being the head coach. He is obviously an outstanding playcaller. But he is a proven loser as a head coach. The most obvious example of this is Dick LeBeau. LeBeau will be a first ballot HOFer. He's been that good as a DC. He is a terrible head coach. Some guys just aren't leaders.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because being a coordinator is different from being the head coach. He is obviously an outstanding playcaller. But he is a proven loser as a head coach. The most obvious example of this is Dick LeBeau. LeBeau will be a first ballot HOFer. He's been that good as a DC. He is a terrible head coach. Some guys just aren't leaders.
Lots of OCs are good at calling plays. The hard part is having the players that can execute those plays. A lot of OCs across the country would look like geniuses with Bama's roster.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
QB is the one position Bammer has struggled at recruiting. The top kids don't want to hand off a lot and be a game manager.

Yeah, winning National Championships is so boring.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Too bad he didn't miss the bus to the game!

Kiffin being a champion is almost as bad as Saban and Bama winning again. Bama in some articles claims 16 NC's. WTF! LOL! They have won so many dubious NC's that I couldn't pull for them to win another NC. I will root for Bama in other sports if the NC is on the line but I can't in football.

45-40 is ridiculous. What happened to defense in college football? Too bad Clemson lost.

As for Kiffin he should stay at Bama and ride it out. He may be the next head coach there.
The Bammers have their sights set on Dabo as Saban's replacement.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Is it really that hard to be the OC at Bama? When you have the best OL in the country, year in and year out, you really don't have to be that creative.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Lots of OCs are good at calling plays. The hard part is having the players that can execute those plays. A lot of OCs across the country would look like geniuses with Bama's roster

Exactly. He is awful and called a crappy game last night. If he had kept feeding Henry in the first half instead of trying to make his QB, who was having an awful game, throw on 1st down Bama would have gone into halftime up by 3 TD's.This game never would have been close. He actually makes Bama look worse with his play calling than they really are.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. He is awful and called a crappy game last night. If he had kept feeding Henry in the first half instead of trying to make his QB, who was having an awful game, throw on 1st down Bama would have gone into halftime up by 3 TD's.This game never would have been close. He actually makes Bama look worse with his play calling than they really are.
They should just outlaw that damned forward pass thing.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Is it really that hard to be the OC at Bama? When you have the best OL in the country, year in and year out, you really don't have to be that creative.

You could throw dice before every play with Bama's O and tear up the field for 500+ yards. OTOH, I did think Lame called a good game with the surprisingly bad play of his Quaalude QB plodding thru his progressions timed with a calendar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.